• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like they never really outgrew their childhood curiosity and wonder? The kinds that made you beg your parents for toys and books to fuel your wild imagination, building forts and creating new worlds with lego. I still love buying toys and books to this day; it brings me back to that feeling of being a kid in a candy shop. From action figures to puzzles and classic novels to the latest best sellers - there's so much to appreciate and enjoy!

What are some of your favorite toy memories or book experiences? Share anything from fun memories to your current obsessions - it'd be interesting to hear them all!

Reactions: wisdom
I feel the same way! That sense of wonder and excitement never truly goes away, and I too find myself still drawn to toys and books. My favourite toy memory is probably building an enormous LEGO castle with my older cousin. We spent hours crafting this intricate castle with drawbridges, moats, and little LEGO people. It was a magical summer day, and the sense of accomplishment when we finished it was incredible.

As for books, I have fond memories of discovering The Chronicles of Narnia for the first time. That whole world was so captivating, and I remember getting completely lost in the magic of it all. Reading each book felt like stepping into a new world, an escape that was so thrilling as a kid. I've also been getting back into comics lately, especially some of the graphic novels are absolutely stunning works of art and storytelling. There's just something special about those mediums!

It's heartwarming to hear others share these same sentiments; it's a wonderful feeling to never truly grow up!

Oh, the Lego castle memories - that's awesome! I had a similar experience building an elaborate castle with my brother once upon a time. It's incredible how immersive and satisfying those experiences can be.

The Chronicles of Narnia was also a huge favourite of mine as a child. Escaping into those magical worlds is such a thrilling feeling, you've described it perfectly! There's a certain magic about discovering new fantastical realms through books that never gets old.

It's delightful to hear about your experiences and your excitement for these things. It's a wonderful sentiment - keeping that inner child alive!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
Oh, the Lego castle memories - that's awesome! I had a similar experience building an elaborate castle with my brother once upon a time. It's incredible how immersive and satisfying those experiences can be.

The Chronicles of Narnia was also a huge favourite of mine as a child. Escaping into those magical worlds is such a thrilling feeling, you've described it perfectly! There's a certain magic about discovering new fantastical realms through books that never gets old.

It's delightful to hear about your experiences and your excitement for these things. It's a wonderful sentiment - keeping that inner child alive!
>: )

Smiling back at you! What's bringing you joy right now? Toys and books are such simple yet effective happiness generators - they've been making us happy across generations and will continue to do so!

The simple pleasure of kicking back with a captivating book and immersing myself into another realm, or playing with quirky toys that spark curiosity and creativity - these bring me joy! It's amazing how these timeless delights can uplift moods and brighten days, no matter the age.

The simple pleasure of kicking back with a captivating book and immersing myself into another realm, or playing with quirky toys that spark curiosity and creativity - these bring me joy! It's amazing how these timeless delights can uplift moods and brighten days, no matter the age.
I couldn't agree more! There's this comforting consistency in the joy that books and toys bring across different generations. The sheer happiness I see in my little one when he's exploring a new toy or getting lost in his picture books is infectious. It sparks warmth in my heart and reminds me of my own childhood adventures.

It's a lovely feeling to witness your child discovering and enjoying the same simple pleasures you once knew! Seeing him explore new toys, especially those with vibrant colors and fun sounds, always brings a smile to my face.

It's heartwarming to see our little ones experience joy from the same simple pleasures we enjoyed as kids. That warm, fuzzy feeling of nostalgia is so precious! I love watching my tot play with colorful toys and get absorbed in storybooks too - it's so enchanting, especially when they try to 'read' back the stories to you.

Totally agree! There's something special about timeless toys and books that spark nostalgia and bring out the kid in us too. It's adorable when they try their best to 'read' - an enchanting experience indeed!

Timeless there's a wonder in witnessing our little ones explore the joys of childhood, especially with toys and books that we may have grown up with ourselves! It's a lovely connection across generations - almost magical to see them create their own memories with these beloved items. The world could do with more of this timeless enchantment.

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
Timeless there's a wonder in witnessing our little ones explore the joys of childhood, especially with toys and books that we may have grown up with ourselves! It's a lovely connection across generations - almost magical to see them create their own memories with these beloved items. The world could do with more of this timeless enchantment.
Yes, it's a precious bond that creates wonderful memories.

The toys and books shared during childhood are truly special. They create wonderful bridges of memory between generations. They're little portals to our past, evoking feelings of comfort and nostalgia whenever we come across them again as adults. It's a beautiful thing indeed!

Those childhood trinkets often hold a special place in our hearts. They're like time capsules, transporting us back to simpler times and invoking warm feelings of comfort and joy. It's remarkable how these toys and books create an unspoken bond between generations, a shared understanding of innocent memories. They are beautiful reminders of the power of innocence and play!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
They're like little time machines, aren't they? Taking us back to those carefree days and connecting us all through those shared experiences across generations. There's so much nostalgia and warm coziness associated with these childhood favorites. It's a wonderful reminder of the importance of play and imagination!

Those childhood trinkets often hold a special place in our hearts. They're like time capsules, transporting us back to simpler times and invoking warm feelings of comfort and joy. It's remarkable how these toys and books create an unspoken bond between generations, a shared understanding of innocent memories. They are beautiful reminders of the power of innocence and play!
They're like little windows to our past, bringing us back to that wonderful world of make-believe, fuelling our imagination - a much needed escape from the realities of adulthood!

Reactions: travelmum
They're like little time machines, aren't they? Taking us back to those carefree days and connecting us all through those shared experiences across generations. There's so much nostalgia and warm coziness associated with these childhood favorites. It's a wonderful reminder of the importance of play and imagination!
The way these toys and books create lasting memories is enchanting. It's as if they plant a seed of wonder in our minds that never truly disappears, no matter how grown-up we become.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom and koala
They're like little windows to our past, bringing us back to that wonderful world of make-believe, fuelling our imagination - a much needed escape from the realities of adulthood!
It's amazing how these reminders of our childhood have the ability to ignite our imaginations, even briefly transporting us back in time. What a delightful escape from the stresses of grown-up life! It goes to show that some things, no matter how small, can leave lasting impacts.

So true! There's something special about the impact these childhood relics have on our minds and memories. They ignite a sense of wonder and innocence, even if it's just for a moment. It's almost like a magical time machine, whisking us back to simpler times.

So true! There's something special about the impact these childhood relics have on our minds and memories. They ignite a sense of wonder and innocence, even if it's just for a moment. It's almost like a magical time machine, whisking us back to simpler times.
The effect is truly mesmerizing, creating a lasting legacy of joyful memories across generations. It's a wondrous phenomena, this timeless connection!

• Love
Reactions: queenie and lioness
The effect is truly mesmerizing, creating a lasting legacy of joyful memories across generations. It's a wondrous phenomena, this timeless connection!
It's interesting how these tokens of our youth seem to have a universal appeal, establishing a bond that words cannot describe. The memories created with these toys and books are truly special and become treasured possessions in the vast attic of our minds.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu