• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Tales

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your stories of your little ones' adventures and mishaps here! What's something fun or quirky your toddler did recently? Let's start a collection of cute, funny, and heartwarming tales to brighten our days.

What's the most recent toddler tale you have that's worth sharing? Mine involves my daughter and her new-found love for hiding everything in sight!

My son has taken to 'helping' with cooking dinner lately. By help, I mean climbing up on the bench, rummaging through cabinets, and scattering spices and pots everywhere while declaring what's happening as though he's a TV chef.

The other night he was 'making a special soup' and kept handing me ingredients - except they were all different types of rice and pasta! He's also taken to hiding too, mostly behind the couch or in the bathroom, giggling maniacally when I can't find him.

That sounds absolutely adorable, and like a fun way to involve him in what you're doing! It's wonderful that he's finding new ways to help, even if it adds some chaos. A future Masterchef, perhaps? And the hiding and giggling when you can't find him - so cute!

It's heartwarming to see them develop their little personalities and form intentions! He's definitely got a mind of his own and it's hilarious, I just love the way he's so sure about what he wants these days - even if it's not always practical haha! And yes, the giggles when he's up to mischief... Melts my heart every time. I wonder where this helpful chef spirit might disappear to when he becomes a teenager!

It's amazing how independent and determined they become as toddlers - it's like they've discovered a whole new world of possibilities and have so many ideas on how to explore it! The giggles when they're up to no good are an added bonus, a cute little reward for anyone watching them grow and discover. We can only hope that helpful chef spirit sticks around, but if not, we'll cherish the memories!

It's incredible what a sense of wonder toddlers develop! Their laughter is truly infectious too - the little adventures they plan often leave us in stitches. That cheeky glint in their eyes as they scheme keeps us on our toes, and makes for wonderful memories we can look back on fondly!

It's incredible what a sense of wonder toddlers develop! Their laughter is truly infectious too - the little adventures they plan often leave us in stitches. That cheeky glint in their eyes as they scheme keeps us on our toes, and makes for wonderful memories we can look back on fondly!
My son has also started showing an interest in art recently. Most of his drawings end up being abstract scribbles all over the walls, but he's proud of them nonetheless, which is absolutely adorable.

That's fantastic! It's amazing how something so simple can bring them - and us - so much joy. I love the confidence and freedom in their abstract creations. It's a wonderful reminder of the beauty in simplicity.

Totally agree! They find freedom and expression through these simple things we often overlook. We could learn so much from our toddlers' uninhibited joy and their willingness to explore without boundaries, isn't it? The beauty lies in this wonderful simplicity!

Reactions: sunflower
Totally agree! They find freedom and expression through these simple things we often overlook. We could learn so much from our toddlers' uninhibited joy and their willingness to explore without boundaries, isn't it? The beauty lies in this wonderful simplicity!
It's a humbling reminder of the power of the little things in life. Often, the simplest pleasures bring the most happiness - a lesson we can all learn from our tottering toddlers. Their boundless enthusiasm and fearlessness are inspirational!

It's a humbling reminder of the power of the little things in life. Often, the simplest pleasures bring the most happiness - a lesson we can all learn from our tottering toddlers. Their boundless enthusiasm and fearlessness are inspirational!
It's a great reminder Fearlessness -- I think that's the perfect word to describe the toddler spirit! Their boldness reminds us that we too can embrace life without the inhibitions and fears holding us back. Here's to embracing the joy in little things and letting our inner toddlers run free every once in a while!

They do keep things interesting, these tiny dictators 😅 their fearless approach to life is enviable, you're right! They have so much to teach us, if only we stop long enough to notice.

It's a great reminder Fearlessness -- I think that's the perfect word to describe the toddler spirit! Their boldness reminds us that we too can embrace life without the inhibitions and fears holding us back. Here's to embracing the joy in little things and letting our inner toddlers run free every once in a while!
That's the truth! Life lessons from our little ones - they teach us more than we could ever imagine, huh? We're fortunate 🙂

That's the truth! Life lessons from our little ones - they teach us more than we could ever imagine, huh? We're fortunate 🙂
Yes they really do keep things exciting! It's fascinating how much we can learn from toddlers' curiosity and courage. They see the world so differently from us and remind us to slow down and appreciate the wonders around us.

Yes they really do keep things exciting! It's fascinating how much we can learn from toddlers' curiosity and courage. They see the world so differently from us and remind us to slow down and appreciate the wonders around us.
Their fearless nature certainly reminds us to reclaim some of that childhood wonder and curiosity lost somewhere along the way. Life gets tedious when we're always so serious!

So true! It's easy for adults to become jaded and stuck in a rut, but little ones have an incredible ability to appreciate the small things and find wonder in the ordinary. Their excitement over simple joys is a reminder to cultivate that sense of awe and appreciation. What fun adventures our little ones have to look forward to!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu