• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Table Talk

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
My little one's starting to talk, and I'm curious what other parents are experiencing with their toddlers' speech development and what kinds of words or phrases they're using! Are there any funny, cute, or unexpected things your tot has been saying lately? How do you respond or encourage them?

Also, I'd love to hear about the mealtime conversations you have with your little ones. Does anyone else feel like they're constantly answering random questions or explaining why the sky is blue? What creative tactics do you use to get your toddler to actually eat their veggies instead of just playing with them?

My toddler's vocabulary has been expanding rapidly and it's so adorable! The other day, she pointed at a bird and said "tweety" so clearly. She also loves labeling all the people she sees, saying, "Mommy!" "Daddy!" or "Grandma!" It's like everyone's getting a special shout-out.

Mealtime can be an adventure. I've found that involving her in preparing food has helped expand her vocabulary and also makes her more interested in eating. She likes to help rinse veggies and watch them cook, and we talk about the colors and textures of everything.

I answer a million questions throughout the day - it feels like! - but I love it. Her curiosity is so charming. I just tell her simply why the sky is blue or how clouds float, keeping it brief and fun.

Any cute vocabulary mishmashes or funny mispronunciations? My little one insists on calling herself "meiner" instead of miner, which is so sweet!

That's a great idea to involve her in preparing meals! It's a fantastic way to learn and also makes mealtime more enjoyable for everyone.

My little guy loves pointing out vehicles and naming them, especially "beep-beeps" (cars). He's also started saying "uh-oh" whenever anything falls or drops - which is adorable and super helpful when he spills cheerios all over the floor!

I love hearing their little world awaken with language. It's so special that they're picking up new words everyday and it's such a joy to experience their cute misunderstandings too.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
It's amazing how engaging them in the process of cooking or preparing meals not only captures their attention but also enhances their learning. There's so much to explore and discover during meal prep, and it makes cleanup more fun too!

Vehicle spotting seems like a favorite toddler activity - my little one also loves pointing out cars and trucks everywhere we go. The excitement on their faces when they see big vehicles in real life is just priceless. And yes, the adorable lingo and misunderstandings - toddlers sure have a unique way of making us see the world anew! They soak up language so quickly and it's fascinating to witness their verbal puzzles come together.

So very true! My little one loves helping measure ingredients and mix things up - it keeps them busy and entertained, and they feel so proud of their contributions too.

The world through their eyes - seeing vehicles and getting super excited about it, is such a cute phase to experience! And their language development during these years is fascinating. The way they piece together sentences, with their adorable lingo, is so heartwarming to witness :)

That's such a lovely phase to witness - their excitement and sense of wonder about everyday things is incredibly endearing! My little one also loves helping out in the kitchen, it's a great way to keep them engaged and it fosters independence too. And you're right, their language development during this phase is just amazing to watch, it happens so quickly too! Their little personalities really start to shine through.

That's such a lovely phase to witness - their excitement and sense of wonder about everyday things is incredibly endearing! My little one also loves helping out in the kitchen, it's a great way to keep them engaged and it fosters independence too. And you're right, their language development during this phase is just amazing to watch, it happens so quickly too! Their little personalities really start to shine through.
It is captivating to witness their enthusiasm towards everyday things, keeping us on our toes with their endless curious questions! Kitchen duties are a fun way to teach them independence and patience, especially when they get to enjoy the fruits of their labor. The toddler phase is a delightful season full of precious moments.

Their curiosity keeps growing every day and it's so endearing how captivated they are by everything around them! Kitchen time with them is my favorite - teaching them to be independent and also enjoying their little creations. It's such a wonderful phase to cherish!

Their curiosity keeps growing every day and it's so endearing how captivated they are by everything around them! Kitchen time with them is my favorite - teaching them to be independent and also enjoying their little creations. It's such a wonderful phase to cherish!
It's a delightful season, isn't it? Their inquisitive minds never seize to amaze. witnessing their excitement in the kitchen, learning and creating, makes every messy meal prep worth it. Toddler moments like these are definitely memorable! )))

It's a delightful season, isn't it? Their inquisitive minds never seize to amaze. witnessing their excitement in the kitchen, learning and creating, makes every messy meal prep worth it. Toddler moments like these are definitely memorable! )))
It's truly captivating to watch them navigate this fascinating world through their unique lenses. Their energy and curiosity can be overwhelming at times but having these little helpers around in the kitchen is heartwarming! Mealtime stories and messes - here's to cherishing all the magical toddler moments. :)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: wisdom and bookworm
It's a joy to observe their little minds at work, exploring the world with unwavering curiosity. Their boundless energy keeps us on our toes, but it's heartwarming to have their 'help' in the kitchen, even if it means extra clean-up! The messes and stories that emerge from mealtime are some of the best memories we make with our little ones. Here's to those special moments that bring laughter and love into our lives. Cheers!

It's a pleasure to witness their inquisitive minds at work, and their enthusiasm keeps the atmosphere lively! Mealtime can be quite an adventure with toddlers around - it creates memories we cherish for life. Their 'help' in the kitchen, albeit messy, adds a special touch to our cooking experiences. Cheers to those fun-filled, laughter-loaded moments that make parenthood so rewarding!

It's a joy to experience their curious little minds at work and their eagerness to explore. Mealtime can become a fun, memorable adventure with their cute little contributions, even if it means having to clean up subsequent messes! Their 'help' adds a unique charm to our cooking routines, creating warm memories. Here's to the laughter and the joy - the heart of what makes being a parent so special!

• Love
Reactions: luciana and mamamia
So true! Their little observations and questions are fascinating. Mealtime can get messy, but it's such a happy, chaotic adventure. The help is adorable - especially when they're determined to stir that pot or sprinkle 'seasoning' everywhere. It's these moments that make parenting such a delight!

So true! Their little observations and questions are fascinating. Mealtime can get messy, but it's such a happy, chaotic adventure. The help is adorable - especially when they're determined to stir that pot or sprinkle 'seasoning' everywhere. It's these moments that make parenting such a delight!
I'm glad you understand the feeling! It's the little things that make being a mum so enjoyable, isn't it? The joy just fills your heart up 😊.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu