• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books Kid-Pleasers

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
**Toys & Books: A Never-Ending Quest for Fun!!**

Share your recommendations for toys, books and fun reads for all ages! What has been a hit with your little ones? What made them laugh, think or sparked their imaginations?

What's on your wishlist for the holidays season? Any new releases your kids can't wait to get their hands on? Let's make this a go-to resource for parents and caregivers looking for the latest and greatest kid-pleasers!

My 7 year old recently discovered the "Magic Tree House" series and has been devouring the books. It's really encouraged his reading habits, and the whodunit style of the stories keeps him engaged.

He's also a huge fan of jokes and riddles, so any humorous books with a good dose of silly humor are always winners in our house. We're thinking of getting him the "Big Book of Jokes for Kids" - does anyone recommend it? Want to make sure the jokes are actually funny!

For younger kids, my toddler loves anything interactive and sensory. She's fascinated by touchy-feely books with different textures and also those with pull-out or lift-up flaps. The "That's Not My..." series is a huge hit; she loves the different animal sounds and the feely bits!

Reactions: doctormama
For some joke joy, we found the Big Book of Jokes for Kids to be a rip-roaring success. The collection is well-curated with a mix of silly, quirky jokes that are actually funny! There's a good balance of themes too so it keeps interest.

The "That's Not My..." series is a huge hit in our house too, particularly the sensory aspects which seem to transfix little ones. We've also found some great touchy-feely books with similar lift-the-flap interactivity from the same publishers which have different textures and even sounds! They are such fun and perfect for toddler hands.

For some joke joy, we found the Big Book of Jokes for Kids to be a rip-roaring success. The collection is well-curated with a mix of silly, quirky jokes that are actually funny! There's a good balance of themes too so it keeps interest.

The "That's Not My..." series is a huge hit in our house too, particularly the sensory aspects which seem to transfix little ones. We've also found some great touchy-feely books with similar lift-the-flap interactivity from the same publishers which have different textures and even sounds! They are such fun and perfect for toddler hands.
My son enjoys those interactive books too, the textures really grab their attention!

• Love
Reactions: nature
Those sensory elements really capture their imaginations! It's amazing how long it holds my kid's attention too - a win for momma!

Reactions: sportytina
That's fantastic! I've noticed the same with my little one - it's almost like these toys are designed to captivate their senses and spark their curiosity. It's so wonderful to witness, right?

It's amazing how these toys are designed to engage kids so effectively. The world through a child's eyes looks so captivating! Witnessing their curiosity and excitement is half the fun.

• Haha
Reactions: koala and bookworm
It's amazing how these toys are designed to engage kids so effectively. The world through a child's eyes looks so captivating! Witnessing their curiosity and excitement is half the fun.
Ya, it's really heartening to see children explore and learn by playing with exciting educational toys. Their wide-eyed wonder and curious minds make parenting so joyful and rewarding!

The toy manufacturers these days really understand a child's psychology; they know how to catch their attention and foster interest!

Reactions: techsavvy
It's incredible how much thought goes into designing these engaging educational toys these days! The makers really do justice by tapping onto a child's innate curiosity and love for exploration. Those little minds are such a delight to nurture, and it's wonderful when we can share their excitement over new discoveries. The toy and book options available nowadays truly enhance that magical experience of learning through play.

Reactions: doctormama
So true! It's encouraging to see that these principles of learning through play and harnessing natural curiosity are being increasingly adopted in educational toy design. The joy of watching a child's mind wander as they explore, experiment and discover is truly special, and it's wonderful that we can enhance that with the right toys and books. Some of these new designs are incredibly innovative and really cater to different learning styles too. It makes nurturing little minds so much fun!

It's fantastic news that the core principles of learning and harnessing curiosity are being integrated into toy design. The market is becoming more conscious of the impact of play on a child's holistic development, and it's an exciting trend. The wonder of watching a child learn is a special joy, and with these innovative designs catering to various learning styles, our little ones' minds will be sparked in new and exciting ways!

It's fantastic news that the core principles of learning and harnessing curiosity are being integrated into toy design. The market is becoming more conscious of the impact of play on a child's holistic development, and it's an exciting trend. The wonder of watching a child learn is a special joy, and with these innovative designs catering to various learning styles, our little ones' minds will be sparked in new and exciting ways!
It's heartening to see toy designers embracing the concept of learning through play and catering to different learning styles. The outcome being an exciting new range of toys that will ignite the imagination and curiosity of young ones!

I can't wait to introduce these innovative, educational toys to my children!

It's heartening to see toy designers embracing the concept of learning through play and catering to different learning styles. The outcome being an exciting new range of toys that will ignite the imagination and curiosity of young ones!

I can't wait to introduce these innovative, educational toys to my children!
You must be thrilled about the latest gadgets that make learning fun for kids! I recall how my little one was fascinated with the interactive and motorized woodblock set. Each wooden piece snapped together to form a robust castle with a simple click! The set came with a storybook too, which really appealed to her imagination. She spent hours building, dismantling, and re-building the pieces while following the book's narratives.

You must be thrilled about the latest gadgets that make learning fun for kids! I recall how my little one was fascinated with the interactive and motorized woodblock set. Each wooden piece snapped together to form a robust castle with a simple click! The set came with a storybook too, which really appealed to her imagination. She spent hours building, dismantling, and re-building the pieces while following the book's narratives.
Yeah, it's awesome that there're so many cool learning toys these days. Sounds like your kid had a great time with that wooden set, the snapshot you painted made me recall another similar set with different themes too! Those snap-together sets are usually a hit with the little ones huh.

There sure are! It's incredible how detailed and life-like some of these new toys are - they really help grab kids' attention and make learning fun. I love the look of concentration on her face when she plays - it's so adorable.
Wooden sets with their different themes are such a great way to teach them about the world, too. And yes, snap-together sets are like magnets for little hands! So much fun watching them figure out how everything connects.

So true - the level of detail on some of these new toys is amazing, and it's such a great way to keep kids engaged and learning without them even realising! Wooden sets with their different themes are like little windows into different worlds for them to explore, and the snap-together sets are like puzzles too which kids always seem to love. It's so sweet watching them concentrate so intensely!

So true - the level of detail on some of these new toys is amazing, and it's such a great way to keep kids engaged and learning without them even realising! Wooden sets with their different themes are like little windows into different worlds for them to explore, and the snap-together sets are like puzzles too which kids always seem to love. It's so sweet watching them concentrate so intensely!
The attention to detail on today's toys is impressive and a great way to secretly educate our kids. These intricate wooden sets encourage imaginative play and quietly develop their spatial reasoning skills, which is a plus!

The attention to detail on today's toys is impressive and a great way to secretly educate our kids. These intricate wooden sets encourage imaginative play and quietly develop their spatial reasoning skills, which is a plus!
It's true, the new generation of kids are very fortunate in this regard. They have access to such cool and educational toys that can subtlety impart important lessons.

It's true, the new generation of kids are very fortunate in this regard. They have access to such cool and educational toys that can subtlety impart important lessons.
With so many toy options available today, it's great to see our kids spoilt for choice! We definitely want the best for our little ones and it's heartening to see that these toys can make learning fun.

What are some of these cool and educational toys that you've come across? I'm sure other parents would love to know too!

I agree - it's encouraging to see how many fun and educational toys are out there these days!

One which has been a real hit with my little ones is this magnetic fishing rod set. It comes with these sea creature discs with different pictures and numbers on them, and the kids have to use the rod to 'catch' the fish with certain characteristics - so lots of learning as they go along. The set also comes with a little net to scoop up other magnets that have been left in the bath!

It's amazing how something so simple can keep them entertained (and quiet..!) for so long, while also picking up some new skills. Would definitely recommend it!

• Love
Reactions: koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu