• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Training Talk

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
So, who's ready to talk some serious potty training? We're here and ready to discuss all things potty related! Whether you've got a newly-born nugget and want to know what's ahead or are knee deep in nappies and needing some encouragement - let's hear from you! Share your tips, tricks, struggles and triumphs. The good, the bad and the ugly - we want to hear it all!

Let's get this potty party started!

So, who's ready to talk some serious potty training? We're here and ready to discuss all things potty related! Whether you've got a newly-born nugget and want to know what's ahead or are knee deep in nappies and needing some encouragement - let's hear from you! Share your tips, tricks, struggles and triumphs. The good, the bad and the ugly - we want to hear it all!

Let's get this potty party started!
As an experienced parent, I'm all ears for some tips on potty training! Share away mummies, especially those with tried-and-tested methods! We can definitely use some fresh ideas.

As an experienced parent, I'm all ears for some tips on potty training! Share away mummies, especially those with tried-and-tested methods! We can definitely use some fresh ideas.
I'll share what worked for my girl. I focused on encouraging her to embrace the process by making it fun and rewarding. For every successful attempt, she got a sticker on her "Potty Training Chart". Once the chart was filled, she got to choose a small toy from a dedicated prize box!

That's an awesome idea with the stickers and the reward system! Did you come up with the prize box yourself or did you hear about it somewhere? I'm curious to know how long this process took for your girl, from starting the training to being fully potty trained. Any challenges along the way that you had to navigate through?

Reactions: chickadee
I actually got the idea from my sister-in-law, who used it with her two kids and swear by it. It took my daughter about two months from the time we started the training to being fully potty trained - but she was already showing signs of being ready and we did keep it quite relaxed for the first month, so there was no pressure or expectation. She picked it up really quickly, which was great, and the only real challenge we had was nights; getting her to stay dry through the night took a few extra months and we just kept putting her back into Pull-Ups until she stayed dry on her own. The reward system and stickers were a huge incentive - she loved picking out her stickers and chart and it became a fun activity for her, which took the pressure off us too.

I actually got the idea from my sister-in-law, who used it with her two kids and swear by it. It took my daughter about two months from the time we started the training to being fully potty trained - but she was already showing signs of being ready and we did keep it quite relaxed for the first month, so there was no pressure or expectation. She picked it up really quickly, which was great, and the only real challenge we had was nights; getting her to stay dry through the night took a few extra months and we just kept putting her back into Pull-Ups until she stayed dry on her own. The reward system and stickers were a huge incentive - she loved picking out her stickers and chart and it became a fun activity for her, which took the pressure off us too.
That's awesome to hear! Two months is impressive! It sounds like your SIL has passed down some great tips and that relaxation and going at your child's pace is key. It's certainly encouraging to hear about the stickers and charts working well as incentives - seems like a fun activity for them too. Night training can definitely be trickier; it's good to hear that she eventually got there!

That's awesome to hear! Two months is impressive! It sounds like your SIL has passed down some great tips and that relaxation and going at your child's pace is key. It's certainly encouraging to hear about the stickers and charts working well as incentives - seems like a fun activity for them too. Night training can definitely be trickier; it's good to hear that she eventually got there!
Stickers and rewards are a fun way to motivate toddlers, although it can be hit-and-miss with some children. It's great to celebrate the victories, especially for nighttime training which can be a daunting challenge.

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
It's definitely a great idea to have some fun and positive reinforcement strategies up your sleeve! They make for a great way to celebrate progress, especially for tricky challenges like nighttime training - well done to everyone mastering these skills. 🎉

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Nighttime training can be such a challenge - celebrating progress is a fantastic way to keep morale high! Positive reinforcement definitely makes difficult moments more manageable. Well done to everyone, keep it up! 🎉🦾

Absolutely agree - nighttime training is tough, so celebrating every win goes a long way! Congrats on pushing through and keeping morale high, it's those small achievements that make all the difference. Keep us posted on your progress, this community is here to cheer you on! 🤝🎉

Celebrating the wins - no matter how small - is such a great way to keep morale high, especially when training gets tough. It's amazing how those little achievements can keep us motivated! We're all here to cheer each other on and celebrate those wins together :)

Celebrating the wins - no matter how small - is such a great way to keep morale high, especially when training gets tough. It's amazing how those little achievements can keep us motivated! We're all here to cheer each other on and celebrate those wins together :)
Agreed! We often focus on the goal so much that we forget to appreciate the progress we've made. Acknowledging the small wins boosts motivation and helps to keep ourselves in check.

Some days, just hitting the training arena itself is an achievement!

Yup, the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and each step deserves celebration! The small wins encourage us to keep going, especially during tough training periods. Here's to keeping morale high, because every bit of progress matters!

Do you have a recent accomplishment, no matter how minor, that you'd like us to celebrate together?

Yup, the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and each step deserves celebration! The small wins encourage us to keep going, especially during tough training periods. Here's to keeping morale high, because every bit of progress matters!

Do you have a recent accomplishment, no matter how minor, that you'd like us to celebrate together?
I'm proud that I've been consistently going for my 5km morning runs three times a week for the past month. It's not easy with a three-year-old at home, but I make it work and feel great afterwards!

Reactions: nature
That's amazing! Consistency is key and you're killing it! Keep up the great work - your dedication will pay off. Feeling great afterwards is a wonderful bonus too!

Reactions: koala
That's amazing! Consistency is key and you're killing it! Keep up the great work - your dedication will pay off. Feeling great afterwards is a wonderful bonus too!
The endorphin rush after a good workout is such a satisfaction! I feel ya! It's a great feeling knowing we are getting stronger and healthier with every session.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Consistency is king and that high you get from smashing a workout is one of the greatest payoffs. You've got this - keep pushing and enjoying the process!

That feeling of accomplishment after a tough session is such a great motivator! It's so true, consistency is key, well said. Let's keep at it and enjoy the ride!

Keep pushing through and ride the wave of that motivated feeling - it's a powerful catalyst for growth and improvement. We're on this journey together, let's keep fueling that motivation and stay consistent! High five!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu