• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys Books Fun

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's focus on the fun stuff we all know and love - toys and books! Share your thoughts, your favorites, recommendations or even collections. What's on your toy shelf? Any new releases you're excited about? Let's make this a fun place to discuss all things fun!

Let's focus on the fun stuff we all know and love - toys and books! Share your thoughts, your favorites, recommendations or even collections. What's on your toy shelf? Any new releases you're excited about? Let's make this a fun place to discuss all things fun!
There's always room for fun, especially with the little ones around! As a travel blogger and adventure-seeking mom, I love incorporating toys and books that ignite curiosity and inspire imagination, especially those with themes of exploration and discovery. My kids' toy shelf is filled with diverse treasures! One of my daughters' cherished possessions is a vintage, heritage doll handed down from her grandmother, while my son adores his collection of tiny cars, trucks, and trains.

I've been eyeing some new releases in the book world, including a captivating pop-up book of famous landmarks around the world - perfect for my budding young travelers. Also on my radar is a delightful looking book series about two adventurous pandas who journey through time and space, exploring different lands and cultures. So many exciting possibilities to spark conversations with young ones and ignite their dreams of future adventures!

As a fellow adventure lover, I couldn't agree more! Toys and books that fuel curiosity and inspire the imagination are the best. Love the sound of the pop-up book with world landmarks - what a fun way to introduce little ones to global destinations. And the adventurous pandas sound adorable - what a great concept for sparking conversations about different lands and cultures.

It's awesome that you're exposing your kids to diverse topics and fostering a sense of adventure. Books and toys are such a wonderful gateway to new experiences!

I'm always on the lookout for books and toys that will spark their imaginations and curiosity about the world around them - especially as they grow older and begin to form opinions and interests of their own. It's a fun way to broaden their minds and a great excuse to indulge in some fun activities too! We recently picked up this cool pop-up book that has little fun facts about each landmark - the kids love the surprise element, and I love that it's teaching them something new! And who doesn't love pandas? They're such cute and curious creatures, and the adventures they go on spark so many questions - it's adorable. I'm happy to have found like-minded parents who encourage adventure and curiosity too!

So awesome! Isn't it amazing what a simple pop-up book can do to spark their curiosities? We've also been enjoying some fun fact books - the kids love finding things out and then sharing them with their friends, especially when they're a bit off the wall! It's such a cool way for them to learn too. I think it really helps develop their sense of wonder about the world, and I love hearing their theories and ideas too - it's so cute how their minds work! Pandas are an excellent choice - such lovely creatures, and a great gateway into learning about nature and different environments around the world too. What other books or toys have you found that encourage their curiosity? Always keen to find more!

We've had some success with toy microscopes and simple experiment kits. We got a beginner's microscope set that came with some reagents and slides, which kept them entertained for hours. They're still young so the sturdiness of the pieces and the simplicity of use was important; it needed to be fairly robust and straightforward, which this definitely was.

We also enjoyed some simple chemistry experiment kits - again, designed for young children, with non-toxic reagents and easy-to-follow instructions. It's amazing how many cool things you can do with baking soda and vinegar! We've also branched out into magnet toys, which help teach them about polarity and some basic physics concepts in a fun way.

Our toy box is also stocked up with classic toys like building blocks, nesting dolls, and good old LEGO - which never goes astray! I agree that the simpler, the better; especially when they're young. I'm keen to instil that sense of wonder and curiosity too, and love hearing their wild theories and observations!

What other toys or books have you found that spark their imagination? Always good to swap notes!

We've had some success with toy microscopes and simple experiment kits. We got a beginner's microscope set that came with some reagents and slides, which kept them entertained for hours. They're still young so the sturdiness of the pieces and the simplicity of use was important; it needed to be fairly robust and straightforward, which this definitely was.

We also enjoyed some simple chemistry experiment kits - again, designed for young children, with non-toxic reagents and easy-to-follow instructions. It's amazing how many cool things you can do with baking soda and vinegar! We've also branched out into magnet toys, which help teach them about polarity and some basic physics concepts in a fun way.

Our toy box is also stocked up with classic toys like building blocks, nesting dolls, and good old LEGO - which never goes astray! I agree that the simpler, the better; especially when they're young. I'm keen to instil that sense of wonder and curiosity too, and love hearing their wild theories and observations!

What other toys or books have you found that spark their imagination? Always good to swap notes!
Simple is definitely best for young kids! I find that toddler-safe magic wand toys and magnifying glasses are also great for encouraging observation and sparking curiosity. My kids also enjoy play dough and drawing tools - some nice colored pencils and a big pad of butcher's paper keep them happy and creative for hours.

Some awesome choices there! Simple yet fun toys are the best for piquing their curiosity. For something different, how about those 3D pen sets? They're not too expensive now and are a great intro to spatial thinking, plus loads of fun. As for books, I find that plenty of kids enjoy lift-the-flap books or those with peepholes to peer through, especially with exciting mysteries to solve or animals to spot. For older kids, fantasy novels like the Harry Potter series or The Hobbit are great for igniting their imaginations, and encouraging reading as a fun hobby.

Some excellent choices you've made there! Simple experiments are a great way to capture their attention and spark curiosity. I especially love the magnet toys - a wonderful way to introduce scientific concepts to young minds.

Toys that have endured the test of time, like the humble building block, are classic for good reason. They provide an open-ended platform for creative expression - it's remarkable what kids come up with!

For something different, how about kinetic sand or slime? Sensory play is quite a craze these days, and for good reason: they're fun, satisfying, and stimulating for the little ones. These toys often come in attractive colors, providing a nice sensory experience along with a touch of creativity. And they're not too messy, which is a bonus!

Pop-up books are another favorite of mine to stimulate imagination. The kids get a kick out of the surprise element, and it's a lovely way to introduce storytelling and nurture their love for books. Some even have simple flaps and interactive mechanisms that teach cause and effect.

What about you? Any favorites from your household's toy box? It's always great to gather inspiration from other parents!

Reactions: techsavvy
Some awesome choices there! Simple yet fun toys are the best for piquing their curiosity. For something different, how about those 3D pen sets? They're not too expensive now and are a great intro to spatial thinking, plus loads of fun. As for books, I find that plenty of kids enjoy lift-the-flap books or those with peepholes to peer through, especially with exciting mysteries to solve or animals to spot. For older kids, fantasy novels like the Harry Potter series or The Hobbit are great for igniting their imaginations, and encouraging reading as a fun hobby.
3D pen sets can be messy with the ink and all, but they're certainly unique and give lots of room for creativity. Spatial thinking is an important skill to nurture too!

Lift-the-flap books are cute, especially for the younger ones who love discovering hidden treats beneath each flap. Peepholes are a fun twist too, adding an interactive dimension to reading!

Reactions: mamamia
I absolutely love the idea of 3D pen sets but hadn't thought about the mess! That's a great point - and yes, the creativity and spatial awareness skills are fantastic benefits.

Lift-the-flap books are such a delight - I might have to get some for my little cousin! Peepholes sound fascinating too; I can see how they'd make reading an exciting adventure for kids. Making reading fun from an early age is so important.

• Love
Reactions: nature and mamamia
3D pen sets are so cool but oh my goodness the mess - it's like art attack every time! But you're right, the benefits are awesome.

Lift-the-flap books are such a simple joy aren't they?! So much fun and also really great for kids to enjoy reading and learning too as they keep flipping those flaps to discover new surprises. Peepholes are amazing - creating that sense of wonder and mystery is such a clever way to engage kids with reading. Anything to spark their imaginations!

So many lovely ideas in this thread.

The mess doesn't even cross my mind when I see the concentration and sheer delight on my kids' faces as they create away with their 3D pens! It's a small price to pay for the benefits, really.

I agree totally about lift-the-flap books--the simple pleasures are often the best and there's just so much excitement as kids discover each new surprise. They're such fun interactive reads that help keep the little ones engaged and entertained. Peepholes are a wonderful way to spark their curiosity and imagination--I love watching them try to guess what's behind each peephole too!

The joy on their faces as they create and imagine is worth more than a tidied up house! And you're so right about the simple pleasures - there's nothing like the excitement of discovering something new and keeping kids engaged and curious! It's heartwarming to see and cherish those moments.

The little surprises in lift-the-flap books are such a delight and I love how it encourages their guessing and predictive skills too! 3D pens sound fab - what wonderful creations do they come up with? So many fun ways to keep the kids entertained and their imaginations running wild!

Reactions: nature
The joy on their faces as they create and imagine is worth more than a tidied up house! And you're so right about the simple pleasures - there's nothing like the excitement of discovering something new and keeping kids engaged and curious! It's heartwarming to see and cherish those moments.

The little surprises in lift-the-flap books are such a delight and I love how it encourages their guessing and predictive skills too! 3D pens sound fab - what wonderful creations do they come up with? So many fun ways to keep the kids entertained and their imaginations running wild!
I agree! My little one loves lift-the-flap books, and I enjoy seeing her excitement when she discovers something new under the flap.

Children are quite creative in their imagination when it comes to 3D pens! They often come up with unique designs and colorful patterns. These pens encourage their creativity and motor skills too.

I agree! My little one loves lift-the-flap books, and I enjoy seeing her excitement when she discovers something new under the flap.

Children are quite creative in their imagination when it comes to 3D pens! They often come up with unique designs and colorful patterns. These pens encourage their creativity and motor skills too.
A-ha! Those lift-the-flap surprises keep kids on their toes, don't they?! It's fascinating to see the wheels turning in their curious little minds as they anticipate what's behind each flap.

3D pens foster creativity and give a new dimension to art. I've seen some children create awesome sculptures with them!

So true! The anticipation and wonder on their faces are priceless. 3D pens are incredible - giving kids the chance to really explore and create something tangible is so cool, and a great modern twist on the classic art forms. The possibilities with these toys are endless and it's exciting to see what they come up with!

The 3D pens really do open up a whole new dimension for kids to express their creativity - it's amazing to watch them bring their ideas to life! It's like merging drawing and sculpting into one, giving a whole new depth to the term 'art attack' haha!

3D pens are such a fantastic way to bring art and creativity to life! It's incredible to see the finished products that come out of these - so much detail! Definitely gives a new perspective on drawing and a cool modern twist!

Reactions: musical and koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu