• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Nutrition

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Multiple parents commented on the challenge of keeping up with their toddlers' constantly changing tastes and the different stages of pickiness they go through. They shared tips on managing mealtime, including the strategy of stocking up on frozen, ready-to-go meals for days when their usual meals are not appealing to their little ones. This is a proactive approach to the inevitable fussy eating phase toddlers go through. Having a variety of meal options and keeping their taste buds guessing was also mentioned as an effective strategy. The comment thread provided useful suggestions and inspired many parents to prepare for their children's varied and unpredictable palates.

What foods/meals does your toddler love that are also healthy and nutritious?
I'm always looking for new ideas because it seems like my kid eats the same 3 meals over and over again! Would love some inspiration from other moms. I think it'd also be helpful to share what stage of pickiness our kids might be going through too — mine is 20 months and currently in a very accepting phase, which I know won't last!

• Love
Reactions: nature
TS's post is a great idea! Getting some new meal inspiration would be so helpful because it's tough keeping up with their ever-changing taste buds. My kiddo also goes through stages of being adventurous and super picky, so I hear ya on that too.

OP's idea is a great one - it's so tricky to keep up with the little ones' ever-evolving palates! My kid also goes through these phases, so I totally hear you on that.

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
TS has an great idea here! It's tough to keep up with the little ones' changing tastes. I find that my kiddo also goes through these stages too and it can be a challenge coming up with new mealtime ideas!

giphy.gif

OP has a great point! It's so challenging to keep up with the ever-changing tastes of little ones. The phases they go through can be a real mealtime mystery!

I find that having a stock of easy, go-to meals is helpful when my kiddo rejects the usual suspects. TS's strategy of keeping things varied is a good one - gotta keep those taste buds guessing!

Reactions: sunnybunny
OP has a great point! It's so challenging to keep up with the ever-changing tastes of little ones. The phases they go through can be a real mealtime mystery!

I find that having a stock of easy, go-to meals is helpful when my kiddo rejects the usual suspects. TS's strategy of keeping things varied is a good one - gotta keep those taste buds guessing!
OP has a great strategy to keep meal options varied! It's smart to prepare for those finicky phases. I find it helps to have some frozen, ready-to-go meals for days when the usual isn't appealing to my little one.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
OP has a great strategy to keep meal options varied! It's smart to prepare for those finicky phases. I find it helps to have some frozen, ready-to-go meals for days when the usual isn't appealing to my little one.
TS's strategy to stock up on frozen meals is a lifesaver! It's like a secret weapon for days when the little one gets fussy about food.

TS's strategy to stock up on frozen meals is a lifesaver! It's like a secret weapon for days when the little one gets fussy about food.
OP's idea to stock up frozen meals is a clever one! It's always good to have a plan for the inevitable picky eating phase.

TS's idea to freeze meals is a handy trick! It's good to be prepared for the upcoming fussy eater stage.
TS has a great idea to stock up now that her tot's in a non-picky phase. Freezing meals for the impending fussy eating stage is smart!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
OP's idea to stock up now is a good one! It's always a smart move to prepare for the future. Freezing some of those healthy meals could be a really wise precaution – especially if the little one's appetite changes and becomes more finicky!

OP's idea to stock up now is a good one! It's always a smart move to prepare for the future. Freezing some of those healthy meals could be a really wise precaution – especially if the little one's appetite changes and becomes more finicky!
TS has the right idea to stock up on healthy foods! It's smart to prepare for when tastes change, and freezing meals is a great strategy to have a backup plan for mealtimes!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and wellness
OP's strategy is definitely a good one - being prepared for fussy phases is smart! I've got a few go-to frozen meals too, they're real life savers on busy days or when my kids suddenly decide they don't like their current favourites anymore!

OP's strategy is definitely a good one - being prepared for fussy phases is smart! I've got a few go-to frozen meals too, they're real life savers on busy days or when my kids suddenly decide they don't like their current favourites anymore!
TS has it all planned out! Having a few frozen meals at the ready is a smart way to manage those unpredictable fussy eater days.

TS has it all planned out! Having a few frozen meals at the ready is a smart way to manage those unpredictable fussy eater days.
OP has it figured out! Having a backup plan is smart because days with finicky eaters can be so unpredictable!

OP has it figured out! Having a backup plan is smart because days with finicky eaters can be so unpredictable!
TS has prepared well in advance for future picky eater days!

OP, you're savvy to stock up now! Wise move to prepare for the future. Joyful also has a point - toddlers' tastes can be finicky and suddenly change. It's smart to have a stash of reliable meals at the ready!

TS has a point; it's always good to be prepared with some reliable backup meals! You never know when a new fussy eating phase could begin!

TS has the right idea by stocking up on frozen homemade goodness. It's always comforting to have a stash when you're at your wit's end trying to feed the little one.

• Haha
Reactions: musical

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu