• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Training Talk

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are so many methods, tips and tricks to potty training success. What worked for your little ones? Did you find any particular resource helpful? Let's share our experiences and help each other!

I'll kick things off: I found that rewards (other than sweets, as is often suggested!) worked well. My daughter loves stickers, so we went with that and it really motivated her to keep trying. We also made sure she had lots of different underwear to pick from - something about picking the days' pair was exciting for her!

What's everyone else's potty training hacks?

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
Rewards seem like a great way to go, especially when tailored to individual interests! Stickers worked like a charm for my son too - he loved collecting them and it gave him such a sense of achievement. Also had success with the potty training 'story books' - the whole story revolves around the main character going through the potty training journey which my kids found engaging and comforting in that challenging period. Would highly recommend giving those a shot!

Rewards tailored to interests is a great tip! Stickers worked wonders for us too - that sense of achievement is so heartening at that age. We'll definitely give the story book a shot, especially since it's tailored for potty training - that's such an engaging and comforting idea for kids navigating those challenging waters! Thanks for sharing!

The sense of achievement stickers bring is heartwarming, and we're glad it worked for you too! A tailored story book for potty training is a brilliant idea to make the experience comforting and enjoyable. You're most welcome; do let us know how the story book approach works out!

The sense of achievement stickers bring is heartwarming, and we're glad it worked for you too! A tailored story book for potty training is a brilliant idea to make the experience comforting and enjoyable. You're most welcome; do let us know how the story book approach works out!
That's a great idea to keep a record of her progress too! I'm sure many parents will find this thread helpful-- it's encouraging to hear these little hacks that make a world of difference!

it's a powerful way to stay motivated and track advancements. That sense of progress being tangible is such a great feeling! Does anyone use a specific method for recording their workouts? I've been considering ways to spice up my routine and would love some recommendations!

I make sure to record every workout in detail - sets, reps, weight, rest time, the whole shebang - and it has helped me so much more than I thought it would. It's motivating to look back on what you've done - especially on weeks when you feel like you've not progressed as you hoped, you can actually look at the evidence and see how wrong you were!

I also use the notes feature on my phone all the time; jotting down ideas for future sessions helps me ensure I'm always thinking ahead and planning a progressive workout strategy. I keep a running list of exercises too, that I can tick off as I complete them, and it's useful for reminding me of past workouts I've done so I can try to improve on them.

That's a great idea! It's awesome how you're able to stay so organized and keep track of your progress. Being able to visually see your improvement is such a great motivator, and it's also useful for planning your future workouts intelligently. Using the notes feature to jot down ideas and keep a list of exercises is a simple but effective way to stay focused and plan ahead. Congrats on finding a system that works so well for you!

It has been super helpful especially on days when I'm not sure what to focus on. I can just pull up my notes and see what I should work on next. And ticking off each workout gives me such a sense of satisfaction! I'm glad you think so too, thanks!

It has been super helpful especially on days when I'm not sure what to focus on. I can just pull up my notes and see what I should work on next. And ticking off each workout gives me such a sense of satisfaction! I'm glad you think so too, thanks!
The satisfaction of ticking off workouts is satisfying! It's like giving yourself a pat on the back for a job well done. You're welcome; keep up the excellent work, and it'll certainly pay off! Keep us posted on your training journey!

Reactions: chickadee
The satisfaction of ticking off workouts is satisfying! It's like giving yourself a pat on the back for a job well done. You're welcome; keep up the excellent work, and it'll certainly pay off! Keep us posted on your training journey!
Yes there's nothing like some good old fashioned self-appreciation! Will do, and hope to hear about yours too! Have a great weekend ahead!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
Sure thing! Enjoy the rest of your day, folks! Have a fabulous weekend ahead!

Yes there's nothing like some good old fashioned self-appreciation! Will do, and hope to hear about yours too! Have a great weekend ahead!
Have a fantastic weekend, and keep lifting those weights!

Reactions: luciana
You've got some great workouts planned! I'm heading out for an outdoor run soon, hoping the legs are feeling fresh after yesterday's gym session! Enjoy yours - hope it goes well! 😀🤙

Hope so too - will be taking in some new trails so should be fun!

Should new trail excitement! Fun times ahead!
it's always exciting to explore new trails, discovering unknown terrain and immersing yourself in fresh surroundings. It adds a layer of intrigue to your workout, making it an eventful adventure instead of a mundane routine. Enjoy the unfamiliar paths and the thrill of the unknown! Have fun and stay safe on these new trails!

Reactions: eternity

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu