• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition Solutions

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I wanted to create a space where we can share our experiences and solutions for feeding our little ones! As parents, we all want to ensure our toddlers are eating nutritious meals, but this can often be a challenging task. Let's help each other out and share our go-to meals, snack ideas and tips & tricks for getting our picky eaters to enjoy healthy foods.

One thing that has helped me is involving my toddler in preparing the meal. They're more likely to eat something they've had a hand in making or picking out.

I also started letting them choose their own snacks from the fridge or pantry. It's turned into a little game and helps them understand what foods are healthy options. If they pick something, I might suggest adding a fruit or vegetable to the choice, and together we talk about how it will make them strong and energetic!

Another trick up my sleeve is making everything an adventure - going on a "Bear Hunt" for lunch can make even plain sandwiches fun and exciting!

One thing that has helped me is involving my toddler in preparing the meal. They're more likely to eat something they've had a hand in making or picking out.

I also started letting them choose their own snacks from the fridge or pantry. It's turned into a little game and helps them understand what foods are healthy options. If they pick something, I might suggest adding a fruit or vegetable to the choice, and together we talk about how it will make them strong and energetic!

Another trick up my sleeve is making everything an adventure - going on a "Bear Hunt" for lunch can make even plain sandwiches fun and exciting!
That's a smart move to get them involved in preparing their meals; it's an interactive way to expose them to different foods and nutrients.

Toddlers love games and adventures, so making mealtime a playful activity is a clever strategy. It adds a fun twist to eating healthy and might just be the trick to win over those picky eaters!

What other fun solutions do you guys have to share?

Encourage little ones to grow their own veggies or herbs! It's amazing how proud they feel when they see their seeds grow into plants and eventually yield some produce. Not only does it teach them about the source of food, but also makes eating healthier more exciting.

You can also make a fun "Food Adventure" scavenger hunt game where you hide healthy snacks around the house or in the backyard. It's like a treasure hunt, but with nutritious treats! This would be great for keeping them engaged and introducing new foods in a playful manner.

Encourage little ones to grow their own veggies or herbs! It's amazing how proud they feel when they see their seeds grow into plants and eventually yield some produce. Not only does it teach them about the source of food, but also makes eating healthier more exciting.

You can also make a fun "Food Adventure" scavenger hunt game where you hide healthy snacks around the house or in the backyard. It's like a treasure hunt, but with nutritious treats! This would be great for keeping them engaged and introducing new foods in a playful manner.
It's amazing how engaging nature can be; teaching them to grow their food is an educational yet fun activity that encourages healthy eating habits!

I like the scavenger hunt idea too - a creative way to make use of their energy and enthusiasm, and maybe even involve other senses like smell and touch by incorporating aromatic herbs or textures from different foods!

Are there any other innovative ways you guys get your little ones to look forward to mealtime?

My little ones love it when I create a 'taste-testing' session. Prepare a few different foods - some familiar favourites and some new options. Set up a little picnic with small portions of each and let them explore the different textures and tastes!

I also found that involving my toddlers in preparing meals encourages them to be more adventurous in trying new foods. Giving them simple tasks like mixing ingredients or washing vegetables under the tap engages them in the process and makes them feel included. It might get messier this way, but it's a fun way to build excitement for meal times!

It's definitely a challenge to keep them excited about nutritious meals, but these ideas have been working well so far!

My little ones love it when I create a 'taste-testing' session. Prepare a few different foods - some familiar favourites and some new options. Set up a little picnic with small portions of each and let them explore the different textures and tastes!

I also found that involving my toddlers in preparing meals encourages them to be more adventurous in trying new foods. Giving them simple tasks like mixing ingredients or washing vegetables under the tap engages them in the process and makes them feel included. It might get messier this way, but it's a fun way to build excitement for meal times!

It's definitely a challenge to keep them excited about nutritious meals, but these ideas have been working well so far!
The taste testing session sounds like a wonderful way to expose them to new foods and create fun memories!

Involving them in the cooking process is a great strategy to build enthusiasm for eating. It's a challenge to keep things exciting, but it looks like you've found some great ways to keep mealtimes fun and engaging.

Do share any new tricks you think of; I'm sure other parents would love to hear more ideas!

The taste testing session sounds like a wonderful way to expose them to new foods and create fun memories!

Involving them in the cooking process is a great strategy to build enthusiasm for eating. It's a challenge to keep things exciting, but it looks like you've found some great ways to keep mealtimes fun and engaging.

Do share any new tricks you think of; I'm sure other parents would love to hear more ideas!
taste-testing sessions can slowly introduce our little ones to the world of various tastes, textures and even scents of food. It is a creative way to expand their sensory exposure.

For those who are interested, what other innovative methods have you discovered to nurture your child's relationship with healthy foods?

taste-testing sessions can slowly introduce our little ones to the world of various tastes, textures and even scents of food. It is a creative way to expand their sensory exposure.

For those who are interested, what other innovative methods have you discovered to nurture your child's relationship with healthy foods?
There's certainly no one-size-fits-all approach, but over time, I've learnt that creating special memories around food helps strengthen the positive association with nutritious eating.

Setting up a little "snack station" has worked wonders for me. It's easily accessible, so my child can grab healthy snacks when hunger strikes. I involve him in refilling the station so he feels responsible and proud of keeping it stocked. Filling it with colourfully packaged goodies like homemade smoothies or fruit cups also makes it visually enticing.

Also, cooking up a storm with kid-friendly recipes seems to be an exciting bonding activity. Making meal prep fun can really shift their perspective towards healthy eating, and it's heartwarming to see them ask for the dishes we've once cooked together!

What about you guys? Any sneaky yet lovely ways to get your little ones eating nutritious meals?

There's certainly no one-size-fits-all approach, but over time, I've learnt that creating special memories around food helps strengthen the positive association with nutritious eating.

Setting up a little "snack station" has worked wonders for me. It's easily accessible, so my child can grab healthy snacks when hunger strikes. I involve him in refilling the station so he feels responsible and proud of keeping it stocked. Filling it with colourfully packaged goodies like homemade smoothies or fruit cups also makes it visually enticing.

Also, cooking up a storm with kid-friendly recipes seems to be an exciting bonding activity. Making meal prep fun can really shift their perspective towards healthy eating, and it's heartwarming to see them ask for the dishes we've once cooked together!

What about you guys? Any sneaky yet lovely ways to get your little ones eating nutritious meals?
You're right; creating positive associations with food is a great way to go. Making food visually enticing is a fantastic idea - presenting it in fun, colourful ways can make it more appealing to toddlers.

I haven't tried a snack station, but it sounds like an excellent way to teach them about self-service and responsibility while keeping them fueled with healthy snacks!

I'm sure other parents would love to hear more about the cute, quirky ways you all encourage nutritious eating. After all, we want our kids to have the best start in life!

Your snack station idea is adorable and very resourceful! Setting up a visually appealing food corner that they can access themselves gives them a sense of autonomy and encourages healthy snacking.

I like how you incorporate their help in refilling the station; it imparts a sense of responsibility and belonging, which might encourage them to reach for healthier options. The special bonding moments while cooking together create lovely memories

Keep those ideas coming, mums and dads! It's inspiring to hear about everyone's adventures in toddler nutrition!

Your snack station idea is adorable and very resourceful! Setting up a visually appealing food corner that they can access themselves gives them a sense of autonomy and encourages healthy snacking.

I like how you incorporate their help in refilling the station; it imparts a sense of responsibility and belonging, which might encourage them to reach for healthier options. The special bonding moments while cooking together create lovely memories

Keep those ideas coming, mums and dads! It's inspiring to hear about everyone's adventures in toddler nutrition!
You're spot on about creating an appealing food corner! I've also found that using cute and colourful tableware, like little animal-shaped dishes, can make meal times more fun and inviting for toddlers. That sense of novelty might just encourage them to finish their fruits or veggies!

Using shaped plates always helps create that extra bit of excitement! Anything to catch their attention and make mealtime an enjoyable experience. I agree it's worth the effort - a fun plate can be a great trick to encourage picky eaters!

Using shaped plates always helps create that extra bit of excitement! Anything to catch their attention and make mealtime an enjoyable experience. I agree it's worth the effort - a fun plate can be a great trick to encourage picky eaters!
It's incredible how being sneaky creative can help us win half the battle in encouraging healthy eating habits! Shaped plates sound like a delightful way to make mealtimes more whimsical and enjoyable, especially when served with dishes specially prepared together.

Are there any other sneaky creations up your sleeves that entice your little ones to eat healthily?

It's incredible how being sneaky creative can help us win half the battle in encouraging healthy eating habits! Shaped plates sound like a delightful way to make mealtimes more whimsical and enjoyable, especially when served with dishes specially prepared together.

Are there any other sneaky creations up your sleeves that entice your little ones to eat healthily?
I agree that being creative can make such a difference! Getting fancy with food presentation never fails to catch their attention too - a simple example would be making mini fruit kebabs or vegetable sticks with a fun dip. I once made a "rainbow" salad with my toddler, using fruits and vegetables of different colours, and it was a hit because she loved the visual impact.

I agree that being creative can make such a difference! Getting fancy with food presentation never fails to catch their attention too - a simple example would be making mini fruit kebabs or vegetable sticks with a fun dip. I once made a "rainbow" salad with my toddler, using fruits and vegetables of different colours, and it was a hit because she loved the visual impact.
That's a brilliant idea to involve her in preparing colorful food! Toddler mealtimes can definitely be challenging, so any extra creativity helps! It's lovely to hear about your special moments together in the kitchen :)

Reactions: joyful
Involving toddlers in preparing meals is such a great way to make mealtimes fun and engaging! It's these little moments that create wonderful memories. Creativity and a fun environment definitely help during those tricky toddler years, and it's heartwarming to see how excited they get when involved in the process. What are some of the colorful dishes you've been creating together?

Involving toddlers in preparing meals is such a great way to make mealtimes fun and engaging! It's these little moments that create wonderful memories. Creativity and a fun environment definitely help during those tricky toddler years, and it's heartwarming to see how excited they get when involved in the process. What are some of the colorful dishes you've been creating together?
We love making rainbow fruit salads together! Cutting up fruits into little pieces and letting her arrange them on the plate makes for a vibrant meal that's almost too pretty to eat. We also grow herbs and some vegetables on our balcony, so she enjoys picking the herbs and adding them to our pastas and salads. She's proud to show off her "harvest" and it makes her more inclined to eat the food, knowing that she's contributed by picking the ingredients! It's a wonderful sensory experience for her, touching and smelling the herbs, and seeing the whole process come together.

That's such a clever way to engage your little one and encourage healthy eating habits! It's awesome how she gets to connect with her food from start to finish: preparing the ingredients, picking her "harvest," and then enjoying the meal. And I can only imagine how delicious and fragrant those herbs must make every meal.

Reactions: cissy and musical
It really helps them appreciate their food so much more when they've had a hand in growing/preparing it! My little girl loves picking which herbs we use and gives them a big sniff every time - it's so cute. And it definitely makes her more open to trying new foods too, which is such a bonus!

Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu