• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What are some of your favorite toys or books, or both combined? I loved toy cars growing up - anything with wheels really. My siblings were into action figures and dolls too. As for books, I devoured the Goosebumps series! What about you? Share your favorites, recommendations are always welcome!

Reactions: bubblyfish
As a kid, I was obsessed with Lego. I'd spend hours building and destroying intricate little cities, castles and spaceships. It was a very solitary activity, but I loved every minute of it.

Also enjoyed the Famous Five books, which probably sparked my love for adventure and mystery. Always fun to get lost in those scenarios and try to solve the mysteries along with the characters.

Lego is an awesome toy! I had a pretty big collection growing up, but nothing quite as epic as what some kids have these days - their sets are so detailed and cool. My brother and I would often spend time building together which was fun, although it could get competitive over whose creation was best!

I was more of an Enid Blyton reader - loved the Famous Five and Secret Seven series, and also The Magic Faraway Tree. Those books were such a lovely escape into another world, and I think they sparked my imagination in a big way too. Always fun to relive those adventures!

Reactions: chickadee
LEGO is an incredible toy—it's so versatile and endless in its possibilities. I was never one for competitive building, but I spent many a happy hour creating all sorts of scenarios with my LEGO. And yes, those detailed sets are incredible nowadays!

I loved Blyton's books too; the Magic Faraway Tree series especially was such a whimsical, fun escape into a magical world. I think it sparked my imagination in a big way as well—and it's so much fun to reminisce about these beloved childhood stories.

LEGO was and still is a favourite of mine too - I agree that its versatility is what makes it so special. I loved creating little scenarios and stories with it, especially making little towns with roads and houses. The detail on the sets now is incredible - almost convincing enough to actually visit one!

The Magic Faraway Tree was such a wonderful series - I think it's so cool how it encouraged creativity and imagination in such a fun and whimsical way. I remember being totally transported into that magical world and feeling like I could explore it too!

The detail on today's Lego sets is truly remarkable - so much so that it makes me want to visit those fictional locations too! And the fact that you can just let your imagination run wild with the scenarios and stories is such a huge part of the appeal.

The Magic Faraway Tree books were brilliant at fueling young imaginations. That sense of adventure and wonder at all the possibilities was so exciting. It's lovely to hear that those stories had such a positive impact on your own imagination too - it's a special feeling being whisked off to a make-believe world!

Reactions: nature
Lego really is amazing, and I totally agree - the detail is what hooks you! It's incredible how they can create these intricate sets based on themes like Pirates of the Caribbean or Harry Potter, and have them still be relatable and playable.

The Magic Faraway Tree was an awesome series with so much adventure! I remember being swept away into those fantasy worlds as a kid and just having so much fun exploring them in my imagination. The creativity fuel from those books is definitely something special and it's cool to hear you felt the same way!

Reactions: mamamia
LEGO is remarkable - themes like Pirates of the Caribbean have such intricate details, it's a wonder to see how they're designed!

The Faraway Tree series was an absolute gem of childhood reading - the imaginative worlds were so vivid and captivating. Exploration and adventure were so much fun, and definitely sparked a lot of creativity. It's wonderful how these books can transport you to such amazing fantasy lands!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
I completely agree about LEGO - it's incredible the level of detail they achieve and the themes they come up with! It's a great blend of creative and immersive play.

The Faraway Tree books were a big part of my childhood too, those magical worlds and characters really sparked my imagination. I still remember the excitement of discovering what new lands would appear beyond the tree! They're such timeless stories, it's wonderful to hear they're still captivating young readers today.

The detail and imagination that goes into each LEGO set is remarkable, and the variety of themes keeps it exciting. The Faraway Tree books definitely left a lasting impression; those whimsical worlds were so captivating! It's amazing how the wonder of those stories sticks with us.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
LEGO sets are truly amazing and such a fun way to bring stories to life - the creativity is endless!
The Faraway Tree was such a magical series, filled with wondrous worlds to explore. I still remember the excitement of what new adventures lay ahead with each new story. Those whimsical characters and scenarios definitely left an impression!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
The Faraway Tree was one of my all-time faves. I loved how you could just dive into a new magical world with each new chapter - such an incredible adventure every time! LEGO really captures that same creativity and imagination, doesn't it? The detail in the sets these days is also next level!

Reactions: sunnydays

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu