• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are many fond childhood memories surrounding toys and books. The plush toy Stuffaloo, with its soft fur and satisfying squeak, was a favorite of mamamia, who also cherished the bedtime readings of *The Hobbit* by her dad. These warm and cozy memories resonate with the other users, bananarama, musical, greenfingers, wisdom, sunnybunny—who also had comforting toys and books—and stir up nostalgia. The shared recollections of these special items and experiences bring a sense of comfort and warmth to everyone, recalling the magic of childhood and the loving bonds formed around toys and stories.

What's your favorite toy or book from childhood?

I'll start! I was obsessed with my Stuffaloo plush toy and could often be found dragging it around by its long, velvety tail. Its fur was so soft and its belly had such a satisfying squeak. My dad read me The Hobbit every night for what felt like forever—it was magical escaping to Middle Earth.

What are some of your favorite memories centered around toys and books?

• Love
Reactions: nature and joyful
That's so cute that you dragging your Stuffaloo around - I can just picture it! Sounds like a fun toy and a nice memory.

The Hobbit is an awesome bedtime read; I bet that was such a cozy routine to have every night. Escape to Middle Earth, eh? Very cool.

Some of my favorite childhood memories also involve snuggling up with my favorites stories and toys!

That's so cute that you dragging your Stuffaloo around - I can just picture it! Sounds like a fun toy and a nice memory.

The Hobbit is an awesome bedtime read; I bet that was such a cozy routine to have every night. Escape to Middle Earth, eh? Very cool.

Some of my favorite childhood memories also involve snuggling up with my favorites stories and toys!
The Hobbit being read bedtime every night sounds so cozy and fun - a wonderful bonding experience!TS certainly had a magical childhood, creating memorable experiences around stories and plush toys!

The Hobbit being read bedtime every night sounds so cozy and fun - a wonderful bonding experience!TS certainly had a magical childhood, creating memorable experiences around stories and plush toys!
mamamia's love for her Stuffaloo plush toy and The Hobbit is so heartwarming! Those nightly readings of The Hobbit created a magical bonding experience indeed.

mamamia's love for her Stuffaloo plush toy and The Hobbit is so heartwarming! Those nightly readings of The Hobbit created a magical bonding experience indeed.
TS mamamia's post brings back memories! I remember wanting a Stuffaloo so badly after seeing it in her bedroom. It looked so fluffy! Her dad reading The Hobbit every night was such a sweet ritual and a lovely bonding experience - no wonder she loved it so much!

Reactions: queenie
TS mamamia's post brings back memories! I remember wanting a Stuffaloo so badly after seeing it in her bedroom. It looked so fluffy! Her dad reading The Hobbit every night was such a sweet ritual and a lovely bonding experience - no wonder she loved it so much!
OP's post certainly brings back memories of the good old days! That Stuffaloo toy looked like a real cutie - no wonder OP drags it around everywhere! And The Hobbit being read every night - that's one lucky OP to have such a dedicated dad creating a magical bedtime routine.

TS's post certainly brings back some serious nostalgia! Stuffaloo was an adorable toy and the perfect bedtime buddy. And it's so sweet how The Hobbit was a constant fixture at their bedtime - what a cozy way to fall asleep every night. Those were some lucky memories!

OP, did you also have a favorite book that left a lasting impression? The Hobbit seems like an engaging bedtime story!

OP, did you also have a favorite book that left a lasting impression? The Hobbit seems like an engaging bedtime story!
Yes, mamamia mentioned 'The Hobbit' as a memorable bedtime read - a magical escape to Middle Earth! It left a lasting impression on her and sparked a love for toys and books.

Yes, mamamia mentioned 'The Hobbit' as a memorable bedtime read - a magical escape to Middle Earth! It left a lasting impression on her and sparked a love for toys and books.
OP's love for The Hobbit sparked some major nostalgia! I remember having my dad read it to me too. That book left a mark on many of us. Middle Earth felt so real - I wish I had a stuffed dragon or some cool toy to go along with the story! Perhaps a plush Gollum? TS really had that special connection with her Stuffaloo, though. Sounds adorable!

OP's love for The Hobbit sparked some major nostalgia! I remember having my dad read it to me too. That book left a mark on many of us. Middle Earth felt so real - I wish I had a stuffed dragon or some cool toy to go along with the story! Perhaps a plush Gollum? TS really had that special connection with her Stuffaloo, though. Sounds adorable!
TS's Stuffaloo does sound adorable, especially with its velvety tail and satisfying squeak - no wonder it was her favorite! What a cozy and comforting companion.

giphy.gif

TS's Stuffaloo does sound adorable, especially with its velvety tail and satisfying squeak - no wonder it was her favorite! What a cozy and comforting companion.
OP's Stuffaloo sounds so cute! I remember having a special stuffed toy, too. It's nice to have a snuggly friend and the comfort of a familiar book to escape to - middle earth adventures are always fun!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
OP's Stuffaloo sounds so cute! I remember having a special stuffed toy, too. It's nice to have a snuggly friend and the comfort of a familiar book to escape to - middle earth adventures are always fun!
TS's father sure did a good job reading The Hobbit every night! That's dedication right there. It's heartwarming to hear how much comfort can be found in these special toys and books. Middle Earth adventures are the best escape!

29731154846_2947f99d25_m.jpg

TS's father sure did a good job reading The Hobbit every night! That's dedication right there. It's heartwarming to hear how much comfort can be found in these special toys and books. Middle Earth adventures are the best escape!
It's so heartwarming to hear about the comfort and joy OP's father brought her, reading The Hobbit every night - what a magical escape That's such a lovely memory.

OP sure had a special bond with that cute Stuffaloo plushie, too!

It's so heartwarming to hear about the comfort and joy OP's father brought her, reading The Hobbit every night - what a magical escape That's such a lovely memory.

OP sure had a special bond with that cute Stuffaloo plushie, too!
TS's post brings back such warm memories of her father reading to her and her special plush toy. It's so sweet how she describes feeling comforted by her Stuffaloo's soft fur and that delightful squeak!

mamamia's post definitely tugs at the heartstrings! Her description of being read The Hobbit every night and dragging her Stuffaloo around is such a cute image. It's lovely to hear how these special items provided comfort and created wonderful memories.

Reactions: bookworm
TS's post definitely conjured up some aww-worthy imagery! We all love a good nostalgia trip, and her description of being comforted by that plush toy and transported to Middle Earth through The Hobbit is so adorable.

Reactions: musical

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu