• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Play Ideas

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Here are some play ideas for toddlers:

1. Sensory Play with Balls: Fill containers of different textures and sizes with balls, and let your toddler explore and experience through their sense of touch.

2. Music Play: Gather various instruments like maracas, tambourines and bells and create a fun environment where your child can experiment and learn about music

3. Bubble Fun: Use bubbles to add fun to playtime by creating bubble wands for blowing and letting the bubbles interact with other objects for a unique sensory experience

4. Imagination Play: Encourage your toddler's imagination with simple props like cardboard boxes, blankets and different textures of fabric which can stimulate creativity.

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
I love these play ideas for toddlers! They're so simple yet promote exploration, creativity, and learning.

The sensory play with balls is especially interesting to me. Using different textures and sizes could help develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. I've also considered using a ball pit or a ball tray as an alternative, but this idea seems more accessible at home.

The music play activity also caught my attention. I had no idea maracas were good for toddlers, but it makes sense that they'd love the auditory effect of shaking them. The variety of instruments mentioned could be useful for teaching different rhythms and musical patterns.

Bubble fun sounds like a great way to get kids moving and excited about science. Creating bubble wands at home seems like a fun DIY project, and I've seen videos where kids interact with bubbles in creative ways.

I appreciate the emphasis on imagination play too. Cardboard boxes are always a hit with toddlers, and the use of different textures and fabrics can be a great way to encourage creativity and exploration. It's also nice that these activities promote parent-child interaction and bonding. How do you think these ideas compare to more structured educational activities for toddlers?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu