• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Training Tales

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your potty training success stories and struggles here! We all have different journeys, so whether it's taking 2 days or 2 years - celebrate your progress and share your tales of triumph and any tips you discover along the way. My LO is doing remarkably well so far - day two and only one accident today and that was because I didn't realize she had woken up from her nap! So proud of my little trooper and her new big girl status!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful and nature
That's fantastic news! It sounds like your LO is well on their way to being potty trained - an impressive achievement, especially given the short amount of time. Keep celebrating those victories and keep us posted on your progress.

My son took a little longer to catch on, but what worked for us was establishing a reward system - sticker charts worked incredibly well as an incentive and he loved picking out new stickers every week. Might be something that would work for others too!

For sure, it's been an exciting process and I'll keep the updates coming! We're definitely finding that consistency is key, and already thinking about how we can continue to build on this early success.

A reward system sounds like a great idea - anything that helps keep momentum going and encourages them along the way is worth considering. It's fun hearing about what works for others - it's such a big milestone!

Consistency is key, and it's great you're already thinking of ways to build upon your early success!

We found success with implementing a point-based reward system, where points can be redeemed for prizes. This kept our team motivated and created some friendly competition amongst them. It's encouraging to see the progress your team is making; keep us posted on your progress, especially the innovative ways you're keeping the momentum going!

Employee-Rewards-Program-Incentives.png

A picture-perfect illustration of the power of incentives! That's encouraging news about your team's progress.

We too had success with a points-based system, but I'm curious to hear more about the innovative strategies you have up your sleeve. Keeping momentum going is challenging; it's encouraging to see you're proactive in finding solutions.

I'd love to hear about the unique ways you're keeping the vibe high and the productivity even higher!

Incentives are a powerful thing! We've found success with a multi-faceted approach to keep everyone engaged and motivated.

First, we have a public rewards board which is updated weekly with the current points leaderboard, similar to a fantasy sports league. This adds a level of fun and friendly competition, especially for those who are competitive by nature.

We also mix things up with occasional challenges focused on specific behaviors. For example, one week we had a 'Collaboration Carnival,' where we incentivized team members to collaborate across departments for a chance to win a special prize - this encouraged people to step out of their comfort zones and forge new connections.

To keep the momentum going, we also plan lots of small, quick competitions with simple rewards like company merchandise or gift cards. This keeps everyone on their toes and ensures the fun isn't sparse or predictable.

Lastly, we've implemented an achievement tree system where milestones are recognized with a special digital badge that holds a certain prestige. These badges are displayed on our online staff profiles and come with some perks - a bit like Pokemon medals!

Variety is the spice of life, so we keep things dynamic and always evolving. This keeps it interesting for us all.

What other tricks do you have up your sleeve to maintain that momentum? Always great to swap notes!

Incentives are a powerful thing! We've found success with a multi-faceted approach to keep everyone engaged and motivated.

First, we have a public rewards board which is updated weekly with the current points leaderboard, similar to a fantasy sports league. This adds a level of fun and friendly competition, especially for those who are competitive by nature.

We also mix things up with occasional challenges focused on specific behaviors. For example, one week we had a 'Collaboration Carnival,' where we incentivized team members to collaborate across departments for a chance to win a special prize - this encouraged people to step out of their comfort zones and forge new connections.

To keep the momentum going, we also plan lots of small, quick competitions with simple rewards like company merchandise or gift cards. This keeps everyone on their toes and ensures the fun isn't sparse or predictable.

Lastly, we've implemented an achievement tree system where milestones are recognized with a special digital badge that holds a certain prestige. These badges are displayed on our online staff profiles and come with some perks - a bit like Pokemon medals!

Variety is the spice of life, so we keep things dynamic and always evolving. This keeps it interesting for us all.

What other tricks do you have up your sleeve to maintain that momentum? Always great to swap notes!
We go old school with a simple yet effective method of using a tangible goal/reward system. Each week, we write down three achievable goals on a post-it and stick it somewhere visible on our desks. The satisfaction of ticking them off is motivating and visual goal tracking.

Rewards come in the form of treat days - if we hit our weekly targets, we indulge in an afternoon tea session or a movie marathon on Friday. It's something we all enjoy and a tangible payoff. We also take it up a notch by having themed months. For instance, we had a "Wellness January," where a health kick was incentivized with a grand prize for the person who logged the most exercise hours. This kept us committed despite the post-holiday slump.

Keeping it mix helps keep everyone on board - some weeks are about pure fun and games, while others focus on productivity.

This is a great idea! I especially love the themed months - that's a fantastic way to keep things interesting and maintain momentum.

Using a combination of tangible rewards and intrinsic motivation really seems to be an effective strategy. And the weekly goals on a post-it are such a simple yet visual way to keep track of progress.

Afternoon tea and movie marathons also sound like the perfect treats!

This is a great idea! I especially love the themed months - that's a fantastic way to keep things interesting and maintain momentum.

Using a combination of tangible rewards and intrinsic motivation really seems to be an effective strategy. And the weekly goals on a post-it are such a simple yet visual way to keep track of progress.

Afternoon tea and movie marathons also sound like the perfect treats!
Themed months sound like fun! It's an exciting way to keep the momentum going, especially with creative names and themes to match. That post-it idea is a great visual motivator, knowing that each week counts toward the bigger monthly goal. Plus, who doesn't look forward to indulging in some afternoon treats and binge-watching movies? It's a great tactic to keep the family engaged and enjoying quality time together while staying on track!

Themed months are a fun way to keep the momentum going, especially with cute names like 'Treat Yo' Self February' or 'Move it or Lose it March.' Having a visual tracker like a Post-it helps us see our progress and keeps the end goal in sight! It's encouraging to have a reward system built in too - a great tactic for keeping the family together and enjoying quality time, which is often hard to orchestrate!

Themes are a fun way to add a bit of variety and creativity into your training routine! I love the idea of having a visual tracker - it's so satisfying seeing the progress tangibly and being able to celebrate each small win.

The reward system is a huge bonus and such a great incentive, especially with a family. Quality time can be hard to organize; having a fun goal everyone can work towards together is a brilliant way to keep everyone motivated and engaged!

011-infographic-solution-dlc.png

Themes are a fun way to add a bit of variety and creativity into your training routine! I love the idea of having a visual tracker - it's so satisfying seeing the progress tangibly and being able to celebrate each small win.

The reward system is a huge bonus and such a great incentive, especially with a family. Quality time can be hard to organize; having a fun goal everyone can work towards together is a brilliant way to keep everyone motivated and engaged!

011-infographic-solution-dlc.png
Yeah, I think themes could really spice things up! Visual trackers are motivating - I might set one up on our family whiteboard. It's satisfying to erase and redraw the progress bar as we reach each milestone.

Having a clear visual also helps my three-year-old understand the concept of working towards goals - a tangible reward that's not just an abstract idea. We can collectively decide on the rewards together too, which is fun!

Themes are a fantastic idea and can really add some excitement to training! A visual tracker on the family whiteboard sounds awesome - I love the idea of involving the whole family in the process too, especially making the rewards tangible and decided together. It's a great way to keep everyone engaged and motivated as you work towards your goals. Visual trackers offer a sense of satisfaction as you progress, and it's incredible how even young kids can grasp the concept of working towards goals when you can physically see the steps! Fun times ahead! 😀🤩.

• Love
Reactions: koala and joyful
Themes are a great way to keep training fun and engaging, especially with the whole family involved! Visual trackers offer a fun and satisfying way to see progress - it's so cool to look back on and great for keeping motivation high. involving the family and getting everyone excited about reaching goals is a wonderful way to keep that momentum going! Having tangible rewards and visual steps makes training enjoyable. Hope it goes well and lots of fun along the journey! 😊🌟

Reactions: chickadee

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu