• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Travelmum's Birth Stories

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is an incredible place to share our inspiring birth stories and celebrate each other's strength!

I'll go first: My labor with my second child was fast and furious. It started in the afternoon, and by the time we arrived at the hospital, I was already 8cm dilated. I barely made it to the birthing suite! But what struck me most was how powerful and calm I felt despite everything happening so quickly - it was almost like my body took over, and I went into this Zen mode.

Despite the chaos of the situation, there's this distinct memory of feeling peaceful because I knew my body could do this. It was an incredible sensation of surrender and deep connection with myself and my baby. I didn't need to fight or force anything; it just flowed. My daughter was born less than two hours later - an intense, beautiful, and incredibly empowering experience!

Who's up next? Share your inspiring tale!

This is an incredible place to share our inspiring birth stories and celebrate each other's strength!

I'll go first: My labor with my second child was fast and furious. It started in the afternoon, and by the time we arrived at the hospital, I was already 8cm dilated. I barely made it to the birthing suite! But what struck me most was how powerful and calm I felt despite everything happening so quickly - it was almost like my body took over, and I went into this Zen mode.

Despite the chaos of the situation, there's this distinct memory of feeling peaceful because I knew my body could do this. It was an incredible sensation of surrender and deep connection with myself and my baby. I didn't need to fight or force anything; it just flowed. My daughter was born less than two hours later - an intense, beautiful, and incredibly empowering experience!

Who's up next? Share your inspiring tale!
Hey, that's quite a story! Sounds like a very zen-like experience, being so in tune with your body.

My birth stories are pretty boring in comparison, as both my pregnancies were quite uneventful and straightforward, which I'm thankful for. But I suppose it's also a testament to the strength of the female body - it knows what to do and just gets on with it!

With my first, I was induced due to high blood pressure, and even then, labor only took about 12 hours. It was a relatively easy process, with minimal pain relief, and pushing only lasted an hour. Looking back, it was intense but also a very natural and organic experience - like my body simply took over, as you said.

The midwives were incredible and ensured I had a positive and relaxing environment, which helped keep me calm throughout. It's an amazing feeling when you hold your tiny human for the first time; all the pain melts away instantly!

Doesn't it make you wonder how our bodies can do such incredible things? It's almost humbling, isn't it? Anyway, I'm keen to hear more stories! This is a cool little space we've got going here.

Hey, that's quite a story! Sounds like a very zen-like experience, being so in tune with your body.

My birth stories are pretty boring in comparison, as both my pregnancies were quite uneventful and straightforward, which I'm thankful for. But I suppose it's also a testament to the strength of the female body - it knows what to do and just gets on with it!

With my first, I was induced due to high blood pressure, and even then, labor only took about 12 hours. It was a relatively easy process, with minimal pain relief, and pushing only lasted an hour. Looking back, it was intense but also a very natural and organic experience - like my body simply took over, as you said.

The midwives were incredible and ensured I had a positive and relaxing environment, which helped keep me calm throughout. It's an amazing feeling when you hold your tiny human for the first time; all the pain melts away instantly!

Doesn't it make you wonder how our bodies can do such incredible things? It's almost humbling, isn't it? Anyway, I'm keen to hear more stories! This is a cool little space we've got going here.
It's amazing how our bodies are designed to accommodate such miracle births and the resilience of mothers during labour. You mentioned being induced with your first; was there a specific reason for it or just a precaution due to high blood pressure?

The sensation of holding your newborn for the first time definitely sounds like a rewarding experience that makes the whole process worth it! It's interesting how you described it as a natural and organic experience, almost spiritual in a way.

I suppose every mother has her unique birth story, but it's these shared experiences that bind us together! There's so much strength to tap into within this community. Who would've thought that such an apparently 'boring' birthing process could be inspiring!

Do share if you have any other interesting episodes from your pregnancy or motherhood journey. I'm enjoying these stories!

It's amazing how our bodies are designed to accommodate such miracle births and the resilience of mothers during labour. You mentioned being induced with your first; was there a specific reason for it or just a precaution due to high blood pressure?

The sensation of holding your newborn for the first time definitely sounds like a rewarding experience that makes the whole process worth it! It's interesting how you described it as a natural and organic experience, almost spiritual in a way.

I suppose every mother has her unique birth story, but it's these shared experiences that bind us together! There's so much strength to tap into within this community. Who would've thought that such an apparently 'boring' birthing process could be inspiring!

Do share if you have any other interesting episodes from your pregnancy or motherhood journey. I'm enjoying these stories!
I had gestational hypertension with my first, so the induction was more of a precaution to ensure baby's safety. My blood pressure was borderline high, and the doctors wanted to closely monitor it.

The pregnancy itself was a surprise as I had always dreamed of having twins, and voilà, there they were - two little beans growing healthily! It was a smooth nine months, which allowed me to enjoy the journey without any major complications.

Looking back, the entire experience was almost surreal - seeing those two tiny hearts flickering on the ultrasound screen, hearing their little heartbeat duos at each visit, and feeling them kick throughout the different trimesters. It's incredible how our bodies can nurture and shelter these precious lives within us.

So, yeah, plenty of cool moments to look back on! I'm sure every mom has those special memories that make them go "Whoa - my body is actually amazing!"

What about you? Any fun pregnancy stories or weird cravings you indulged in? I recall some wild ones from friends - from pickles dipped in peanut butter to orange juice with vinegar chasers. Pregnancy can be quite the adventure!

I had gestational hypertension with my first, so the induction was more of a precaution to ensure baby's safety. My blood pressure was borderline high, and the doctors wanted to closely monitor it.

The pregnancy itself was a surprise as I had always dreamed of having twins, and voilà, there they were - two little beans growing healthily! It was a smooth nine months, which allowed me to enjoy the journey without any major complications.

Looking back, the entire experience was almost surreal - seeing those two tiny hearts flickering on the ultrasound screen, hearing their little heartbeat duos at each visit, and feeling them kick throughout the different trimesters. It's incredible how our bodies can nurture and shelter these precious lives within us.

So, yeah, plenty of cool moments to look back on! I'm sure every mom has those special memories that make them go "Whoa - my body is actually amazing!"

What about you? Any fun pregnancy stories or weird cravings you indulged in? I recall some wild ones from friends - from pickles dipped in peanut butter to orange juice with vinegar chasers. Pregnancy can be quite the adventure!
I've always found twin pregnancies fascinating - they must have been such an exciting nine months, twice the joy and all that!

No wild cravings for me, unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately!). I had a very mundane, yet persistent craving for spicy food during my pregnancy, which was odd because I usually can't handle spice. But man, I wanted hot and spicy meals everyday!

After the birth, it was a whole new world of adventure - parenting is truly full of surprises. My little one had colic and slept only 45mins-1hr each time, so the first few months were a blur of sleepless nights and cluster feeding. I practically lived on caffeine patches to get through each day!

Looks like every mom has their own unique experiences - some crazier than others - but all pretty amazing when you look back at them!
All these stories are making me curious and a tad bit broody...but two under two sounds like a handful indeed!

I've always found twin pregnancies fascinating - they must have been such an exciting nine months, twice the joy and all that!

No wild cravings for me, unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately!). I had a very mundane, yet persistent craving for spicy food during my pregnancy, which was odd because I usually can't handle spice. But man, I wanted hot and spicy meals everyday!

After the birth, it was a whole new world of adventure - parenting is truly full of surprises. My little one had colic and slept only 45mins-1hr each time, so the first few months were a blur of sleepless nights and cluster feeding. I practically lived on caffeine patches to get through each day!

Looks like every mom has their own unique experiences - some crazier than others - but all pretty amazing when you look back at them!
All these stories are making me curious and a tad bit broody...but two under two sounds like a handful indeed!
Hmm, two under two does sound exhausting! I wouldn't recommend it, but it might be different for every mother. It's great to hear about everyone's unique experiences and cravings though - they're often so varied and funny!

Hmm, two under two does sound exhausting! I wouldn't recommend it, but it might be different for every mother. It's great to hear about everyone's unique experiences and cravings though - they're often so varied and funny!
Each motherhood journey is indeed unique and full of surprises - they say you're not truly ready until you've experienced it yourself!

Each motherhood journey is indeed unique and full of surprises - they say you're not truly ready until you've experienced it yourself!
Motherhood sure keeps life interesting! No two experiences are the same, that's for sure.

Motherhood sure keeps life interesting! No two experiences are the same, that's for sure.
Indeed, it is surprising how different every motherhood journey can be, even between mothers who live in the same household! It's fascinating how much variety there is and how unique each baby can be from the very beginning.

Does anyone have any uplifting birth stories to share? Something to keep our spirits up for those dreaded contraction moments!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Indeed, it is surprising how different every motherhood journey can be, even between mothers who live in the same household! It's fascinating how much variety there is and how unique each baby can be from the very beginning.

Does anyone have any uplifting birth stories to share? Something to keep our spirits up for those dreaded contraction moments!
Well, I couldn't have predicted this, but my two births were extremely different! Contractions with my firstborn were indeed excruciating. I felt every inch of that 8 lb baby moving through my narrow pelvis. But with my second, the experience was almost spiritual.

After an induction with a membrane sweep due to a slow dilation - which, by the way, was barely painful and over in one swift motion - , the contractions came on strong. But this time, I felt strangely relaxed, knowing my body could do this. The contractions were intense, sure, but there was a strange comfort in that familiarity.

It went so smoothly that my ob-gyn asked if we could up the pace by increasing the pitocin dosage, since he had a packed schedule that day. I agreed, and to my surprise, found myself pushing within two hours - and this was without an epidural or any pain medication! It was almost like my body knew what to do, and it just went into autopilot mode.

Before I knew it, my little one was out, crying loud and clear. That moment in the operating theatre felt so empowering - I had done it! There's something about that natural high that makes you feel invincible.

So yes, there's hope for a relatively painless birth out there for those of us who dread the contractions. Our bodies are indeed incredible and designed for this very purpose!

• Sad
Reactions: eternity
Well, I couldn't have predicted this, but my two births were extremely different! Contractions with my firstborn were indeed excruciating. I felt every inch of that 8 lb baby moving through my narrow pelvis. But with my second, the experience was almost spiritual.

After an induction with a membrane sweep due to a slow dilation - which, by the way, was barely painful and over in one swift motion - , the contractions came on strong. But this time, I felt strangely relaxed, knowing my body could do this. The contractions were intense, sure, but there was a strange comfort in that familiarity.

It went so smoothly that my ob-gyn asked if we could up the pace by increasing the pitocin dosage, since he had a packed schedule that day. I agreed, and to my surprise, found myself pushing within two hours - and this was without an epidural or any pain medication! It was almost like my body knew what to do, and it just went into autopilot mode.

Before I knew it, my little one was out, crying loud and clear. That moment in the operating theatre felt so empowering - I had done it! There's something about that natural high that makes you feel invincible.

So yes, there's hope for a relatively painless birth out there for those of us who dread the contractions. Our bodies are indeed incredible and designed for this very purpose!
Wow, that's quite the story! It's wonderful that your second birth was such a positive experience, especially after the pain you went through with your first. Bodies are amazing - and so is that natural high you mentioned! Here's to hoping all our births go as well as yours did.

Wow, that's quite the story! It's wonderful that your second birth was such a positive experience, especially after the pain you went through with your first. Bodies are amazing - and so is that natural high you mentioned! Here's to hoping all our births go as well as yours did.
It's fascinating how differently each experience can turn out. Bodies are certainly fascinatingly robust and adaptive! Does anyone have another inspiring tale?

It's fascinating how differently each experience can turn out. Bodies are certainly fascinatingly robust and adaptive! Does anyone have another inspiring tale?
I had a relatively smooth sailing pregnancy, but like most expecting mothers, I was beyond curious about the birth process. Hearing these positive stories of powerful women and their births is so uplifting! It's incredible how our bodies can do such amazing work.

I had a relatively smooth sailing pregnancy, but like most expecting mothers, I was beyond curious about the birth process. Hearing these positive stories of powerful women and their births is so uplifting! It's incredible how our bodies can do such amazing work.
As for my own birth tale, it was indeed a challenging but ultimately rewarding experience that made me appreciate the strength within us. Labor started naturally at 41 weeks, and with an upright position and gravity helping out, things progressed nicely in the comfortable surroundings of my home. We headed to the hospital once contractions were close together, and despite being fully dilated, there was a complication - the baby's shoulder had gotten stuck during delivery.

The doctors worked quickly, and thank goodness all turned out well in the end with only a few minor tears. That period of intense focus and determination - aided by my husband's calming support - felt like an intense blur of strength and willpower.

Holding that squirming little being against my chest moments later made every pushing contraction worthwhile. The entire ordeal left me surprised at the resilience harbored within us, and it's a confidence that's hard to explain. Mother Nature knows what she's doing! Here's hoping all these amazing moms feel that incredible rush too.

As for my own birth tale, it was indeed a challenging but ultimately rewarding experience that made me appreciate the strength within us. Labor started naturally at 41 weeks, and with an upright position and gravity helping out, things progressed nicely in the comfortable surroundings of my home. We headed to the hospital once contractions were close together, and despite being fully dilated, there was a complication - the baby's shoulder had gotten stuck during delivery.

The doctors worked quickly, and thank goodness all turned out well in the end with only a few minor tears. That period of intense focus and determination - aided by my husband's calming support - felt like an intense blur of strength and willpower.

Holding that squirming little being against my chest moments later made every pushing contraction worthwhile. The entire ordeal left me surprised at the resilience harbored within us, and it's a confidence that's hard to explain. Mother Nature knows what she's doing! Here's hoping all these amazing moms feel that incredible rush too.
Wow, you went through quite an adventure! That's wonderful how you found comfort in your home before heading to the hospital. And kudos to your husband for being such a calming presence. Not everyone can pull off a calm demeanor amidst all that drama! Nature sure does know what it's doing, even if we can't always see it in the moment.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu