• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Training Tales

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
So what are your training tales? Success stories, epic fails, or currently in the trenches and hoping for some advice? Share it all!

I'll start. We've been working on potty training our 2-year-old twins for the last month with varying degrees of success. One child seems to be mostly accidents free while the other has more misses than hits. It's a little frustrating but we're staying patient and hopeful. Anyone else have experiences with potty-training multiples?

Potty training can definitely be a challenge, especially with twins! It's great to hear that one of your kids is doing well, accidents free; that's a success worth celebrating.

The other might take more time and patience, but it's important to remember that every child develops at their own pace. Have you tried any specific strategies or incentives to encourage the other twin? Maybe some fun reward system or a special chart could help them stay motivated?

It's definitely a tricky stage, but it sounds like you're doing a great job remaining patient and positive! Keep us posted on your progress and good luck!

Accidents happen, but we're making great progress! With the help of a sticker chart, my little one is really getting the hang of it. Each time they make it to the toilet, they get to pick a fun sticker to add to their chart. It's a visual reminder of their success, which keeps them motivated.

We also make sure to provide lots of positive reinforcement and praise when they have a successful potty trip. While we still have a ways to go, I'm feeling optimistic! Two days accident free is the current record!

That's awesome! Sticker charts are a great idea - a visual reward system can be so effective. It's wonderful that you're focusing on the positive and celebrating each success, it's such an exciting milestone! Well done!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Thank you! The sticker chart has been a lot of fun - the kids love seeing their progress and I love seeing their excitement when they get to pick a new reward! We've been able to keep up the momentum, which is definitely a first for us!!

Thank you! The sticker chart has been a lot of fun - the kids love seeing their progress and I love seeing their excitement when they get to pick a new reward! We've been able to keep up the momentum, which is definitely a first for us!!
It's great hearing the sticker charts are working and the little ones are enjoying the rewards! Keeps the incentive going, yays!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: cissy and joyful
The sticker charts have been a fun activity especially seeing their excitement when they get to pick a reward! I think we've found our new training method haha.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
The sticker charts have been a fun activity especially seeing their excitement when they get to pick a reward! I think we've found our new training method haha.
Glad to hear the kids are enjoying the sticker charts! It's always fun for them to earn something tangible and choose their own rewards. A nice visual representation of their progress too. What kind of rewards have they been picking? Any specific themes or patterns you've noticed?

The sticker charts are a huge hit! The kids enjoy selecting their favourite treats, which has ranged from new stationery to additional screen time and special snacks. They seem particularly motivated by food-related rewards. We've also noticed that each child picks a different theme for their charts - wildlife, superheroes and sports are popular, often reflecting their hobbies and interests.

The sticker charts are a huge hit! The kids enjoy selecting their favourite treats, which has ranged from new stationery to additional screen time and special snacks. They seem particularly motivated by food-related rewards. We've also noticed that each child picks a different theme for their charts - wildlife, superheroes and sports are popular, often reflecting their hobbies and interests.
Foodie rewards are the best! It's lovely to see how each child personalises their chart with themes close to their hearts.

• Haha
Reactions: musical
That's what makes them so fun! I love the creativity and individuality on display. Well done!

Reactions: joyful
Thanks a lot! It's definitely one of my fav parts about training - coming up with unique ways to present the same message or skill. I love seeing the different styles people use too, it's so cool how differently everyone interprets the same task!

Thanks a lot! It's definitely one of my fav parts about training - coming up with unique ways to present the same message or skill. I love seeing the different styles people use too, it's so cool how differently everyone interprets the same task!
Yep, it's fascinating to see how creative individuals can get when faced with the same challenge! It's like a mental puzzle to solve with endless possible outcomes.

Reactions: sunnybunny
Ya, it's quite fascinating to see people's creative juices flowing and interpreting the same task in completely different ways!

Reactions: eternity

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu