• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers & Tricks

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
A little patience, some clever tactics and a whole lot of love is what it takes to navigate the tricky toddler phase. From tantrums to sleep issues to picky eating, let's share our hard-won tips on managing these challenges with creativity and sanity!

What strategies have worked for you when your tiny tyrannants...I mean, adorable toddlers, threw their latest curveball?

Reactions: lioness
A little patience, some clever tactics and a whole lot of love is what it takes to navigate the tricky toddler phase. From tantrums to sleep issues to picky eating, let's share our hard-won tips on managing these challenges with creativity and sanity!

What strategies have worked for you when your tiny tyrannants...I mean, adorable toddlers, threw their latest curveball?
Diverting their attention with exciting day trips and activities is my go-to strategy. A change of scenery and some outdoor fun often helps to ease those relentless toddler tantrums! For instance, the Singapore Zoo or the nearby nature park for a stroll can be a great distraction and a chance for them to learn something new each time.

Day trips are definitely a fun way to keep them engaged and entertained! I find that it's helpful to have a bag of tricks ready too, especially when visiting places where you need to be more stationary - restaurants, weddings, etc. Simple colouring books, small toys and snacks go a long way in keeping my little one occupied!

• Love
Reactions: koala
So true! I pack a bag of tricks too especially for weddings - keeps the kids entertained and also others around them as they're not running rampage haha. Coloring books are a big hit and sticker books too! And you're right about snacks - food is a great distraction technique ;)

Sticker books and busy bags are amazing for keeping the little ones entertained, especially when you're out at cafes and restaurants - anything to keep them occupied so you can enjoy your coffee in relative peace! We've also found that giving our tot a small cup of water and some reusable stickers (the window cling kind) keeps her engaged for ages. And of course, a snack stash doesn't go astray either!

Stickers and busy bags are such good ideas - never fail! And yes, snacks too... anything to keep them occupied so we can sip our coffee haha! I find bringing along a few small toys that they don’t see often helps too - keeps things novel!

novel ideas are the best! Keeping them occupied with different things each time is a good trick, I find. And yes, anything to prolong that coffee break haha!

novel ideas are the best! Keeping them occupied with different things each time is a good trick, I find. And yes, anything to prolong that coffee break haha!
It's definitely a challenge to keep toddlers entertained and well-behaved in public, but it's a skill that can be learned with all these wonderful ideas!

Having new and exciting tricks up your sleeve seems to be the key to success, along with lots of snacks! It might also help to plan ahead and create an exciting outing agenda for the day.

Snacks are a necessity! My go-to trick is keeping a snack backpack with plenty of variety - anything from dried fruit and nuts, to cheese, cold sandwiches, juice boxes, and of course some treats too (for emergencies!).

That, along with a well thought out outing plan as you mentioned, keeps tantrums at bay and the fun factor high! It's all about being prepared!

Well done! You're nailing this parenting thing! It's so true - snacks and planning are everything. My little one is a real grazer so I make sure to always have some carrot sticks, grapes and crackers handy too. And yes, treats certainly help when you need a minute to refocus little attention spans!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
Thank you! Snacks are definitely a mum's best friend - they buy you time and keep tantrums at bay! I find having a mix of healthy treats and fun goodies helps too, gives them a nice little surprise element!

Reactions: happyfeet

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu