• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
A healthy diet for toddlers is so important for growth and development, yet it can also be challenging!

What's the hardest thing you've experienced when trying to feed your tot? Have you found any particular foods that they love that are also nutritious powerhouses? Share your experiences and let's help each other navigate these nutritional minefields together!

I'll go first! My little one turned her nose up at everything green for the first three years of her life. It was so difficult to get her to eat anything remotely vegetable-like, but now she's obsessed with broccoli. Thank goodness for small miracles, right?

• Love
Reactions: joyful and koala
That's fantastic news! Broccoli is a great win! My toddler also wouldn't touch anything green until he hit 3 and now he'll eat most veggies - hooray! It gives me so much hope haha. We've had success with roasted sweet potato cubes as a nutritious snack, they're a huge hit in our house and so easy to prep! Also frozen, organic corn cobs have been a go-to for months now, he loves them and they're such an easy, mess-free option! I find keeping these healthy snacks on hand makes a difference too, especially when out and about.

Roasted sweet potato cubes sound amazing - I'll have to give them a go! My little one also loves corn, it's such an easy one to keep in the freezer for when we're out and about.

I find having nutritious snacks ready makes all the difference - especially as they are so often hungry at the most inconvenient times!

• Love
Reactions: koala
Having some healthy, convenient treats up your sleeve is such a good idea and can definitely tide you over when you're out and about - especially as they grow so fast and are always hungry! It's a great way to introduce them to different tastes and textures too.

That's so true! I like having a variety of healthy snacks on hand because it exposes them to different flavours and keeps things interesting. It's amazing how quickly their little bodies go through food - always nice to have some nutritious backups!

It's so important they get a wide range of nutrients, and having a stock of healthy snacks is definitely key! I feel like every time I turn around my little one has grown another inch because she's refueling! ha! It's amazing how much food these tiny humans can put away - backups are essential!

So true - it's amazing how quickly they burn through fuel! I make sure to keep a stash of fruit and vege pouches handy at all times, plus some long-life dairy snacks like yogurt and cheese. It's also good to throw in some healthy fats like nuts and avocados when you can - the calories really do count!

Great idea! I also make sure to stock up on pouches, they're a lifesaver when out and about! And yes, healthy fats are an excellent addition - I'll often blend some avocado into my tot's smoothies for an extra boost too. It's so important to ensure they're getting enough calories and nutrients to fuel their busy days.

Stocking up on pouches is a great idea - they're handy for when you're out and about! Blending avocado into smoothies is an excellent way to boost the smoothie's nutritional value. Avocados are a great source of healthy fats, which are so important for little ones' development. It's a fantastic way to ensure they get the calories and nutrients needed to keep them energized throughout the day.

That's a great tip about avocado! They're a brilliant hidden ingredient - so creamy and an excellent source of good monounsaturated fatty acids, which are so beneficial for toddlers. It's amazing how much nutrition you can pack into smoothies - a great option for fussy eaters too! Do you have any other super ingredients you blend into your toddler's smoothies?

• Haha
Reactions: nature and queenie
Great minds think alike! I was also thinking about toddlers' nutrition and how to sneak some healthy fats and veggies into their diet.
I sometimes add courgettes/zucchini, carrots and spinach which are mild tasting and can go well with some frozen ripe bananas, avocado and almond milk for a sweet creamy smoothie that's also quite nutritious! I'll also sometimes add a tablespoon of chia seeds for an extra nutrition boost - they're packed with omega 3 fatty acids, fiber and protein!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu