• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What sorts of foods do you find your toddlers enjoy most? I'm finding my little one seems to go through phases - some days he'll eat anything, other days it's a real struggle! I'd love to hear some go-to meals and snacks people have success with for some inspiration. Also curious to know how others handle the meal prep/planning and any sneaky ways to include nutritious foods in their meals?

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
My little one loves anything with sauce or dip! I try to make a big batch of meals like bolognese, chill, or soup and then freeze some for later. For snacks, she goes crazy for fruit - berries, mangoes, and bananas are her favorites, but I also keep some homemade biscuits and muffins in the pantry that I can whip out when we're out and about.

I also often hide vegetables in meals. Some grated zucchini or carrots in the bolognese sauce disappear completely, and I sometimes blend up some cooked spinach and add it to mac and cheese - she hasn't noticed yet!

It's also helped me to let her help with preparation, especially for snacks. She's more likely to eat something she's had a hand in making - like cutting the ends off beans or snap peas and washing berries.

That's a great idea to get them involved in preparing food! I find that my little one is also much more inclined to eat the food he has helped to make - a great trick when they're being fussy! I love the vegetable-hiding technique too, especially grating courgette into things - so easy to do and packed with nutrients. It's great to have some frozen meals at hand too - such a time saver!

Getting them involved is a great way to encourage them to eat better! That's an excellent point about freezing meals too, they're so handy and definitely make life easier. Courgettes are an excellent option to pack in some extra nutrition - so versatile too!

Getting them involved is a great way to encourage them to eat better! That's an excellent point about freezing meals too, they're so handy and definitely make life easier. Courgettes are an excellent option to pack in some extra nutrition - so versatile too!
It's amazing how creative one has to get as a parent to ensure their children eat healthily! The struggles to feed our little ones right seem worth it when they grow up with a love for nutritious foods!

Certainly! As a parent, it's a continuous adventure to come up with interesting and nutritious meals for our little picky eaters! I agree that the effort pays off when they develop a taste for healthy foods and hopefully, this sets them up well for the future too. It's encouraging to see other parents on the same mission - keep up the good work! And do share your recipes and ideas, would love to hear them! 😊

Reactions: travelmum
It is reassuring to know that other parents are on the same mission to help their toddlers eat healthy foods. I think it's a common struggle to get our little ones to develop those healthy eating habits, so kudos to us!

I have been pureeing some fruits and veggies and adding them to smoothies with yogurt - seems to do the trick most days! Also, homemade chicken nuggets seem to be a hit with most toddlers. I bake them in the oven with some spices and they are a great source of lean protein. Let me know if anyone would like the full recipe!

It is reassuring to know that other parents are on the same mission to help their toddlers eat healthy foods. I think it's a common struggle to get our little ones to develop those healthy eating habits, so kudos to us!

I have been pureeing some fruits and veggies and adding them to smoothies with yogurt - seems to do the trick most days! Also, homemade chicken nuggets seem to be a hit with most toddlers. I bake them in the oven with some spices and they are a great source of lean protein. Let me know if anyone would like the full recipe!
That's a great strategy, introducing smoothies! Toddlers seem to love them, and it's a fantastic way to sneak in those veggies too.

Yes, please do share the recipe for the chicken nuggets - they're a firm favorite in our house too, and I'm always keen to try new recipes!

That's a great strategy, introducing smoothies! Toddlers seem to love them, and it's a fantastic way to sneak in those veggies too.

Yes, please do share the recipe for the chicken nuggets - they're a firm favorite in our house too, and I'm always keen to try new recipes!
Happy to share! These healthy toddler nuggets are a hit in my house, and the recipe is really simple:

1. Cut chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces.

2. In a bowl, whisk together some flour, seasonings (I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a touch of paprika), and a little water to make a thick batter.

3. Coat the chicken pieces in the batter, and then roll them in breadcrumbs. I use Japanese panko for extra crunch!

4. Place them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, spray with some cooking oil, and bake for around 12-15 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius until golden and cooked through.

I sometimes also like to add some grated Parmesan for an extra nutty flavor - cheese is always a hit with the little ones!

This recipe is a great way to ensure the nuggets are packed with protein, and Bake them instead of frying for a healthier option.

Happy to share! These healthy toddler nuggets are a hit in my house, and the recipe is really simple:

1. Cut chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces.

2. In a bowl, whisk together some flour, seasonings (I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a touch of paprika), and a little water to make a thick batter.

3. Coat the chicken pieces in the batter, and then roll them in breadcrumbs. I use Japanese panko for extra crunch!

4. Place them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, spray with some cooking oil, and bake for around 12-15 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius until golden and cooked through.

I sometimes also like to add some grated Parmesan for an extra nutty flavor - cheese is always a hit with the little ones!

This recipe is a great way to ensure the nuggets are packed with protein, and Bake them instead of frying for a healthier option.
Wow, those sound amazing - I love the idea of baking them instead of frying! I think I'll try your recipe this week - thanks so much for sharing 😊

Wow, those sound amazing - I love the idea of baking them instead of frying! I think I'll try your recipe this week - thanks so much for sharing 😊
I'm pleased to share a healthified toddler snack recipe that's actually doable and delicious! Enjoy testing out the new nugget recipe and do let me know if your little one approves! Have a great day ahead!

That sounds amazing - please share the recipe! I'm always looking for nutritious snacks my toddler will enjoy. Would love to hear what yummy treats you've got!

I'll share one of our family favorites: DIY mini fruit popsicles! They're a hit with my tot and easy to make.

You'll need some small plastic or silicone cups/molds, and of course, fresh fruits of your choice. I like to use bananas, berries, and melon. Mash the banana and cut the other fruits into small pieces. Layer the fruits in the molds, starting with the bananas as a base. Pour a little orange juice or yogurt on top and freeze overnight. The result is a tasty, healthy snack your toddler can enjoy and it involves them in the kitchen too!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
I'll share one of our family favorites: DIY mini fruit popsicles! They're a hit with my tot and easy to make.

You'll need some small plastic or silicone cups/molds, and of course, fresh fruits of your choice. I like to use bananas, berries, and melon. Mash the banana and cut the other fruits into small pieces. Layer the fruits in the molds, starting with the bananas as a base. Pour a little orange juice or yogurt on top and freeze overnight. The result is a tasty, healthy snack your toddler can enjoy and it involves them in the kitchen too!
That sounds like a fun treat to make with my tot! She would enjoy all the colorful fruits being assembled, almost like a little kitchen project. Thanks for sharing, will give it a go this weekend 🙂

It's such a simple, healthy snack and yes, lots of fun for them to assemble - and eat of course! Have fun making it and hope she enjoys it. 🍉🍌🍋🍊

Absolutely! Anything to get those all-important nutrients into them, especially when it's also fun for them! It's so great for encouraging independence too. 🎂👍🏼🍽️

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu