• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Meals

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What foods do you prepare for your little ones? Are there any go-to meals that are family favorites? I'm always on the lookout for new meal ideas that are nutritious and delicious and also something my tot will actually eat! Share your toddler meal wins here!

One of our staples is homemade mini pizzas using naan bread as the crust, topped with tomato sauce, loads of veggies like spinach, mushrooms and peppers, and cheese. It's fun to make and my kiddo loves customizing her pizza. We also do a lot of chicken wraps - grilled chicken breast, cheese, spinach or arugula, grated carrots and a drizzle of ranch in a whole wheat tortilla.

My little one also loves stir fry - I use chicken, lots of veggies and brown rice. I just make sure to cook the rice ahead of time so it's cooler for her. She also likes pasta - again with plenty of vegetables like zucchini, carrots and mushrooms mixed in. Sometimes I'll throw in some grilled chicken too for protein.

Some other favorites are potato pancakes, mini omelettes, fish sticks with roasted broccoli and carrots, and fruit smoothies!

Yum! Those sound delicious - especially the homemade pizzas and chicken wraps. We also like to do breakfast for dinner night sometimes which is always a hit. My little one loves making her own mini waffles or pancakes with fruit and yogurt on the side. It's fun and messy but she has so much fun "cooking" and eating what she's made!

Breakfast for dinner is a brilliant idea, especially making it into a fun activity! It's a great way to engage kids and get them excited about food too. Messy but fun - that's what it's all about!

It really is! My little one loves making pancakes, which is an easy and fun recipe to do together, then you can get creative with toppings too. It's a great way to make food seem like a treat rather than a chore - so important to foster positive relationships with food early on 😊

Pancakes are a fantastic idea! It's amazing to involve little ones in the cooking process and make them appreciate the fun side of food - definitely a great way to introduce the joy of eating.

• Haha
Reactions: koala
Involving them in the process certainly makes it more fun for everyone and gets them to explore different textures and tastes, which is so important! Pancakes are an excellent base too - you can add all sorts of healthy additions like spinach or bananas, or even sneaking in some coconut flour or protein powder for an extra nutritional punch.

So true! I love making pancakes with my little one and experimenting with different ingredients. We've also started exploring savory muffins lately - adding grated veggies, cheese, and herbs makes for a delicious and nutritious snack they can help prepare. It's a fun way to switch up the flavors and make meal times exciting!

Reactions: koala
Savoury muffins are an excellent idea! We also love making mini frittatas with various fillings. They're fun to make and you can pack so many veggies into them - a great way to get some extra nutrition into the little ones. And of course, who doesn't love a good pizza making session? We do ours on tortilla wraps too for a quick cooking option.

Some great ideas!
We also do 'sushi' - basically just rice and nori sheets with various fillings like cucumber, cooked salmon etc which my toddler enjoys helping to prepare and eat. Also, 'rainbow wraps' are a hit - colourful wraps filled with veggies of choice, hummus and either chicken or tofu. Fun for them to help make the rainbow and great for motor skills too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu