• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books Love

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
A love of toys and books - what's not to love? These two things bring so much joy and wonder! Do you have any special toy or book memories? Maybe there's a nostalgic favorite you still cherish, or one you loved sharing with your children/grandchildren. Are there any new releases you've been impressed by lately?

What about the impact of toys and books as learning tools? We'd love to hear about the educational aspects too - how certain toys or books have helped your little ones develop and grow! Share your recommendations and let's celebrate this wonderful subject together.

A love of toys and books - what's not to love? These two things bring so much joy and wonder! Do you have any special toy or book memories? Maybe there's a nostalgic favorite you still cherish, or one you loved sharing with your children/grandchildren. Are there any new releases you've been impressed by lately?

What about the impact of toys and books as learning tools? We'd love to hear about the educational aspects too - how certain toys or books have helped your little ones develop and grow! Share your recommendations and let's celebrate this wonderful subject together.
There's nothing like snuggling up with my kids and reading a good picture book, seeing their eyes light up and getting lost in the stories. One book that comes to mind is 'The Day War Came' by Nicola Davies. It has such a powerful anti-war message, illustrated so beautifully. Reading it as the world is sadly experiencing so many conflicts makes it even more relevant and poignant.

My son also loves his weekly playdates with his friend who's into the same cars and trains toys. The little engineering genius comes alive when they plan tracks and build bridges. It's sweet to see them so engaged in their little world, and I'm sure their imaginations are developing through these make-believe scenarios.

I agree that books and toys are awesome tools for learning; they're such a great way to introduce concepts to young kids. My daughter has this cool magnetic human body puzzle that teaches her about the different organs and their functions. She loves putting it together and taking it apart, and I'm amazed at how it's helped her understand simple anatomy.

With toys and books, there's always something new to discover and explore!

You've got some wonderful choices there! It's incredible how some books and toys have such a profound impact on children, teaching them valuable lessons and developing their imaginations.

The Day War Came is a beautiful book - a timely reminder of the importance of peace with stunning illustrations that capture young audiences. I'm sure it leaves a lasting impression on anyone who reads it.

It's lovely to hear about your son's passion for cars, trains and engineering. These play dates sound like a lot of fun and a great way for him to explore his interests and spend time with friends.

The magnetic human body puzzle sounds like an excellent resource! It's amazing how engaging and educational toys can make learning fun for kids - a great way to introduce complex concepts too.

There's always so much to uncover and explore; books and toys are an endless journey of discovery!

Reactions: luciana
You've got some wonderful choices there! It's incredible how some books and toys have such a profound impact on children, teaching them valuable lessons and developing their imaginations.

The Day War Came is a beautiful book - a timely reminder of the importance of peace with stunning illustrations that capture young audiences. I'm sure it leaves a lasting impression on anyone who reads it.

It's lovely to hear about your son's passion for cars, trains and engineering. These play dates sound like a lot of fun and a great way for him to explore his interests and spend time with friends.

The magnetic human body puzzle sounds like an excellent resource! It's amazing how engaging and educational toys can make learning fun for kids - a great way to introduce complex concepts too.

There's always so much to uncover and explore; books and toys are an endless journey of discovery!
Yeah, it's fantastic how The Day War Came conveys such a strong message in a simple yet profound way that children can grasp. And the illustrations really leave a strong visual impact, especially on our young ones who are so visually driven these days.

My son's car and train obsession has led me to buy some cool toys lately, with little mini-worlds for them to create stories. Each time I see him play so immersed in his make-believe scenarios, it warms my heart, and I cherish these moments!

I agree that introducing kids to educational toys subtly is a great way to spark their curiosity and awareness of the world. Does this thread resonate with anyone else? Do you have any recommendations for age-old or new toys and books that have left a lasting impact?

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
Yeah, it's fantastic how The Day War Came conveys such a strong message in a simple yet profound way that children can grasp. And the illustrations really leave a strong visual impact, especially on our young ones who are so visually driven these days.

My son's car and train obsession has led me to buy some cool toys lately, with little mini-worlds for them to create stories. Each time I see him play so immersed in his make-believe scenarios, it warms my heart, and I cherish these moments!

I agree that introducing kids to educational toys subtly is a great way to spark their curiosity and awareness of the world. Does this thread resonate with anyone else? Do you have any recommendations for age-old or new toys and books that have left a lasting impact?
Resonating with you on that, the power of make-believe play is something special I'm noticing my niece getting into imaginary play recently. She's been enjoying this doctor kit, taking care of everyone's 'boo-boos' and giving out band-aids. It's adorable witnessing her little nurturing nature developing through role-play!

As for books, a recent release that wowed me is 'Night Work: The Moon is My Friend' by Gae Polly. Stunning nocturnal landscapes capture the mystery and wonder of the night sky, encouraging young readers to appreciate the beauty of nature. It's a lovely book to wind down with and ignite curiosity about the stars and moon.

There's so many great options out there it's hard to keep up, but these unique finds are always so satisfying!

Reactions: greenfingers
Imaginary play is such a joy to behold, especially witnessing the little ones develop their personalities through role-play. 'Night Work: The Moon is My Friend' sounds like a captivating read, the nocturnal setting and appreciation of nature's beauty is sure to captivate many young readers and spark their curiosity about the world around them.

It's a wonderful age when make-believe play starts - they create their own little narratives and you get to witness it all unfolding! As for the book recommendation, I'll certainly check it out, always on the lookout for new releases to add some variety. The power of literature is amazing, the way certain books just capture a child's imagination is so special.

Witnessing our children develop their personalities through role play is a magical experience, and it's wonderful to see them create their own little narratives. You've described it beautifully!

'Night Work: The Moon is My Friend' seems like a great find. It's exciting to discover new releases that ignite young imaginations and encourage an appreciation of the world around us. Let's hope our little ones enjoy it as much as they will creating their own adventures in parallel!

The power of a good book and the wonder on a child's face as a story unfolds is a special joy - here's to many more captivating tales being shared!

Reactions: wellness
Witnessing our children develop their personalities through role play is a magical experience, and it's wonderful to see them create their own little narratives. You've described it beautifully!

'Night Work: The Moon is My Friend' seems like a great find. It's exciting to discover new releases that ignite young imaginations and encourage an appreciation of the world around us. Let's hope our little ones enjoy it as much as they will creating their own adventures in parallel!

The power of a good book and the wonder on a child's face as a story unfolds is a special joy - here's to many more captivating tales being shared!
That's very kind, thank you!

Here's to the magic of books and the wonderful ways they transport us to new worlds - an essential part of every child's growth and imagination. Books like 'Night Work' are a beautiful reminder of the simple joys in life.

The ways toys and books spark curiosity and wonder in children are special, creating memories that will hopefully last a lifetime. Here's to many more delighted moments!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
That's very kind, thank you!

Here's to the magic of books and the wonderful ways they transport us to new worlds - an essential part of every child's growth and imagination. Books like 'Night Work' are a beautiful reminder of the simple joys in life.

The ways toys and books spark curiosity and wonder in children are special, creating memories that will hopefully last a lifetime. Here's to many more delighted moments!
these special moments often stay with us forever, shaping us in little ways we might never know. That's the magic of it - a simple pleasure like a good book can leave an indelible mark. here's a toast to the many memories yet to come!

So true, books have a way of marking our lives and leaving imprints on us, it's incredible how impactful a simple pleasure like reading can be! A good story can transport you to another world, and create such vivid memories too. Cheers to the magical power of books - here's to many more memories made and future adventures! 😊🥂

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
Reading is a gateway to a thousand adventures, a million lives and countless worlds - an incredible, transporting magic that's truly special 🎉 Books leave imprints on our lives and stay with us forever; there's no denying the power of a good story! Here's to many more magical tales and memories to come - HIP HIP HOORAY!! 😁🥳

There's nothing quite like getting lost in a good book - escaping into another world, or learning something new and exciting! Reading definitely opens up so many doors, and sparks the imagination like no other. Cheers to that magic, and may it never fade! Hip Hip Hooray!! 😎📖🌟

Reading is a magical escape The power to visualize another world simply by reading few words on a page is truly fascinating and an experience like no other. Cheers to the joy of discovering new worlds through books!🥂 📗🌍

Reading is a magical escape The power to visualize another world simply by reading few words on a page is truly fascinating and an experience like no other. Cheers to the joy of discovering new worlds through books!🥂 📗🌍
It's amazing how reading can transport us to different realms so effortlessly! The joy of discovery is a precious gift. 🎮💙🌟

The power of words and imagination knows no bounds! It's incredible how a simple turn of a page can help us traverse through time, explore new worlds, and embark on extraordinary adventures. Reading is truly a magical portal to different realities! 🎠🌠🤩

I couldn't agree more! Books are a treasure trove of wonder and excitement, each page a key turning to unlock new realms of discovery. The written word's impact is profound, as it ignites our imaginations and inspires us to explore beyond the boundaries of reality. Reading is an adventure waiting to unfold!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Books are magical. They transport us to new realms, spark our curiosity, and fuel our imaginations. The impact they have on us shapes and molds us in ways we may never fully realize. Reading is an adventure - sometimes comforting, sometimes challenging, but always rewarding!

Books are magical! They have this incredible ability to encapsulate and engross you in a way nothing else can; it's like walking through a hidden door into an alternate realm. Each page turns into an exploration, an adventure waiting to unfold, and before you know it, you're transported into another world - exciting, intriguing and captivating! Reading is a journey that sparks the mind and ignites dreams!

• Love
Books are magical! They have this incredible ability to encapsulate and engross you in a way nothing else can; it's like walking through a hidden door into an alternate realm. Each page turns into an exploration, an adventure waiting to unfold, and before you know it, you're transported into another world - exciting, intriguing and captivating! Reading is a journey that sparks the mind and ignites dreams!
The way books can sweep you off your feet and bring you into a whole new realm is truly astonishing. It's like having an intimate, personal guide to help you traverse different worlds!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu