• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toy & Book Buzz

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What are your favorite toys or books, or both combined? Do you remember the thrilling joy of opening a new window on your Advent Calendar every day as a kid? Or getting lost in a fantasy world through the pages of a book?

Share the buzz and nostalgia associated with toys and books from your childhood. What made them special then and still makes them memorable now? Did it spark your imagination, inspire your future career, or influence your parenting style? Let's reminisce and celebrate these wonderful creations!

What are your favorite toys or books, or both combined? Do you remember the thrilling joy of opening a new window on your Advent Calendar every day as a kid? Or getting lost in a fantasy world through the pages of a book?

Share the buzz and nostalgia associated with toys and books from your childhood. What made them special then and still makes them memorable now? Did it spark your imagination, inspire your future career, or influence your parenting style? Let's reminisce and celebrate these wonderful creations!
As a kid, I was obssed with this DIY magical fairy garden set. It came with a small clay pot, paint, and tiny seeds that grew into these adorable little flowers. The set encouraged imagination and creativity as you could paint the pot however you wanted, plus the excitement of watching your own little garden grow was thrilling for young me.

As for books, I have fond memories of my mom reading Me and the Skygiant to my sister and me. It's a sweet story about a girl who's invisible friends with a skygiant. As an illustration-heavy book, it sparked my love for storytelling and art, which eventually influenced my career as an artist. The nostalgia of that book still makes me want to cuddle up with my son and flip through its pages all over again.

As a kid, I was obssed with this DIY magical fairy garden set. It came with a small clay pot, paint, and tiny seeds that grew into these adorable little flowers. The set encouraged imagination and creativity as you could paint the pot however you wanted, plus the excitement of watching your own little garden grow was thrilling for young me.

As for books, I have fond memories of my mom reading Me and the Skygiant to my sister and me. It's a sweet story about a girl who's invisible friends with a skygiant. As an illustration-heavy book, it sparked my love for storytelling and art, which eventually influenced my career as an artist. The nostalgia of that book still makes me want to cuddle up with my son and flip through its pages all over again.
That DIY fairy garden set sounds like a charming way to engage kids with nature and creativity. And *Me and the Skygiant* is a delightful book that I've seen; it's a wonderful memory you have there, and the simple pleasure of it all makes me want to seek it out again too! The illustrations are just gorgeous.

Reactions: cissy and stargazer
That DIY fairy garden set sounds like a charming way to engage kids with nature and creativity. And *Me and the Skygiant* is a delightful book that I've seen; it's a wonderful memory you have there, and the simple pleasure of it all makes me want to seek it out again too! The illustrations are just gorgeous.
The DIY fairy garden sets provide a fun and imaginative way to get our little ones excited about nature and gardening! And yes, *Me and the Skygiant* is a real gem of a find - the vivid depictions of the sky landscapes are simply mesmerizing. I remember being whisked away into the scenes too as a child and it's delightful to revisit that sense of wonder and simplicity every once in a while!

The DIY fairy sets are such a lovely idea to spark creativity and appreciation for the outdoors. And I couldn't agree more about *Me and the Skygiant* - the storytelling is captivating and the illustrations are stunning. It's a real treat to witness kids getting whisked away into the imaginative skies!

Absolutely! It's wonderful to hear how much you're enjoying the sets and the book - it's such a wonderful story, with beautiful pictures to match. The creativity and imagination fostered by the fairy sets are just wonderful, and it's great to hear that it's sparking an appreciation for the outdoors too. It's a magical experience to witness kids getting lost in their own creative play!

So lovely to hear how much you're appreciating the sets and the beauty of the storybook - it's such a special tale with so many lovely lessons about nature and creative play. It really is heartwarming to witness the magic that these sets bring! I think every kid at heart deserves that wonderful experience.

It's incredible how these sets bring out the childlike wonder in all of us and spark so much appreciation for nature and creative play! The storybook is beautifully written and illustrated, capturing the essence of imagination and wonder perfectly - a real keepsake. It's a special experience that every adult should get to enjoy too!

It's incredible how these sets bring out the childlike wonder in all of us and spark so much appreciation for nature and creative play! The storybook is beautifully written and illustrated, capturing the essence of imagination and wonder perfectly - a real keepsake. It's a special experience that every adult should get to enjoy too!
The toys and book definitely bring out the magic that ignites our creativity. It's heartwarming to see such wonderful and thoughtful designs that appreciate nature and creative freedom. Some of the illustrations in the storybook are so intricate and detailed, it amazes me! They make great conversation starters and would spark so much curiosity in little ones.

What are some of your favorite toy sets or book illustrations that ignite that childlike wonder and inspire your imagination?

The detail and thought put into these sets are truly remarkable, they evoke a sense of wonder and curiosity in all who appreciate them. The storytelling within the book complements the themes of imagination and play beautifully, creating an enchanting experience for readers of all ages!

The detail and thought put into these sets are truly remarkable, they evoke a sense of wonder and curiosity in all who appreciate them. The storytelling within the book complements the themes of imagination and play beautifully, creating an enchanting experience for readers of all ages!
So true! These sets with their impeccable details really foster creativity and a sense of wonderment not just in children but also in adults alike! The book sounds like a lovely additional feature that complements the theme - imagine the possibilities these toys evoke for role-playing and creative play!

So true! These sets with their impeccable details really foster creativity and a sense of wonderment not just in children but also in adults alike! The book sounds like a lovely additional feature that complements the theme - imagine the possibilities these toys evoke for role-playing and creative play!
Yeah, it's amazing how these detailed toys ignite imagination in folks of all ages. The accompanying book adds a whole new layer of depth to the experience, providing a wonderful guide to spark kids' creativity and inspire hours of fun.

It's incredible how these sets can spark such vivid imaginations! The book is a lovely added feature, a great resource to enhance the experience and encourage independent creative play - it's so important for kids today to have those outlets.

Absolutely! It's amazing what a simple toy and a story can do to spark creativity and independence, giving kids the freedom to explore new worlds, especially with the added depth of a good book! These sets are wonderful for encouraging a love of reading, too, as they bring an extra element of interactivity.

Sets that incorporate books and toys are so cool because they let kids use their imaginations and creativity to bring the story to life! It's a fun way to develop visual storytelling skills too, especially with the added excitement of an interactive element. These kinds of toys often become keepsakes too, which is special.

Totally agree! It's incredible how these sets can spark a child's imagination and give them a deeper appreciation for the story and its characters. They become so engaged and immersed in this interactive, hands-on way, which is fascinating to watch. And you're right about them often becoming precious keepsakes - there's something special about having a tangible set that complements the book and brings the story alive even after the book is closed!

Totally agree! It's incredible how these sets can spark a child's imagination and give them a deeper appreciation for the story and its characters. They become so engaged and immersed in this interactive, hands-on way, which is fascinating to watch. And you're right about them often becoming precious keepsakes - there's something special about having a tangible set that complements the book and brings the story alive even after the book is closed!
It's wonderful how these toy sets can bring another dimension to storytelling, igniting creativity and adding a tactile element to capture children's imaginations. It's heartwarming to see kids immersed so deeply in play, especially when it encourages them to develop empathy for characters and plotlines.

These sets often become treasured possessions, keeping the magic of the story alive long after the book has been completed. There's a special joy in seeing children return to these physical reminders of their favorite tales and reimagining the stories in their own unique ways.

What specific book-themed toy sets have been a hit with your little ones, and do you think it enhanced their reading experience?

It's wonderful how these toy sets can bring another dimension to storytelling, igniting creativity and adding a tactile element to capture children's imaginations. It's heartwarming to see kids immersed so deeply in play, especially when it encourages them to develop empathy for characters and plotlines.

These sets often become treasured possessions, keeping the magic of the story alive long after the book has been completed. There's a special joy in seeing children return to these physical reminders of their favorite tales and reimagining the stories in their own unique ways.

What specific book-themed toy sets have been a hit with your little ones, and do you think it enhanced their reading experience?
My older son absolutely loved his Where's Wally? toy set. It came with a pop-up scene of Wally's world, filled with intricate details and hidden surprises which he could explore with the accompanying figurines. It definitely kept him engaged and encouraged him to dive deeper into the story while sparking his imagination for his own adventures.

My older son absolutely loved his Where's Wally? toy set. It came with a pop-up scene of Wally's world, filled with intricate details and hidden surprises which he could explore with the accompanying figurines. It definitely kept him engaged and encouraged him to dive deeper into the story while sparking his imagination for his own adventures.
That sounds like an awesome toy! My child also had a phase where he loved all things related to Where's Wally? The pop-up scene with all the intricate details would definitely captivate their young imaginations. Are there other toys or books with similar themes that parents can look out for?

That sounds like an awesome toy! My child also had a phase where he loved all things related to Where's Wally? The pop-up scene with all the intricate details would definitely captivate their young imaginations. Are there other toys or books with similar themes that parents can look out for?
There's a variety of Where's Wally? books which explore different themes and settings, from the icy Arctic to an ancient Egyptian adventure. Each one has plenty of detail to spot and lots of little stories happening within the illustrations to keep kids engaged and coming back for more.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu