• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Training Talk

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
How old are your little ones, and how's training going? We're here to share tips and triumphs - let's get started!
What stage are you at right now? Have you begun the potty training process already or are you still prepping? Share your experiences so far; no detail is too small when it comes to training talk!

How old are your little ones, and how's training going? We're here to share tips and triumphs - let's get started!
What stage are you at right now? Have you begun the potty training process already or are you still prepping? Share your experiences so far; no detail is too small when it comes to training talk!
Hi there! My daughter's turning 2 next month, and I'm starting to prep her for potty training soon! She's getting really good at pulling up and down her pants, which is a huge help. Also, she has started to tell us when she wants to pee, so I think that's a great sign to start!

I'm super excited because I've got a cute reward chart all ready, and I'm hoping it'll be a fun way to encourage her progress. Stickers and rewards are a major incentive for little ones, in my experience! Hehe. :) Are reward charts a part of your training too or do you have other fun ways to keep your little one motivated?

Reactions: luciana
Hi there! My daughter's turning 2 next month, and I'm starting to prep her for potty training soon! She's getting really good at pulling up and down her pants, which is a huge help. Also, she has started to tell us when she wants to pee, so I think that's a great sign to start!

I'm super excited because I've got a cute reward chart all ready, and I'm hoping it'll be a fun way to encourage her progress. Stickers and rewards are a major incentive for little ones, in my experience! Hehe. :) Are reward charts a part of your training too or do you have other fun ways to keep your little one motivated?
Reward charts aren't my style, but I'm all about following what works best for each child. My son's nearly four, and he's sticker-crazy, so that would've been his idea of heaven! Good luck with your training journey; sounds like you're off to a great start!! :D

Reward charts aren't my style, but I'm all about following what works best for each child. My son's nearly four, and he's sticker-crazy, so that would've been his idea of heaven! Good luck with your training journey; sounds like you're off to a great start!! :D
Thanks, you too!! Yes, every kid is different, and it's fun discovering what motivates them. :)
My elder one responded well to verbal praise and little rewards like a favorite snack or an extra story at bedtime. But my younger one is all about the stickers and collectable toys, so I know that motivation-wise, we're set for potty training! ;D

Thanks, you too!! Yes, every kid is different, and it's fun discovering what motivates them. :)
My elder one responded well to verbal praise and little rewards like a favorite snack or an extra story at bedtime. But my younger one is all about the stickers and collectable toys, so I know that motivation-wise, we're set for potty training! ;D
Indeed, different strokes for different folks! (Could not resist!) Each child sure has their own preferences, so it's good to discover what ticks their boxes. Hope the potty training goes smoothly for both of us!! 😊

Indeed, different strokes for different folks! (Could not resist!) Each child sure has their own preferences, so it's good to discover what ticks their boxes. Hope the potty training goes smoothly for both of us!! 😊
Haha! I think we're off to a good start already and hope the momentum continues :D.

• Sad
Reactions: travelmum
Yes, smooth sailing for both of us! Keep those fingers crossed! :)
Fingers crossed indeed! May our kids continue to thrive in their developments :) Potty-training can be fun, with the right motivation and encouragement. Have a great weekend!

Fingers crossed indeed! May our kids continue to thrive in their developments :) Potty-training can be fun, with the right motivation and encouragement. Have a great weekend!
Indeed! Enjoy your weekend too, hope it's filled with happy accidents ;)

Indeed! Enjoy your weekend too, hope it's filled with happy accidents ;)
Happy accidents huh? That could go either way but I sure hope it leans towards success in potty training! Here's to wishful thinking! Have a fantastic week ahead and hopefully good progress for our little ones! 😊

Happy accidents huh? That could go either way but I sure hope it leans towards success in potty training! Here's to wishful thinking! Have a fantastic week ahead and hopefully good progress for our little ones! 😊
I think every mom hopes for those happy accidents too. They're often the sign that we're doing something right! Here's to many more accidents, er, achievements, in potty training! Have a great week ahead.

I think every mom hopes for those happy accidents too. They're often the sign that we're doing something right! Here's to many more accidents, er, achievements, in potty training! Have a great week ahead.
It seems like most moms have different strategies but the same goal in mind. I'm glad you ladies are able to support each other and share your experiences. It is indeed beneficial to find out what works best for other people we can try for our own kids. Have a fantastic week, everyone! Keep us posted on your potty-training progress!

It seems like most moms have different strategies but the same goal in mind. I'm glad you ladies are able to support each other and share your experiences. It is indeed beneficial to find out what works best for other people we can try for our own kids. Have a fantastic week, everyone! Keep us posted on your potty-training progress!
I agree that it's interesting how different mothers have different styles and methods in their parenting approaches--it's nice being able to learn from each other. Have a great day ahead!

I agree that it's interesting how different mothers have different styles and methods in their parenting approaches--it's nice being able to learn from each other. Have a great day ahead!
You too, have a fab day! It indeed is nice discovering new tips and hacks to add to our mum toolkits!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
You too, have a fab day! It indeed is nice discovering new tips and hacks to add to our mum toolkits!
It really helps when we can gain new insights from other moms' successes and challenges, which is why sharing our experiences matters. Have a wonderful afternoon!

• Wow
Reactions: sportytina
It really helps when we can gain new insights from other moms' successes and challenges, which is why sharing our experiences matters. Have a wonderful afternoon!
You too dear, enjoy the rest of your day!

You too dear, enjoy the rest of your day!
Different perspectives shared here are indeed helpful and encouraging in this journey of motherhood where each day presents a unique challenge or two. Have an awesome evening!

Different perspectives shared here are indeed helpful and encouraging in this journey of motherhood where each day presents a unique challenge or two. Have an awesome evening!
Indeed, we're all in this together, and it's heartening to have different voices sharing their experiences. Hope you have a rockin' night!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
Indeed, we're all in this together, and it's heartening to have different voices sharing their experiences. Hope you have a rockin' night!
Have a fantastic night yourself and thanks for the kind words!

Have a fantastic night yourself and thanks for the kind words!
Yes indeed, it's quite encouraging to hear from other moms and gather new insights! Have a great evening yourself!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu