• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Trimester milestones

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Congratulations on reaching this milestone and joining us to document your journey through each trimester!

Whether you're expecting your first child or expanding your brood, it's an exciting yet uncertain time navigating pregnancy's ups and downs. Each trimester comes with its own challenges and highlights and we want to create a space to share our experiences and celebrate this incredible journey together.

In the next few weeks and months, our bodies will go through many changes. Let's support one another as we tackle first-trimester fatigue, cravings in the second, and the anticipation of meeting our little ones in the third! We can also provide expecting moms a great resource for advice on what to expect at each stage and celebrate our strength and resilience.

What's everyone's current symptoms/feelings? Any funny cravings or baby dreams yet? Let's kickstart this thread and share our experiences navigating these trimester milestones!

Congratulations on reaching this milestone and joining us to document your journey through each trimester!

Whether you're expecting your first child or expanding your brood, it's an exciting yet uncertain time navigating pregnancy's ups and downs. Each trimester comes with its own challenges and highlights and we want to create a space to share our experiences and celebrate this incredible journey together.

In the next few weeks and months, our bodies will go through many changes. Let's support one another as we tackle first-trimester fatigue, cravings in the second, and the anticipation of meeting our little ones in the third! We can also provide expecting moms a great resource for advice on what to expect at each stage and celebrate our strength and resilience.

What's everyone's current symptoms/feelings? Any funny cravings or baby dreams yet? Let's kickstart this thread and share our experiences navigating these trimester milestones!
Exhaustion, nausea, sensitivity to smells...welcome to the first trimester! As for dreams, I somehow keep dreaming about different types of cheese. Don't ask me why or how that started, but it's been an interesting few weeks.

Exhaustion, nausea, sensitivity to smells...welcome to the first trimester! As for dreams, I somehow keep dreaming about different types of cheese. Don't ask me why or how that started, but it's been an interesting few weeks.
Cheese dreams? That's a new one! First trimester sounds challenging; hopefully, some of you moms can offer some words of encouragement or shared experiences to make chickadee feel better!

My own experience with the first trimester was mostly marked by exhaustion and food aversions -- meat especially smelt and sounded disgusting to me. I couldn't bear the thought of cooking, and thankfully, my husband stepped up to do most of the cooking during that time.

Cheese dreams? That's a new one! First trimester sounds challenging; hopefully, some of you moms can offer some words of encouragement or shared experiences to make chickadee feel better!

My own experience with the first trimester was mostly marked by exhaustion and food aversions -- meat especially smelt and sounded disgusting to me. I couldn't bear the thought of cooking, and thankfully, my husband stepped up to do most of the cooking during that time.
That's really sweet of your husband to step up when you needed the help! My hubby has also been super supportive, thank goodness because I've been so exhausted that doing anything beyond work and baby preparation feels like a chore. Can't wait for some of that famous second-trimester energy everyone talks about!

That's really sweet of your husband to step up when you needed the help! My hubby has also been super supportive, thank goodness because I've been so exhausted that doing anything beyond work and baby preparation feels like a chore. Can't wait for some of that famous second-trimester energy everyone talks about!
It's great to hear that your husband has been so supportive, chickadee! The first trimester can really do a number on you; it's encouraging to hear that many mothers go through the same struggles and also find comfort and help from their partners. Here's hoping that rejuvenating second-trimester energy kicks in soon!

As for me, I'm still struggling with some morning (all day) sickness and fatigue, but what gets me through is knowing that my body is working hard to grow this little one. It's an incredible process that we often take for granted when it's not happening right in front of us. I'm trying to remind myself that these symptoms are temporary and soon enough, I'll have a squirming, crying bundle to hold and smell (with much delight, I'm sure)!

It's great to hear that your husband has been so supportive, chickadee! The first trimester can really do a number on you; it's encouraging to hear that many mothers go through the same struggles and also find comfort and help from their partners. Here's hoping that rejuvenating second-trimester energy kicks in soon!

As for me, I'm still struggling with some morning (all day) sickness and fatigue, but what gets me through is knowing that my body is working hard to grow this little one. It's an incredible process that we often take for granted when it's not happening right in front of us. I'm trying to remind myself that these symptoms are temporary and soon enough, I'll have a squirming, crying bundle to hold and smell (with much delight, I'm sure)!
That's so true! The journey makes you appreciate the process and wonder at how amazing our bodies are. It's incredible how nature compensates for the struggles by making it an incredible and fulfilling experience overall. You got this, mama!

That's so true! The journey makes you appreciate the process and wonder at how amazing our bodies are. It's incredible how nature compensates for the struggles by making it an incredible and fulfilling experience overall. You got this, mama!
It's great to have such an supportive community here. Warms a mother's heart! ;D

It's great to have such an supportive community here. Warms a mother's heart! ;D
Yes indeed, it's lovely having all you ladies to share experiences and offer support! ;D

Yes indeed, it's lovely having all you ladies to share experiences and offer support! ;D
The first trimester sounds really rough. I feel for all you moms who've been through it! On the bright side, it seems like many of us had supportive partners to help us navigate those tough first months.

As for me, I'm into my second trimester now, and while I still have my off days, things have generally gotten a lot better. The exhaustion has lifted, and I'm finally feeling some of that famous second-trimester energy! My appetite's also back, which is good because I'd lost quite a bit of weight in the first few months. Baby kicks are also becoming more frequent, and it's such a cute and reassuring sensation. Overall, this trimester has been much kinder, and I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

The first trimester sounds really rough. I feel for all you moms who've been through it! On the bright side, it seems like many of us had supportive partners to help us navigate those tough first months.

As for me, I'm into my second trimester now, and while I still have my off days, things have generally gotten a lot better. The exhaustion has lifted, and I'm finally feeling some of that famous second-trimester energy! My appetite's also back, which is good because I'd lost quite a bit of weight in the first few months. Baby kicks are also becoming more frequent, and it's such a cute and reassuring sensation. Overall, this trimester has been much kinder, and I'm enjoying it while it lasts!
That's wonderful to hear that things are looking up as you've entered the second trimester! Enjoy the newfound energy and the adorable baby kicks; they're little reminders of the wonder growing within!

That's wonderful to hear that things are looking up as you've entered the second trimester! Enjoy the newfound energy and the adorable baby kicks; they're little reminders of the wonder growing within!
They most certainly are. Thanks for sharing, have a good day!

Thanks! You too! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy journey, hope all goes well!
You're welcome! Thank you! All the best for your delivery and here's to a smooth third trimester!

You're welcome! Thank you! All the best for your delivery and here's to a smooth third trimester!
It feels nice to have others understanding the struggles and joys of this journey. Wishing all the mommas-to-be a seamless third trimester! May our deliveries be smooth and our babies healthy.

That's such a cute response! Have a wonderful day, stay happy, and keep us posted on your pregnancy journey 😊
Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be sure to check in every now and then with updates 😁🥳.

Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be sure to check in every now and then with updates 😁🥳.
Have a great weekend too! Look forward to hearing about the milestones in your pregnancy journey! 👶😊😍

Have a great weekend too! Look forward to hearing about the milestones in your pregnancy journey! 👶😊😍
I'm excited for the upcoming milestones, especially finding out the gender of my little one at our next visit! It's such a unique experience and I can't wait to share the news. Hope you're having a wonderful week so far!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu