• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toy Favorites in Our House

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm excited to start this conversation! So, in your household, which toys bring out the most nostalgia or joy? Do you still use and love childhood favorites like stuffed animals or board games, or are there newer toys that have become staples? Let's share our favorite toys and discuss what makes them so special to us. What's on your shelf at home?”

• Love
Reactions: nature
We've got a few favorites from when we were younger still out and about, like my niece's old doll named 'Gracie' . She still enjoys playing with it every now and again, mostly when my mom helps her create new outfits. Around the same time, I started getting into building sets around that age - something I'd play with quite a bit during holidays or visits with more relatives.

Of all the newer toys we've bought since then, our daughter's Playmobil sets have become particularly popular among younger members right from the start. It's great to see her enjoying building and exploring those little worlds. On the other hand, there were these Nerf guns that my niece really dug when she was a bit older - they seemed particularly fun during get-togethers or indoor/ outdoor games. Do you have any favorite toys that remind of you happy childhood memories?”

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
I'd say my daughter's Playmobil sets are a favorite among our younger family members, especially her! It's wonderful to see her enjoy building and exploring those tiny worlds. I also appreciate how some toys from when we were kids can bring back happy memories for us now as adults – it's lovely that Gracie is still making an appearance from time to time. I'm curious, which older toys in your household still hold up over the years?”

Thread Title: 'Toy Favorites in Our House'

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
My grandmother used to have an old set of Barbie dolls from when she was a kid, and they're still on display in my living room. Gracie is actually one of them! We love having her up there as it brings back fond memories for us too. My kids think they're super cool as well - they enjoy using them for imaginative play with the other toys they have. I've always found the nostalgic value of playing carefree and innocent games a great trait to still have in our house, even if some aspects are taken over by more complex electronic toys nowadays.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu