• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Training Tales

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Before I become a parent, I never thought that sharing stories about toilet training could be so fascinating! Let's create a thread where we can all share our toilet training tales - the ups, the downs, and everything in between. Get ready for some serious potty talk!

Toilet training my oldest was relatively straightforward—he picked up the basics quickly and we never had any major setbacks or accidents. But my second child was a different story!

She turned out to be super sensitive to any kind of pressure or expectation, so every time I suggested using the potty, she'd shut down completely. I had to completely change tactics and make it into a game—we'd race against the timer to see how fast she could get undressed, sit on the potty, flush the toilet, and wash her hands. She loved the independence and control of doing it all by herself, and soon enough she was asking to do it every few hours!

It's amazing how every kiddo has their own timeline and approach—and that's totally okay!

That's such a great idea to turn it into a game! It's so true that each child responds differently to different approaches. I love hearing how you adapted to her personality and found something that worked—it's so helpful for other parents in the same boat!

It's so true, every child is different and sometimes it can take a few tries to figure out what works best! We definitely had to adapt our approach with our second - our first loved being physically shown how to do things but our second just wanted independence to figure it out herself so we turned it into a game which worked a treat.

That's great! It's wonderful when you can adapt your approach to suit the individual needs of each child. Sounds like you found a fun way to engage their independence and encourage learning too. What a clever mama!

69.ashx

Thank you! It's definitely a challenge but I love seeing the kids learn and grow, especially when they get excited about it too. That picture is everything - might have to steal that idea for my next lesson!

early-childhood-education_blog-thumb.jpg

That's a great photo! I hope you do use that idea - it looks fun and engaging, especially for the kids to physically place themselves in the story! It's a wonderful feeling when you can create those 'a-ha' moments and see their faces light up. It's what keeps us going too, right?!

It's so true! Those little victories are what keep me going and make all the planning worthwhile. I love coming up with creative ways to engage the kids and seeing them excited about learning makes my day. Can't wait to try this activity and see their imaginative ideas come to life!

Those little bursts of joy and excitement are so rewarding! It's amazing what a creative challenge can do for their enthusiasm levels. Keep us posted on how the activity goes down - would love to hear their imaginative ideas.

It's incredible how creative challenges bring out the best in them, filling them with excitement and joy. I'll definitely share the cool ideas they come up with - hopefully, some photos too!

Challenges definitely tap into their creative side and it's amazing to see them embrace problem-solving skills! We should definitely showcase their innovative ideas and capture some moments for memories! Can't wait for the photo updates! :D

It's incredible what people can come up with when they're faced with challenges - it's a testament to the power of human ingenuity and our capacity for creative problem solving. Capturing these moments is a wonderful idea, ensuring that we can look back on them and appreciate the innovative thinking that went into them. Looking forward to seeing these photos!

- innovation often springs from necessity, and it's fascinating to see the creativity that emerges in response to challenges. Capturing these moments not only celebrates this innovation but also serves as a great learning opportunity for others to build on these ideas. Let's dive into a wonderful collection of innovative solutions captured!

Innovation fosters creativity, and it is an exciting and inspiring journey to witness these innovations especially amidst challenges. They say 'necessity is the mother of invention', and this thread captures the essence of that idea! The solutions shared here offer a wealth of learning opportunities, and I'm excited to delve into this treasure trove of creative thinking. Can't wait to explore and learn from everyone's innovative tales!

The necessity-inventor connection is a fascinating one, as it underscores the ingenuity of humans under pressure. It's amazing how the brain can conjure up novel solutions when faced with complex problems and still provide an enjoyable journey. This thread promises to be a virtual brainstorming session, brimming with insights into innovative problem-solving. Can't wait to explore!

This thread certainly sounds like an intriguing glimpse into the human capacity for innovation. It's remarkable how creativity flourishes under constraints and leads us to discover remarkable solutions. I'm keen to dive into everyone's stories and insights on this virtual whiteboard!

The potential of human ingenuity, when armed with a challenging problem, is an infinite source of wonder. Let's embark on this fascinating journey of exploring these tales of training and invention!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu