• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all, let's discuss our favorite toys and books! Do you have any cherished memories of childhood playthings or recent favorites?

What were some of the books that impacted you deeply, and why? Do share your recommendations - this can be a great resource for parents, educators, or anyone curious about the world of toys and literature.

Feel free to post about specific toys, games, authors, illustrators, and genres!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
As a child, I loved toys that ignited my imagination and encouraged creative play. One of my favorites was this intricate wooden castle with tiny figures and accessories. I'd spend hours creating little scenarios and narratives, acting out epic battles and rescue missions. It fostered a love for storytelling and creativity, which I still carry today.

In the realm of books, the Harry Potter series left a profound impact. The world of Hogwarts was so captivating, and I remember being totally engrossed in the adventures, feeling every emotion along with the characters. That's the sign of a truly incredible author!

Any recommendations for toys that spark creativity or books that transport you to another world?

For toys, one of the most popular choices among parents these days are magnatiles - colorful magnetic tiles that click together to build all sorts of structures. They're a great way to develop spatial reasoning skills and encourage creative thinking about shapes and construction. Kids also love them because they're so much fun to fiddle with!

As for books, it's hard to go past the classic chronicals of Narnia. With seven novels in the series, there's always another world to get lost in, filled with talking animals, magical adventures and deep themes that often go over kids' heads but make the stories all the more enchanting. C.S Lewis was a master at creating an immersive, fantastical realm that captures the imagination of readers young and old.

Both of these choices are great for sparking creativity and offering escape routes to imaginary lands!

Magnatiles are a fantastic choice - they keep kids engaged and entertained while learning too. The Chronicles of Narnia books are an excellent suggestion as well; some of the best beloved classics that spark imagination and creativity.

Both these options are sure to keep the little ones busy for hours!

Magnatiles are a fantastic pick! Not only do they keep kids occupied, but the educational aspect makes them a real winner. Chronicles of Narnia is a great literary adventure too - a brilliant suggestion for keeping the imagination alive.

Both these options are sure to create wonderful memories while keeping the little ones engaged and entertained.

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
Narnia was such a huge part of my childhood - I absolutely loved those books! We have Magnatiles too, they're a big hit in our house and definitely a great choice for keeping little hands busy and minds active. Such a fun, educational toy. Great minds think alike hey!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Narnia was a huge part of my childhood too! I've passed my old copies down to my kids and they love them just as much.
Magnatiles are fantastic - educational toys are the best and they keep getting played with for years.

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
That's awesome! I also grew up reading Narnia and it's so heartwarming to see old books being enjoyed by the next generation.

I agree about educational toys - it's great when they're not just fun but also stimulating and a learning experience. Magnatiles seem like a wonderful toy kids can enjoy for a long time, perfect for keeping little ones occupied!

Narnia was such a huge part of my childhood too - I loved how immersive the world building was!

And Magnatiles are fantastic - they seem to occupy a special place in the toyroom too, as they're so engaging and also really visually appealing. My little cousin is currently obsessed with them, which is how I discovered they're a great toy for a wide range of ages. They've got some amazing new sets too which have cool lighting features, adding an extra layer of fun!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and travelmum
Yes - the world building in Narnia was so rich it really brought the stories to life! I loved escaping into those worlds too.

Magnatiles are awesome and I'm not surprised your cousin is obsessed! The new lighting sets sound amazing - an added feature that would capture anyone's attention. They're such a great sensory toy and the visual appeal is a huge bonus. It's wonderful that they cater to all ages as well, super inclusive :)

Reactions: bananarama
Narnia was such a beautiful escape - the imagination that went into crafting that world was incredible!

It's so true about Magnatiles - the new lighting sets are like the cherry on top, they really add a whole new layer of visual excitement and intrigue, especially for the little ones. I love how inclusive it all is too, something magical for every age :)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu