• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys n Books

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Sunnydays started a discussion on popular gifts for kids, wondering about the hot toys from the previous Christmas and seeking recommendations for her niece's upcoming birthday. She received several suggestions, including books by Dr. Seuss, which were highly praised by many other users. Sunnydays agreed that Seuss's timeless classics were fantastic choices. The conversation also touched upon the popularity of Roblox and Minecraft-related toys. Nature suggested the Starry Night Sky Planetarium as another option. Sunnydays' initial query received a variety of responses, offering plenty of ideas for gifts with lasting appeal.

Does anyone remember what the hot toy was last Christmas? I'm curious as to how long the newness lasted for some of them because my niece's birthday is coming up and I'd like to get her something she'll love! Or even if you have any book recommendations for a six year old, that would be awesome too. Lay it on me!

As for books, the Dr Seuss collection is always a hit with six year olds!

Sunnydays certainly picked the right time to ask about kid's books - Seuss is always a winner!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
OP's timing is spot on Dr. Seuss is a popular choice, a good recommendation for the young ones.

Reactions: musical
TS sunnydays, Dr. Seuss books are a good choice! Lots of little ones love them - they're fun and easy to read.

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: lioness
sunnydays, the Suess books are a great pick, very educational and fun! OP has a knack for timing too it seems.

53604240640_1b3ff6426f_m.jpg

sunnydays, you're in luck! That website is an awesome resource. TS has a great selection of Suess books to choose from and the timing couldn't be better, considering the upcoming birthday!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
TS has excellent taste! Dr. Seuss books are such a great idea - a real classic.

TS has excellent taste! Dr. Seuss books are such a great idea - a real classic.
sunnydays has a great idea to get some books for her niece's birthday! How thoughtful! Dr. Seuss is definitely a good choice, providing fun and learning with the likes of The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
sunnydays has a great idea to get some books for her niece's birthday! How thoughtful! Dr. Seuss is definitely a good choice, providing fun and learning with the likes of The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham.
TS sure has a lot of love for her niece to want to get her the perfect gift! Dr. Seuss is a fun series that never seems to grow old.

giphy.gif

Reactions: happyfeet
TS sure has a lot of love for her niece to want to get her the perfect gift! Dr. Seuss is a fun series that never seems to grow old.
Sunnydays sure does! She's got her heart set on getting her niece the perfect pressie, and with Dr. Seuss, you can't really go wrong. The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham are fun, playful books that she'll enjoy having read to her, and they're great for learning to read too!

Sunnydays sure does! She's got her heart set on getting her niece the perfect pressie, and with Dr. Seuss, you can't really go wrong. The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham are fun, playful books that she'll enjoy having read to her, and they're great for learning to read too!
TS has some great ideas already! The Seuss books are excellent choices that will no doubt be well received and last for years to come. They're fun reads with lots of lively illustrations that any young reader would enjoy poring over.

Yes, I totally agree that the Seuss books are fantastic and will definitely put a smile on any young reader's face. They're timeless classics that I've loved since I was little, so hopefully, they'll be appreciated by my niece too!

Reactions: techsavvy
TS, if you're looking for some gift ideas, Dr. Seuss books are a great choice! They're fun and timeless, so they're sure to be enjoyed by your niece. Books like Green Eggs and Ham or The Cat in the Hat could be perfect for her.

TS, Dr Seuss is a good call! The books are fun and easy to engage with - great choice for that age group. I remember the Cat in the Hat especially being a big favourite among the kids I know. The rhymes are catchy and the silliness is enjoyable for young readers.

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Sunnydays, you're in luck! Dr. Seuss books are engaging and perfect for that age group. The Cat in the Hat especially lasts through generations of young readers for a reason!

Reactions: cissy
OP has books on the brain! Dr. Seuss is a great idea - the classics are timeless for good reason and The Cat in the Hat's fun rhythm and nonsense words are perfect for the 6 year old audience. Sunnydays might also want to consider some of the other suggestions made here for the budding astronomer - the Starry Night Sky Planetarium looks especially cool!

giphy.gif

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu