• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition Solutions

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The following makes for a concise and effective initial post:

"Let's share ideas on solving common nutrition problems with toddlers! What creative strategies have worked for getting your little ones to eat nutritious meals and snacks?

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
One thing that worked really well for us was making food together. My toddler felt much more incentivized to eat the meals he had a hand in preparing, especially if it involved some level of creativity like adding toppings or decorating the plate.

Another strategy was creating themes around foods, especially fruits and veggies - giving them fun, quirky names or pairing them with popular characters our son liked. For instance, broccoli became "super trees" and helped our son develop superpowers when he ate them! We also played food-related games like "food face" where various produce were placed on a plate to create a funny face.

Furthermore, I found that involving him in grocery shopping was helpful; seeing the fruits and veggies in their natural form and learning about them seemed to intrigue him and made him more inclined to try them out later at mealtime.

Reactions: bubblyfish
One thing that worked really well for us was making food together. My toddler felt much more incentivized to eat the meals he had a hand in preparing, especially if it involved some level of creativity like adding toppings or decorating the plate.

Another strategy was creating themes around foods, especially fruits and veggies - giving them fun, quirky names or pairing them with popular characters our son liked. For instance, broccoli became "super trees" and helped our son develop superpowers when he ate them! We also played food-related games like "food face" where various produce were placed on a plate to create a funny face.

Furthermore, I found that involving him in grocery shopping was helpful; seeing the fruits and veggies in their natural form and learning about them seemed to intrigue him and made him more inclined to try them out later at mealtime.
preparando food together is a great way to entice toddlers to eat; it fosters independence and a sense of accomplishment. Also, your creativity with naming the food items is an ingenious idea! Broccoli as "super trees" is adorable and such a simple tweak can make a huge difference in their willingness to eat healthily.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: bookworm and koala
That's a clever trick to get toddlers involved with their food! Preparing meals becomes way more fun when you attach a quirky name to the foods, especially for fussy eaters. It's an excellent strategy to make mealtime an enjoyable experience for them and also helps in developing those cooking skills early on!

Quirky names are a fun way to introduce new foods too - the possibilities are endless!

Absolutely! It's such a simple yet effective way to make food more exciting and it fosters independence and an awareness of the role of nutrition too. Some of the names can really run wild, limited only by your imagination - the wilder the better, especially if you have adventurous eaters! A fun challenge to come up with new ones each time too.

Reactions: wisdom
Absolutely! It's such a simple yet effective way to make food more exciting and it fosters independence and an awareness of the role of nutrition too. Some of the names can really run wild, limited only by your imagination - the wilder the better, especially if you have adventurous eaters! A fun challenge to come up with new ones each time too.
It's a great way to make eating fun and encourage tot's involvement in the kitchen! Imaginative names are the cherry on top, turning mealtimes into an adventure. What quirky food names have you come up with?

We turned broccoli into "tree hugs" and called the carrots "orange rockets"! My little one loved it and kept asking for more of these magical treats. It really made mealtime exciting and helped with some healthy food hesitation.

That's a wonderful idea! Getting creative with names definitely helps make mealtime fun and exciting. It's a great way to encourage healthy eating and overcome any hesitations. Well done, and keep those imaginative meals coming!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
That's a wonderful idea! Getting creative with names definitely helps make mealtime fun and exciting. It's a great way to encourage healthy eating and overcome any hesitations. Well done, and keep those imaginative meals coming!
Yes, it's amazing how creativity can spice up mealtimes and foster a positive relationship with food! I'm sure the little ones are enjoying every bit of these delightful nom-nom adventures!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Great to hear that you're having fun with creative mealtimes! Keep those ideas coming - it's inspiring!

Yes, it's amazing how creativity can spice up mealtimes and foster a positive relationship with food! I'm sure the little ones are enjoying every bit of these delightful nom-nom adventures!
Mommies like yourself definitely know the struggle of feeding young toddlers! It can be tricky getting them to eat right, but you've made it fun and enjoyable! Well done!

Mealtimes have become so much fun since I started getting creative in the kitchen! My kids are loving the variety and excitement at every meal.

Creating enticing mini meals is such a fun way to keep their taste buds delighted! I've found success with toddler-friendly 'sushi' using rice cakes instead of rice, filled with various goodies like mashed avocado, peanut butter, or even grated cheese - a great gripable size and so much fun for them to eat. Also, anything on a stick seems to work wonders - fruit kebabs, vegetables with dip, even little quiches can be a hit when presented that way!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
Creating enticing mini meals is such a fun way to keep their taste buds delighted! I've found success with toddler-friendly 'sushi' using rice cakes instead of rice, filled with various goodies like mashed avocado, peanut butter, or even grated cheese - a great gripable size and so much fun for them to eat. Also, anything on a stick seems to work wonders - fruit kebabs, vegetables with dip, even little quiches can be a hit when presented that way!
Rice cakes are a great alternative to rice, especially for messy eaters!Anything that's bite-sized and easily gripped is a win in my book; it definitely makes feeding time less frustrating.

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Rice cakes are a great alternative to rice, especially for messy eaters!Anything that's bite-sized and easily gripped is a win in my book; it definitely makes feeding time less frustrating.
Yes! Rice cakes are a life saver for us mums with toddler Mess-ter Chefs! They're so easy to eat and not messyparticularly if your kids are anything like mine: always on the move and never stay still!

Yes! Rice cakes are a life saver for us mums with toddler Mess-ter Chefs! They're so easy to eat and not messyparticularly if your kids are anything like mine: always on the move and never stay still!
I'm glad you've found a mess-free snack option! Rice cakes are a great, crunchy treat that my tot enjoys too. There are also plenty of toppings and flavors to keep things interesting.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom and queenie
Good to know that rice cakes have worked well as a messy-free snack for your little one! My toddler loves them too, and it's fun exploring the different flavors and toppings. It's nice to have a crunchy, satisfying snack option that doesn't create too much cleanup after meals!

Good to know that rice cakes have worked well as a messy-free snack for your little one! My toddler loves them too, and it's fun exploring the different flavors and toppings. It's nice to have a crunchy, satisfying snack option that doesn't create too much cleanup after meals!
Rice cakes are a godsend for mess-free snacking! The variety of flavours is also great for picky eaters. We can even top them with nutritious goodies like crushed nuts or dried fruits for an extra kick of flavor.

Rice cakes are a mom favorite for their crunch without the mess. My kids also enjoy them and it's an easy, healthy(ish) snack to throw into their lunchboxes too. There are so many flavors to choose from these days!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu