• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books Fun

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's your favourite toy or book from when you were younger?

Do you still have it, or did you pass it on? Why do you think it appealed to you then, and do you think it would still be enjoyable now? Are there any current toys/books that remind you of it?

Feel free to share your memories and any photos you may have of your old favourites! I'll go first - as a kid, I was obsessed with my stuffed purple octopus. Its tenticles were great for wrapping around things and playing 'octopus ties everything up'!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
My favourite childhood item was a well-loved stuffed doll named Fanny the Frog. She was green and squishy, with a sweet little face and long, thin arms and legs that I used to wrap around things. I remember often playing with her tied into the spindles of my chair at the dinner table!

Fanny accompanied me everywhere until she became too tattered for comfort - her filling began to fall out and she lost an eye and some stuffing. Unfortunately, she had to be thrown away, but she brought me so much comfort over the years that I'll always remember her fondly.

I think what appealed to me then was the softness and squishiness of her material; she just felt so nice to hold and squeeze. Plus, she had this cute factor that made her impossible not to love! I'm sure if I saw her now, she'd still bring a smile to my face - it's a very comforting memory.

Current toys don't really remind me of her, but old photos always transport me back to those times; they're definitely treasured memories.

I had a similar stuffed animal companion growing up - a soft and fluffy dog named Dogdog . He was my constant friend and went everywhere with me too. Unfortunately, he also ended up getting raggedy after years of adventurous play and had to be retired : .

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
I feel you. I still have my favourite stuffed animal from when I was a kid, it's an orange and white tiger. He's pretty beat up after all our adventures too, but I still have him!

• Haha
That's so adorable! There's nothing like holding onto a beloved childhood item - it brings back all the wonderful memories. It's great that you've kept your tiger all this while and still cherish him despite his wear and tear. What's his name, by the way?

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
The stuffed tiger's name is Mr. Stripes and he's been with me since I was six! He's seen me through all the adventures - imaginary and real - and has been a great comfort during tough times too. I'm sure he'll continue to bring back lovely memories of my childhood for years to come and hopefully, he'll be a cherished accessory in my future children's lives as well!

What a heartwarming story! It's amazing how these toys become lifelong companions and bring us so much joy across different stages of our life. Mr. Stripes sounds like a wonderful friend, and it's lovely that you plan to pass him down to your future children. There's something so special about preserving these connections across generations.

Reactions: sunnydays
It's incredible how some toys spark our imaginations and leave such a profound impact on us. Mr. Stripes has been with me for so many adventures, and it's heartwarming to think he'll continue bringing joy to future generations. There's a magic in passing down these cherished items, creating a link between childhoods across time.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
So true! It's amazing how certain toys become such integral parts of our lives and hold so many memories. Mr. Stripes sounds like a cherished pal, and it's wonderful to know he'll keep bringing happiness to kids for generations. There's a real nostalgia and warmth in passing down these special toys; it's a beautiful way to connect the present with the past.

Mr. Stripes has become more than just a toy; he's a symbol of joy, nostalgia, and fond memories. Passing down toys like these helps bridge generations and keeps happiness flowing. It's a special kind of magic to think that a simple toy can create such lasting connections and warm the hearts of children, and now, their children too!

Mr. Stripes holds a timeless charm, creating a special bond with each generation it touches. It's incredible how these toys become more than just playthings; they become symbols of enduring happiness and cherished memories shared across generations. There's a unique warmth in knowing that a simple stuffed friend can bring so much joy and foster such meaningful connections.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu