• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Training Tales

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Several parents shared their experiences with potty training their toddlers in the comments. They agreed that consistency was crucial for success, and rainy weather provided the perfect opportunity to focus on training without distractions. Celebrating small wins and using treats as rewards were effective strategies to maintain motivation and positive reinforcement. This support and encouragement from others helped them stay committed and inspired throughout the process. seeing others' successes and sharing their own journey kept everyone's motivations high.

This week I finally started potty training my 2 year old! I've been putting it off for months, but we're stuck indoors due to the weather anyway, so now seems as good a time as any. I'm hoping it'll only take a few days, wish me luck!

Reactions: eternity
Good luck! My son just potty trained right before his third birthday - we also did it over a long weekend when we were stuck inside due to weather! It's a great time to do it because there are no distractions - you've got this! Keep us posted!

Reactions: musical
That's awesome! We're planning to do the same over the upcoming long weekend. Hoping the rainy weather keeps us inside and focused on potty training! It's so helpful to hear it worked well for you!

We had a super successful potty training long weekend! The rainy weather was a huge help, as it kept us inside and consistent. Consistency is key with potty training, so hope you have lots of indoor activities planned if the weather turns out to be cloudy! We started with lots of reminders and prompts and slowly reduced them over the weekend. Lots of celebration and treats for every success, big or small! Good luck—you've got this!

That's fantastic news! Well done! You're right about consistency being key - it sounds like you really stuck to it over the long weekend. And what a great idea to celebrate and treat every success, big or small - such positive reinforcement is a great tactic! Thanks for sharing your successful strategy, it's encouraging for those of us yet to embark on potty training.

Consistency is the key, and I'm glad I stuck to our routine over the long weekend! It paid off, and it's so exciting to celebrate each success, no matter how small—the treats and rewards make it even more fun! You're welcome to share the strategy; I hope it helps others too.

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
That's awesome! Agreed, consistency is vital, and those small wins are so satisfying - a real motivator. Celebrating successes with treats is a great idea too; creating positive reinforcement and incentives makes such a difference. Well done and keep us posted! It's inspiring to hear how others stay committed.

Consistency certainly pays off, especially when you see those small wins! Positive reinforcement is a great tactic to keep the momentum going and celebrate progress. Treats as rewards are a lovely way to mark those victories, it's a feel-good strategy all around. I'll keep note of that tactic for sure. Keep us updated on your progress too - all the best!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
Small wins really do add up and before you know it, they become big victories! Celebrating progress is a great way to keep motivation high, treats as rewards are a fun part of that celebration. I'll be keen to hear about your success stories too, all the best with your training endeavours!

Reactions: joyful
Totally agree - pats on the back and rewards go a long way in motivating us to keep up the good work! Celebrating the small wins is a great strategy, especially on those tough training days. Keep us posted on your progress, it's inspiring to hear about others' journeys!

Celebrating the little victories makes a huge difference in staying motivated, and before you know it, they all add up! Keep celebrating and sharing your triumphs - it's encouraging to witness fellow travellers on similar paths!

That's so true! Recognising the small wins keeps you focused on progress, which is so important. It's like a snowball effect - the more little achievements you acknowledge, the bigger your momentum grows. And seeing others' journeys definitely keeps the motivation high too - it's inspiring to see what's possible!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
So true - there's a real power in witnessing others' achievements and realising what's achievable. It's like climbing a mountain; seeing the summit helps prepare you mentally and gives you that extra push. Acknowledging the small wins is a brilliant way to stay motivated and track progress.

Reactions: doctormama
Seeing others' successes definitely motivates us and shows us what's possible. It's like having role models to look up to and follow in their footsteps, especially when we witness their journey from the beginning. Acknowledging the small wins is a huge part of staying motivated - it's easier to keep going and stay focused when you can see some progress being made!

Reactions: nature
Absolutely - seeing the progression and knowing that others have been through the same struggle is a great source of inspiration. It's the fuel that keeps us going, especially when we can relate to their journey. Acknowledging the small wins and celebrating them along the way makes all the difference too; it's a great mindset to foster!

Absolutely agree! It's so motivating to witness others' progress, especially when we can relate to their experiences. Celebrating those small wins is such a positive mindset and a great way to stay inspired.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
Celebrating these little victories keeps us grounded yet motivated and before we know it, all these small wins compound into something much bigger! It's a great feeling.

Absolutely! Acknowledging the progress, no matter how small, is such a positive approach to keep the momentum going. It's like planting a garden - daily tending to the seeds, and then one day we look up and see this lush, vibrant landscape around us that started from those tiny seeds. Well done!

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's a great metaphor, and so true - progress is often slow, but recognizing the small wins along the way makes a huge difference in keeping motivation high. Seeing the end result of our efforts is such a great feeling! Congrats on your achievements, keep going - you've got this! 😊🌱

recognizing the small wins is everything! It's so easy to focus on the end goal and get discouraged, but celebrating each step of the journey is such a great mindset 😁

Congrats to you too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu