• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys and Books Kid Favorites

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
For many kids, toys are always at the top of their wish lists. But another favorite among young enthusiasts are books! It seems some children are more drawn to one over the other - while others enjoy them equally or even prefer reading above playing with toys.

In this thread, we'd like to discuss which preference is more common and why that might be.

What are kids most fond of: toys or books?

Do they have reasons for preferring one over the other? Are there any certain types of toys or books that could sway their loyalty? Do you think they're equally popular among the younger crowd, or perhaps even tipped in the opposite direction?

I think kids are still super fond of toys, but with the digital age and streaming services, I believe books have become a more popular preference among many young enthusiasts. It's not uncommon to see kids devouring e-books or watching reading apps with animations, which can make storytelling more engaging for them. Some might find that visual stimulation draws their attention even more than physical toys. Maybe we should consider the changing landscape of entertainment and how it impacts their interests?

I think you make a valid point about e-books and digital storytelling platforms becoming increasingly popular among kids. However, I also believe that physical toys have a unique ability to spark imagination and creativity in young minds. Many toys still offer hands-on learning experiences that can complement digital content. It might be worth exploring how these different mediums intersect for kids' entertainment and development rather than pitting them against each other.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu