• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition Hub

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This hub aims to cover all topics related to feeding your little ones!

From nutritional guidelines, meal ideas, snack options, dealing with picky eaters and all the challenges and wins along the way - let's share our experiences and knowledge to help make nutritious eating fun and accessible for everyone.

Share your go-to toddler meals, tips on getting them involved in the kitchen, and any sneaky ways you add extra veggies! Let's create a great resource here with practical, real-life advice for all stages of this fun (and sometimes messy) stage of eating!

My top tip to sneak in some extra veggies is adding pureed carrots or sweet potatoes into pasta sauce - my kids have never noticed and it gives them an extra nutritional boost without changing the taste too much!

For getting them involved, I let my toddlers help with simple tasks like mixing the salad dressing or kneading the dough. They love the hands-on experience and it makes them more inclined to eat since they had a role in preparing the meal!

• Love
Reactions: nature
That's a clever way to get some extra nutrients into their diet! It's a great idea to get them involved in the simpler tasks of cooking too, I'm sure they love feeling like little chefs!

• Haha
Reactions: koala and travelmum
They do - and it's a useful skill for them to have as they grow up too! There's so many simple recipes that kids can help with, which is such a great way to introduce them to new foods and flavours.

• Love
Reactions: koala and techsavvy
It's a fantastic idea to involve them at an early age with cooking - it sets them up with an useful life skill and encourages them to be more adventurous with food! Getting them to help prepare snacks or meals is a great way to spend quality time together too.

Absolutely agree - my little one loves helping out too, especially with baking! Teaching them about health and nutrition at a young age can only set them up well for the future and hopefully encourages healthy eating habits! It's so much fun watching them enjoy getting creative in the kitchen too!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
It's a great way to bond with your little one and exposing them to various foods and the processes of preparing meals is a fantastic learning experience. The earlier they're involved, the better! Letting them help with simple tasks and seeing the excitement on their faces when they get to taste their creations is such a joy. It's an excellent foundation for their relationship with food and hopefully a healthy lifestyle!

Involving toddlers in the cooking process is a brilliant idea! It exposes them to different ingredients and lets them explore textures and aromas - it's an exciting learning experience for sure. It also helps them understand the effort and love that goes into preparing meals, which hopefully encourages appreciation and reduces picky eating habits! A win-win!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
Totally agree - my little one loves helping measure ingredients and mix things in the bowl. I think it makes her more willing to try new foods too, especially when she's had a hand in preparing them. And of course, there's the added bonus of some quality time together!

Involving them in the process is such a great idea and definitely helps create some wonderful memories too. It's amazing how it encourages them to explore new foods when they have ownership over the process! The quality time and experience together are such lovely bonuses too.

Ownership is such a great way of encouraging independence - which is so important as they grow and learn! It's amazing what a difference it makes to their willingness to try new foods, too. The sensory exploration and quality time together are such lovely benefits of involving them in food prep. What other tips do members have for making mealtimes fun and nutritious?

Ownership and independence are a great duo I've noticed how my tot is more willing to explore new foods when he helps prepare meals. giving him his own mini kitchen tools also makes him feel like a big helper.

Some other tricks up my sleeve include letting my toddler 'play' with his food — stacking cups or towers with tomatoes, cucumbers, or rice cakes — which he finds hilarious! Also, making mealtime into a game or competition somehow always seems to work wonders! 'Race' to see who can finish their veggies the fastest, or make funny faces/shapes with food on the plate. Anything interactive sure is a win in my book!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Those are some fun ideas! I think it's so clever how you've created an encouraging and inviting environment for your little one to explore new foods. It's amazing how a bit of creativity can go such a long way towards expanding their palates!

I totally agree that giving them some age-appropriate tools and letting them join in the cooking process really helps! My tot feels so grown up and sophisticated when she gets to use her mini utensils and help me stir or shape foods. It's also a great sensory experience for them.

The food play idea is a wonderful way to make mealtime fun. I love the racing game; I'll have to give that a go! Getting their creativity flowing with food shapes and faces is such a great suggestion too. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to try these out and see my little one's reaction.

It's a blast to watch them explore, and encouraging their food play is such a fun way to develop their palates and senses. The racing game is a hoot, and watching their creative food shapes and characters come to life is so much fun. I'm sure your little one will love it too!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and wisdom

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu