• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's your favourite toy from childhood?

What book(s) have you re-read as an adult, and loved just as much (or even more so!) than when you were little?

What about a toy or book made you go 'aww' or even shed a tear thinking about it being lost or outgrown?

Share your memories of these and any other toy or book related topics here!

I think many of us had a special soft toy that we cherished growing up. Mine was a pink rabbit, super fluffy and with the cutest face - looking back, it's an awfully sweet design. It was with me for years, and I was so sad when my mom finally threw it away because it became so raggedy!

I also loved The Moomins as a kid, and re-reading the books now brings me so much joy - they're quirkily illustrated and the stories are just whimsically charming. You're right; some books and their magic definitely stand the test of time 🙂

giphy.gif

I think many of us had a special soft toy that we cherished growing up. Mine was a pink rabbit, super fluffy and with the cutest face - looking back, it's an awfully sweet design. It was with me for years, and I was so sad when my mom finally threw it away because it became so raggedy!

I also loved The Moomins as a kid, and re-reading the books now brings me so much joy - they're quirkily illustrated and the stories are just whimsically charming. You're right; some books and their magic definitely stand the test of time 🙂
OP, your pink rabbit sounds so cute! It's understandable why you'd be sad to see it go. It's special how some of these toys become such beloved companions in our lives.

The Moomins! Oh my, what a fun trip down memory lane. TS has good taste; those books' charm and quirkiness are delightful. There's something special about the stories that resonate across ages.

giphy.gif

Stargazer's pink rabbit sounds like such a sweet companion! It's adorable how toys can become such integral parts of our lives and hold so much sentiment.

The Moomins books are such a delight too - it's wonderful how the stories' charm is universally enjoyed by readers young and old.

Reactions: koala
Stargazer's pink rabbit sounds like such a sweet companion! It's adorable how toys can become such integral parts of our lives and hold so much sentiment.

The Moomins books are such a delight too - it's wonderful how the stories' charm is universally enjoyed by readers young and old.
The Moomins' universal appeal is certainly something special, a testament to the books' enchanting storytelling and charm. They're cherished reads that stand the test of time!

The Moomins' universal appeal is certainly something special, a testament to the books' enchanting storytelling and charm. They're cherished reads that stand the test of time!
The Moomins were a big part of OP's childhood reading joy. The enchanting stories definitely left a lasting impression and are still cherished today.

OP loved the Moomins! Those stories sure left a lasting mark, as they're still adored today – such enchanting tales.

TS's love for the Moomins is so sweet! The enchanting tales have left a mark on many readers, spanning generations. It's lovely to see such timeless classics still being cherished today.

TS's love for the Moomins is so sweet! The enchanting tales have left a mark on many readers, spanning generations. It's lovely to see such timeless classics still being cherished today.
stargazer's love for the Moomins is heartwarming. The Moomins have brought joy to readers for generations and it's clear to see why they remain so beloved!

OP's love for the Moomins is adorable! It's wonderful how books can plant such fond memories in our hearts. We're lucky to have such delightful stories to transport us to imagined lands.

• Love
Reactions: chickadee and cissy
OP's love for the Moomins is adorable! It's wonderful how books can plant such fond memories in our hearts. We're lucky to have such delightful stories to transport us to imagined lands.
Yep, the Moomins have been a favorite of mine for a long time. I've got fond memories of the stories and the characters - they're such a delightful bunch. The world Tullipaman created is so vivid too, it's no wonder it's stood the test of time. It's amazing how some books can transport you to another place so easily!

Reactions: happyfeet
The Moomins sure bring a smile to many faces - it's heartwarming to see how the stories' magic transcends generations! That's the mark of a true classic.

Tullipaman created such a whimsical, enchanting world, with such quirky characters that feel so alive. It's no wonder we're still talking about them now!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
It's lovely how these books can evoke such warm feelings and bring people together here - it's a true testament to the power of those stories.

giphy.gif

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu