• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddling Fun

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
A space for sharing all the fun, quirky, adorable ways we entertain our little toddlers! Share your go-to outdoor activities, indoor games, craft ideas, sensory play and more. What keepsakes have you created with your tot? Any easy, mess-free recipes you both enjoyed making together? Let's make this a fun, judgement free community for shared ideas and inspiration!

My kiddo loves the classic 'I Spy' game - great for those sneak peek moments while doing chores! And who knew threading beads could be so entertaining? A great fine motor skill practice and keeps the little hands busy.

Craft time is fun with DIY paint! I mix up some flour, water, and food coloring to make some paint that's safe for the tot to explore. We've got some colorful artwork now adorning the fridge 😁 . Messy but worth it!

I love this thread idea! It's so nice to share all the fun ways we keep our little ones entertained.

My toddler's current fave is a simple 'What's Missing?' game. I set up a little outdoor scavenger hunt for him where I hide 10 everyday household items around the garden. He has to go on a mission to find them all while I tick off the items on my list. It keeps him busy and engaged and he feels so proud of himself when he finds everything! Easy peasy and lots of fun for him, win-win!

Yup! Let's have some fun!

I like to bring my tot to the nearby park to people-watch and feed the ducks. We also like scouring the dollar stores for cheap toys and arts & crafts supplies to keep at home. Mess-free, easy peasy recipes - got to love those! My latest obsession is colourful stickers that peel off without leaving residue - they're a hit with the little one! Also into origami now, though we're only doing basic stuff like paper cranes. And I'm all for anything glow in the dark - the kid goes nuts over it!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Yup! Let's have some fun!

I like to bring my tot to the nearby park to people-watch and feed the ducks. We also like scouring the dollar stores for cheap toys and arts & crafts supplies to keep at home. Mess-free, easy peasy recipes - got to love those! My latest obsession is colourful stickers that peel off without leaving residue - they're a hit with the little one! Also into origami now, though we're only doing basic stuff like paper cranes. And I'm all for anything glow in the dark - the kid goes nuts over it!
I'm all about the simple pleasures too! There's something so nice about just hanging at the park and watching people go by with a tot. My kiddo also loves stickers - peelable ones are a huge hit! And I've found that tot-friendly glue sticks are an absolute blessing for craft time. Mess-free and keeps them entertained? Yes, please!

The park's a great idea - tot can run free and interact with nature, have some real fun. Dollar store hauls are the best for cheap thrills and easy entertainment! Stickers and origami sound super fun too. The glow-in-the-dark craze never gets old, haha. recently discovered paint your own ceramics place which is tot friendly! It's a nice, cozy spot with a good variety of cute figurine designs to choose from - paint, glitz and glamour, then take home your very own creation! We also went on a nature scavenger hunt the other day, tot loved ticking off the list and collecting interesting leaves and sticks.

Reactions: techsavvy
Ooh, what a fun idea for a thread!

I love going on nature walks and doing some good old treasure hunting with my little one. We each bring a bag to collect interesting finds - could be anything from pretty rocks and leaves to pinecones and feathers.

At home, we break out the art supplies and make collages or paint our findings. It's a great way to explore textures and colours and keep tot engaged for some time too! I also love how it's something free and accessible that anyone can do anywhere!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
Heh, my boy loves doing paint too, but I usually do this outdoors cos of the mess! I let him just go wild and explore with colours - it's so fun to see their creative minds at work ah. And easier to clean up too haha. Also a big fan of 'I spy' - keeps 'em quiet while I'm trying to cook dinner, win-win!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
Outdoor activities like flying kites are super fun! My toddler loves running around in the park while holding the kite string. Also a fan of bubble play! I just fill up a huge bucket of soapy water and let her chase bubbles with her little friends. Great for some sensory play too! Indoor, we recently started doing simple art activities like painting and sticking. I keep it mess-free by having a splat mat on the floor and lots of old newspapers! We also take turns putting on little performances - she does a cute little dance while I play pretend piano with accompanying sound effects. Hilarious!

It's great having little ones around! They bring so much joy and wonder to our lives, don't they?

Outdoor activities are a hit with my toddler - playing catch with a soft ball or frisbee, going on nature walks, observing birds and squirrels, and just running about at the park.

For indoor fun, we love setting up a simple scavenger hunt! I'll hide some small toys or treats around the house, and give my tot hints to find them. It keeps her entertained for a good while, and it's so cute watching her figure out the clues. We also do some easy cooking together, like making pizza from scratch - she loves kneading the dough and adding on the toppings.

Mess-free art is a dream! We lay down newspapers and stick to washable paints and colored pencils. I let my tot go wild with colors, while I quickly sneak in some shape and color recognition lessons haha. We also enjoy making handprint arts - it's so cool to see their tiny hands grow over the years!

Some days, I just need a quick activity to occupy her while I finish up some chores. My go-to is setting up a simple obstacle course with cushions and blankets, or getting her to sort laundry. She enjoys helping me 'fold' the towels and sheets, which usually ends up being a fun game of throwing them over each other!

I'm sure many here will have great ideas for keeping toddlers entertained!

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
It's great having little ones around! They bring so much joy and wonder to our lives, don't they?

Outdoor activities are a hit with my toddler - playing catch with a soft ball or frisbee, going on nature walks, observing birds and squirrels, and just running about at the park.

For indoor fun, we love setting up a simple scavenger hunt! I'll hide some small toys or treats around the house, and give my tot hints to find them. It keeps her entertained for a good while, and it's so cute watching her figure out the clues. We also do some easy cooking together, like making pizza from scratch - she loves kneading the dough and adding on the toppings.

Mess-free art is a dream! We lay down newspapers and stick to washable paints and colored pencils. I let my tot go wild with colors, while I quickly sneak in some shape and color recognition lessons haha. We also enjoy making handprint arts - it's so cool to see their tiny hands grow over the years!

Some days, I just need a quick activity to occupy her while I finish up some chores. My go-to is setting up a simple obstacle course with cushions and blankets, or getting her to sort laundry. She enjoys helping me 'fold' the towels and sheets, which usually ends up being a fun game of throwing them over each other!

I'm sure many here will have great ideas for keeping toddlers entertained!
Thanks for sharing! I second the outdoor and indoor activities you mentioned -- they're tot-ally fun

My little one loves the outdoors too, especially running wild at the park while exploring all the funky play equipment. Can't say the same about nature walks though; he gets easily distracted by the tiniest acorn or coolest looking rock, haha. Scavenger hunts are a great idea for some indoor fun! And yep, simple obstacle courses are my go-to as well when I need to buy some time to get some stuff done.

Laundry folding's a good one too -- turning chores into games is always a win-win! And mess-free art sessions keep the sanity intact while encouraging their creativity. How about easy gardening? Like planting seeds and tending to little plants together? Or maybe some simple science experiments with everyday items? Toddler-friendly and fun!

• Love
Reactions: musical and queenie
I think going to the park is such a great idea! It's so nice when simple things bring kids joy. They're not wrong when they say it takes simplicity to amuse little ones. Stickers are a huge hit with my tot too - and glue sticks that aren't mess-free keep them busy for a good while, ha!

Toddlers will enjoy any opportunity for exploration and discovery that we can create! Something as simple as filling up a sensory bin with different textured items like dried beans or rice can keep them occupied for quite some time. They "ooh" and "aah" over the squishy, crunchy textures, and it's so fascinating to watch them explore and experiment - pouring in and out, scooping, and eventually even trying to taste the sensory bin treasures! Messy play is a bonus for sensory stimulation too; it encourages independence when we step back and let them experience freedom within a safe space. We can always follow up with some simple craft using paints or playdough after that immersive sensory experience!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Wah, DIY paint sounds like a fun, new activity to try! My kid also loves his artsy time. I've been wanting to do some painting with him but have been putting it off cos of the potential mess hahaha. But after seeing your fridge art, I think it's worth it man. Might let him loose with some colours this weekend! 😁

Nature walks are awesome! And such a great, educational way to spend quality time with the little ones. My toddler enjoys examining the different shaped leaves we find - like these are some rare, exotic species lol! We also make it a game sometimes, seeing who can find the most interesting looking rock or coolest shaped twig. Makes for some giggles and keeps her engaged! Collages are a fun way to use all these nature finds too - and a great crafty keepsake!

I do lots of drawing and painting with my little one! We also love going on nature walks and collecting leaves, rocks, and sticks. And for mess-free cooking, we make fruit kabobs! Threading the different fruits onto a skewer is great for fine motor skills, and it's so fun to make and then eat, of course!

53933435042_c54595a8e5_m.jpg

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu