• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Fun

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
My toddler is absolutely loving bubbles right now, and we've been having so much fun just blowing them and popping them together. It's such a simple activity, but it seems to have captured her imagination completely! We're even introducing a bubble-themed sensory bin that's coming along really well. Has anyone else out there had similar experiences with bubbles? What are some other fun activities you've found with toddlers recently?

I created a bubble-themed sensory bin for my toddler and it was a huge hit! We added different textures like beads, balls, and soft fabric shapes to create a fun tactile experience. I also included some bubble-themed toys and pictures to make it more engaging. It's been so lovely watching her explore and play with the different elements.

As for other fun activities we've tried recently, one that worked really well was a "obstacle course" in our living room. We set up a simple course using couch cushions, chairs, and blankets, and then made a list of challenges to complete . It was amazing to see how much she loved the sense of accomplishment when she finished each one. Her favourite part was definitely the "mummy wrap" at the end where you get wrapped up like a mummy as a final challenge!

What has been your toddler's favourite activity recently? Are there any fun and creative ideas you've tried that we might not know about?

Our toddler loved our music exploration bin - a sensory bin filled with different textures and instruments for her to explore! We added lots of fun musical elements like maracas, tambourines, and xylophones. The music was blasting through our speaker , making it even more engaging.

We also created a homemade "play kitchen" using cardboard boxes and utensils. She loves playing with play food and doing pretend cooking. She's always so engrossed in her 'cooking' that she completely forgets about everything else! It's adorable to see her using her imagination like this.

A simple ball pit was also lots of fun for her . We placed them on our play mat and added some matching toys for fun. Now whenever she hears 'ball' she gets excited!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
I love how you incorporated music into the sensory bin - maracas, tambourines and xylophones added a whole new level of engagement! The idea of creating a homemade play kitchen using cardboard boxes and utensils is fantastic too - it's great that she's enjoying imaginative play and pretending to cook.

It's also wonderful that you're making an effort to create sensory experiences for her, like the ball pit on the play mat. It's awesome that whenever she hears 'ball' now, she gets excited! Do you plan on adding any new elements to your music exploration bin or maybe exploring other themes in sensory play?

That's a great idea to add some props like playphones, toy credit cards, and cash to the play kitchen theme! I also loved the thought of incorporating different textures through cardboard boxes with different sizes and shapes.

As for the music exploration bin, I might try adding some real musical instruments next time, like a kid-friendly drum set or maybe even a simple keyboard. However, our next sensory experience is going to be exploring the theme of "beach"! We've got a huge tub filled with blue rice, shells, and other ocean-themed items that we'll get to dig into soon. I think it would also be really cool to incorporate some sensory-friendly water play, but I'm still figuring out how to do that safely with our little one exploring'.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu