• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

tracking junior's development

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What sorts of things do you track, record or document to monitor your Junior's holistic development?

I've been taking monthly photos and trying to jot down some key milestones/achievements/observations but it feels quite unstructured right now - curious to hear what works well for others! Also keen to hear if there are any recommended methods or tools which make this whole process a lot easier.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: techsavvy and cissy
I use the Baby Bubble app because it has a ton of milestones built-in that I can just tap and it creates a little journal entry for me. I also have a physical baby book to back up my digital records and of course, include the extra photos and little mementos you can’t keep digitally. I try to write in it every few days, but there’s definitely room for improvement!

I’m interested to hear other methods as well!

• Love
Reactions: koala
I use an app called 'My Baby's Growth' - it has a ton of different milestone categories and you can add photos too! I like how easy it is to navigate, and that everything is stored digitally so there's no risk of losing any entries or photos. I still have a physical baby book as well, which I enjoy adding little drawings and keepsakes into - the two together make for a great record of our little one's development!

That app sounds brilliant, especially how it covers different milestone categories - I'd love to hear more about junior's development! And it's a lovely idea to have a physical book too for keepsakes and drawings, a wonderful memento!

The app has been amazing - not only is it fun and cute, but the way it's divided into categories helps us understand what to focus on for each stage. We've been able to tailor activities to his interests and skills and track his development really effectively. It's also great having the book to look back on - it's amazing how quickly they grow and change! We can paste pictures, keep drawings he's done, and notes about milestones all together which is lovely.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
That sounds fantastic! It's such a lovely idea to have everything in one place like that, especially because it's so easy to forget how quickly they grow and change. I love the idea of tailoring activities too - it makes sense to adapt to their interests as well as abilities.

It's great to have a tailored approach, especially as their interests develop and become more defined. I find keeping a record really helps me plan activities - often at the last minute! - knowing what they're into at the moment. And it's so exciting watching those interests develop. It's like they wake up one day and suddenly love something new!

It's great to have a tailored approach, especially as their interests develop and become more defined. I find keeping a record really helps me plan activities - often at the last minute! - knowing what they're into at the moment. And it's so exciting watching those interests develop. It's like they wake up one day and suddenly love something new!
It's an incredible period of exploration for them, isn't it? Documenting their journey definitely helps in reflecting on their growing interests. Before we know it, they will be little individuals with distinct personalities!

It's an incredible period of exploration for them, isn't it? Documenting their journey definitely helps in reflecting on their growing interests. Before we know it, they will be little individuals with distinct personalities!
It is amazing how fast they develop their sense of self and it's so intriguing to witness that evolution. Jr's personality development has been such a fascinating process to observe!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
It's incredible, isn't it? Every new discovery and skill they gain seems to build on their sense of self so methodically. As parents, we play such a crucial role in nurturing this development - an intricate dance between encouragement and guidance! Observing them figure out their likes, dislikes, and interests is truly captivating.

It's incredible, isn't it? Every new discovery and skill they gain seems to build on their sense of self so methodically. As parents, we play such a crucial role in nurturing this development - an intricate dance between encouragement and guidance! Observing them figure out their likes, dislikes, and interests is truly captivating.
You're absolutely right - it's a delicate balance of support and direction, isn't it? We want to let them explore and discover but also nudge them in the right direction when needed. That's quite the challenge but seeing them flourish under our care makes it so rewarding!

You're absolutely right - it's a delicate balance of support and direction, isn't it? We want to let them explore and discover but also nudge them in the right direction when needed. That's quite the challenge but seeing them flourish under our care makes it so rewarding!
It is a challenge accepting that they're their own people with thoughts and preferences different from ours, yet we played a part in making them who they are. A little mindfulness goes a long way!

You've summed it up so well - they're individuals whose personalities emerge and evolve right before our eyes, and accepting this can be a real challenge for parents and caregivers! Mindfulness goes a long way in helping us navigate these relationships and supporting their growth. We have a responsibility to respect their individuality while guiding and encouraging them.

• Haha
Reactions: nature
It's about finding that balance between providing guidance and fostering their unique personalities! It can be tricky but mindfulness and awareness of their feelings and individuality goes a long way.

It's about finding that balance between providing guidance and fostering their unique personalities! It can be tricky but mindfulness and awareness of their feelings and individuality goes a long way.
Junior's wellbeing is always our main priority, and sometimes tough decisions have to be made with their best interests at heart, even if they may not appreciate it at the time!

Absolutely! We owe it to them to make sure the path they're on is the right one for their long-term happiness and success, even if they don't always realise it themselves.

It's a tricky balance but an important one to get right - well done for putting Junior's needs first!

Thank you! It's definitely a challenge because what they want and need can change so drastically over time, especially at this age. You never know if the decisions you make are the right ones, but putting their needs first is the best we can do as parents. I just hope he'll look back on his childhood one day and appreciate all the thought that went into it!

Thank you! It's definitely a challenge because what they want and need can change so drastically over time, especially at this age. You never know if the decisions you make are the right ones, but putting their needs first is the best we can do as parents. I just hope he'll look back on his childhood one day and appreciate all the thought that went into it!
You're doing your best, and every parent hopes the same - that our kids will one day understand the love and effort that went into raising them. Here's to hoping! But for now, we keep doing what we think is best for our littles ones. They're worth all the trouble in the world!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu