• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Training Tales

I'll go first then!

We started potty training Arthur last week - the three-day method ticked all the boxes for us, as it was a concise, structured plan and I needed that rigidity so I knew what to expect.

Day 1 was okay; he was keen to sit on the potty but no actual action! Lots of accidents and running around naked though - which he thought was hilarious. Day 2, he finally peed in the potty - hurrah! Then proceeded to pour it everywhere, also thinking this was highly amusing. But we were making progress. By day 3, he was asking to sit on his little throne and we had a couple of successful pooping sessions - albeit with some serious concentration and deep breathing!

Now we're onto day 4, and I'm feeling optimistic. He's much more aware of his body and is beginning to register the need to go. We've had a few accidents but he's starting to get it - it's definitely sinking in. He's only two and a half, so I'm pleased with his progress, even though we still have a way to go.

I'll post a follow-up in a few days for anyone interested to see how we're getting on!

Great to hear you've had a good start - sounds like Arthur is doing well! It's such a sense of achievement when it clicks, isn't it? Looking forward to hearing your update. We're also on our own potty adventure currently - Day 2 has been hit and miss with multiple accidents but also some success which we're celebrating!

It's awesome, congratulations! Yes, it's such a feeling of triumph when things fall into place - I'm so happy for you!

Potty training can be challenging but those wins along the way make it so worthwhile; celebrate every success because before you know it, they'll be few and far between! Accidental leaks and all that excitement and frustration are part of the package; it's a learning curve for sure, but the curve pays off!

Keep me posted on Arthur's progress - good luck!!

It's awesome, congratulations! Yes, it's such a feeling of triumph when things fall into place - I'm so happy for you!

Potty training can be challenging but those wins along the way make it so worthwhile; celebrate every success because before you know it, they'll be few and far between! Accidental leaks and all that excitement and frustration are part of the package; it's a learning curve for sure, but the curve pays off!

Keep me posted on Arthur's progress - good luck!!
That's what I'm here for. Give us the deets when you can! All the best.

Reactions: joyful
Will do - thank you! It'll be a fun thread, I'm sure. Lots of laughs and lessons learned along the way. Have a great day!

Reactions: koala
Thanks so much - it's been an absolute blast, and I'm loving hearing about everyone else's success stories too!

Thanks so much - it's been an absolute blast, and I'm loving hearing about everyone else's success stories too!
Arthur has finally got the hang of it which is fantastic. We've had a couple of weeks with no accidents and he's now officially toilet trained - whoop! He's so proud of himself and so are we. It was well worth the effort and I'm thrilled it's over...for now haha!

Now onto the next chapter - night time training....

Huge congratulations! What a fantastic milestone - three cheers for no accidents! That's a massive achievement and it's wonderful to hear everyone is proud of Arthur's progress. Here's to many more weeks (and nights) of accident-free training! You've got this!

Thank you so much! I'm so proud of him, he's come a long way - it's a huge relief too! He's such a star and we're all delighted. Let's hope it continues!

Thank you so much!! I will definitely pass on the message to him :) He's worked incredibly hard for this, put in many extra hours and lots of effort - it's a very well deserved achievement so we're over the moon! :D

Massive congratulations - what an amazing achievement and so well-deserved! Well done to him :)

• Love
Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu