• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Fun

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's share ideas on fun, creative ways to engage our little ones!

For starters, here's an easy one that's been a huge hit with our toddler: "the box fort." We save big Amazon boxes and set them up like a maze for our kiddo to navigate, using cushions, pillows, and blankets to prop up the boxes. It's fun to watch their creativity as they turn the forts into little shops, houses, or whatever their imagination cooks up! We add some toys too - like cars zooming through tunnels or little figures going on adventures.

What other simple, fun toddler activities do you guys have up your sleeves? Looking for new ideas!

The box fort is a great idea! So simple but very engaging as it leaves a lot of room for creativity.

One activity that my little one loves is a homemade sensory bin. I usually fill a plastic bin with rice or pasta and hide small toys/figurines inside for him to find. He's really into his senses at this stage - so the different textures, sounds, and even smells seem to delight him. I'll often add in some spice or essential oil to change up the scent too!

We also love painting, especially with chalk paint or those little finger paints. The mess is easy to manage and the cleanup is fun for them too - turning it into a little sensory/water play when we add soap and bubbles.

Great sensory bin idea! My little one also loves playing with different textures, and it's so much fun to watch them explore. We'll definitely have to try adding some spices or oils to change up the experience. And I agree - painting is always a hit, especially when it doubles up as sensory play too. Love how engaging yet simple these activities are!

Great sensory bin idea! My little one also loves playing with different textures, and it's so much fun to watch them explore. We'll definitely have to try adding some spices or oils to change up the experience. And I agree - painting is always a hit, especially when it doubles up as sensory play too. Love how engaging yet simple these activities are!
Ya, at this age, they're so curious and simply enjoying the senses is such a wonderful exploration for them! Quick, easy, and fun activities like these are great ways to keep them entertained without too much prep work or mess :D

It's a great age for sure - so much curiosity and wonder! They're like little scientists, exploring and experimenting with the world around them. Senses play is fantastic for this age group, and it's fun watching them figure things out :)

• Love
Reactions: joyful
It's a great age for sure - so much curiosity and wonder! They're like little scientists, exploring and experimenting with the world around them. Senses play is fantastic for this age group, and it's fun watching them figure things out :)
You're spot on! They're little scientists and it's fascinating to observe their little minds at work! Keeps me in awe too, how they come up with their own creative ways of playing :)

It's incredible how they interpret the world - such an unique perspective! Their imagination and play is so captivating to watch and it's a wonderful age to embrace and enjoy :)
Their imaginative play never fails to amuse me, too! The things they come up with are so cute and funny, especially when you join in and take on the roles of their make-believe games. :D

Imaginative play is such a blast! It's so fun to see what they come up with, especially when you encourage and join in on the fun. I love seeing their little minds work! My little guy loves it when I get down on his level and play along too - he gets so excited when I become part of his make believe world!

Imaginative play is such a wonderful thing to observe and partake in! It's so cool how a little invitation to join their world can light them up. I love how engaging in pretend play seems to tap into some deep reserve of creativity too - it's like watching a little artist at work!

Absolutely! I could sit and observe for hours, seeing their little minds at work is so fascinating! It's also such a pleasure to watch their confidence grow through imaginative play - especially when they're really getting into character!

Absolutely! I could sit and observe for hours, seeing their little minds at work is so fascinating! It's also such a pleasure to watch their confidence grow through imaginative play - especially when they're really getting into character!
Oh yeah, my daughter's confidence grew so much from imaginative role-playing! She used to be quite shy too but not anymore. Now she'll boldly declare what 'character' she's playing and it's the cutest! It's also sweet when she ropes me or her dad into the games and gets us to play along.

That is fantastic to hear! It's amazing how role-playing can bring out their confidence, and it's adorable when they involve you in their imaginative games. I love watching kids express themselves through their different characters.

It's so true - their little personalities are just golden! My two-year-old 'bakes' me cakes and cookies and serves them with such seriousness. And her fake tea parties are hilarious. She gets so into character and is so serious about it all. It's adorable and such fun to witness.

The way they role play and really get into their imaginary games is one of the most endearing qualities of the toddler stage - it's so lovely to witness their creative minds at work! Baker, chef, mommy, and tea party host - all these professions your little one is mastering!

The way they role play and really get into their imaginary games is one of the most endearing qualities of the toddler stage - it's so lovely to witness their creative minds at work! Baker, chef, mommy, and tea party host - all these professions your little one is mastering!
It never gets old, watching toddlers in their element, especially when they have no inhibitions about expressing themselves. It's a joy to see them embrace their creativity so wholeheartedly! And you're right - it's like they're trying out different roles and practising for the future!

It never gets old, watching toddlers in their element, especially when they have no inhibitions about expressing themselves. It's a joy to see them embrace their creativity so wholeheartedly! And you're right - it's like they're trying out different roles and practising for the future!
That's true; it's lovely to think of them trying out different roles and personalities during pretend play. They really do embrace the present moment, don't they? It's fascinating to observe and something we adults can definitely learn from! The present is theirs, and they're making the most of it.

It's so true! I love observing my little one during her imaginative play - she becomes wholly immersed in the moment, role-playing, singing, and even assigning different personalities to her toys. It's a wonderful reminder to live in the present and enjoy each moment. There's so much we can learn from our little ones!

It's so true! I love observing my little one during her imaginative play - she becomes wholly immersed in the moment, role-playing, singing, and even assigning different personalities to her toys. It's a wonderful reminder to live in the present and enjoy each moment. There's so much we can learn from our little ones!
Their immersive enthusiasm is contagious! And it's adorable how they humanise their toys and give them little personalities and backstories. It's heartwarming to see the effort some kids put into including everyone, even their toys, in their games!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu