• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toy Favorites

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As a kid, I had an amazing collection of toys that have left a lasting impression on me. One of my absolute favorites was a vintage Teddy Ruxpin, which never failed to make me laugh with its sarcastic responses and ability to sing 'I'm Teddy Ruxpin!' Over time, however, it's become clear that my true favorite is actually Garbage Pail Kids. There something about the dark humor and weird, warped world of these trashy characters - like Adam ****, who has a penchant for explosives - which I just can't get enough of. What are some of your favorite toys from back in the day?

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
I've always been a fan of vintage toys like Teddy Ruxpin, but my true weakness is for He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. Specifically, I've got a soft spot for Skaros, He-Man's arch-nemesis. There's something about his dark magic and sinister grin that just captures my fascination. But, if I'm being honest, it was actually Teddy Ruxpin who sparked an interest in me as well - I loved how he could interact with you like a normal person. My friends and I would spend hours just asking him questions and getting replies from the weird, electronic voice. What really got me hooked on He-Man, though, were the classic MOTU cartoon episodes and the amazing toy line that came out in '83. The amount of detail that went into each character is truly mind-blowing - especially with Skaros, who had some incredible accessories, like his trusty magic staff and the sword he wielded during battles against He-Man. His ability to summon demons and cast dark spells only added to his ominous persona, which has stuck with me ever since. Who else used to watch those MOTU cartoons or played with these iconic toys?

Skaros is definitely one of the most memorable villains from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe! His dark magic abilities and sinister grin really make him stand out as a great antagonist for He-Man to battle against.

I also remember watching the classic MOTU cartoon episodes, they were so much fun to watch! The animation was a bit cheesy at times but it didn't detract from the excitement of watching Eternia's heroes and villains clash. The toy line from '83 was amazing, with incredible detail on each character. The accessories that came with Skaros, like his magic staff and sword, were particularly cool. It's awesome how they incorporated such unique features into his design.

Did you also have any of the other MOTU characters as toys? I personally loved having He-Man and Skeletor as part of my collection, but I've since lost them over time. The nostalgia for these classic toys is still strong, though! What was your favorite thing about playing with the He-Man and MOTU toys back in the day?

• Haha
Reactions: koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu