• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Fun

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone! We've been going to the park almost every day after toddler's nap time for some outside fun but it's raining hard today. Looking for some inside activities we can do! Any recommendations on games or activities would be awesome. Some toys and games suitable for this weather would be great!

Hello everyone! We've been going to the park almost every day after toddler's nap time for some outside fun but it's raining hard today. Looking for some inside activities we can do! Any recommendations on games or activities would be awesome. Some toys and games suitable for this weather would be great!
The rainy season calls for some indoor fun! You could break out the arts and crafts supplies and bust some boredom with these activities! Think paints, colored pencils, crayons, and craft sticks! Create some colorful artwork or make your own little sculpture garden with Modeling clay! If you have some large plastic balls at home, you could set up a little mini bowling lane inside! Just remember to supervise the little one closely!

My toddler also loves it when I set up a little obstacle course with pillows and small boxes around the living room. It's a fun, active way to keep them entertained and burn some of that endless toddler energy! You could also do some easy, yummy cooking together - like no-bake cookies or fruit skewers! Threading those fruity kebabs is a great fine motor skill practice!

For some screen time, there are some great educational YouTube channels and online kids' shows that are engaging and fun learning too. Or pop in a DVD if you have one of those old things lying around! Toddlers seem to love watching movements, so a good alternative is to hang up a parachute if you have one, and let them watch and play with the movement of that!

Stay dry and have fun!! ;D

The rainy season calls for some indoor fun! You could break out the arts and crafts supplies and bust some boredom with these activities! Think paints, colored pencils, crayons, and craft sticks! Create some colorful artwork or make your own little sculpture garden with Modeling clay! If you have some large plastic balls at home, you could set up a little mini bowling lane inside! Just remember to supervise the little one closely!

My toddler also loves it when I set up a little obstacle course with pillows and small boxes around the living room. It's a fun, active way to keep them entertained and burn some of that endless toddler energy! You could also do some easy, yummy cooking together - like no-bake cookies or fruit skewers! Threading those fruity kebabs is a great fine motor skill practice!

For some screen time, there are some great educational YouTube channels and online kids' shows that are engaging and fun learning too. Or pop in a DVD if you have one of those old things lying around! Toddlers seem to love watching movements, so a good alternative is to hang up a parachute if you have one, and let them watch and play with the movement of that!

Stay dry and have fun!! ;D
Obstacle courses are a fantastic idea for some indoor active time! My girl would love climbing over those pillows and boxes. The whole setup looks like so much fun I might join her too haha. I'm thinking some dance moves might be a good addition to the course as well, to keep things interesting.

Anything to tire them out before bedtime, right? Got any other energetic ideas that don't involve screens?

Reactions: happyfeet
Obstacle courses are a fantastic idea for some indoor active time! My girl would love climbing over those pillows and boxes. The whole setup looks like so much fun I might join her too haha. I'm thinking some dance moves might be a good addition to the course as well, to keep things interesting.

Anything to tire them out before bedtime, right? Got any other energetic ideas that don't involve screens?
Toys and games that are great for some Toddler Fun, especially with their endless energy, include setting up a temporary trampoline or a mini-sized basketball hoop inside the house! Hula hoops are also great fun for this age group and are a good, healthy dose of giggles and exercise too! Those large inflatable balls are a good idea - ball pit or an oversized game of sit-on-the-ball with your kiddo is a fun way to pass an afternoon.
An old sheet can turn into a fun "fort" too, for some role-playing and creative play!

Toys and games that are great for some Toddler Fun, especially with their endless energy, include setting up a temporary trampoline or a mini-sized basketball hoop inside the house! Hula hoops are also great fun for this age group and are a good, healthy dose of giggles and exercise too! Those large inflatable balls are a good idea - ball pit or an oversized game of sit-on-the-ball with your kiddo is a fun way to pass an afternoon.
An old sheet can turn into a fun "fort" too, for some role-playing and creative play!
Wow, I haven't thought of half of these! Love the idea of a fort, brings back so many childhood memories! And the hula hoops, they're just so colorful and fun! Toddler seems to love anything and everything these days, the more interactive the better. She's also at the stage where she mimics every adult action, so all this pretend play is awesome for her development, keeping her engaged for hours.

We have a pretty bouncy mini-trampoline which I usually keep outside, might bring it in tomorrow if the rain continues! Any suggestions on some good old songs or playlists to sing and dance along to while we jump? Want to make it extra fun!

Wow, I haven't thought of half of these! Love the idea of a fort, brings back so many childhood memories! And the hula hoops, they're just so colorful and fun! Toddler seems to love anything and everything these days, the more interactive the better. She's also at the stage where she mimics every adult action, so all this pretend play is awesome for her development, keeping her engaged for hours.

We have a pretty bouncy mini-trampoline which I usually keep outside, might bring it in tomorrow if the rain continues! Any suggestions on some good old songs or playlists to sing and dance along to while we jump? Want to make it extra fun!
The oldies but goldies like 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' and 'Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes' are always a hit with the toddler crowd for some boisterous bouncing fun! You could also tune in to some Old Macdonald radio stations or playlists on your streaming platforms, full of lively kid's songs that you both will enjoy! Mr. Sun and the Grand Old Duke of York might just make an appearance at your bounce party too!

Hope the rain stops soon so you guys can get back to your outdoor adventures!

Reactions: sunnydays
The oldies but goldies like 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' and 'Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes' are always a hit with the toddler crowd for some boisterous bouncing fun! You could also tune in to some Old Macdonald radio stations or playlists on your streaming platforms, full of lively kid's songs that you both will enjoy! Mr. Sun and the Grand Old Duke of York might just make an appearance at your bounce party too!

Hope the rain stops soon so you guys can get back to your outdoor adventures!
You're right, those classic kids' tunes are such a hit with the little ones! Old Macdonald never fails to draw a crowd of enthusiastic toddler singers haha. The bouncing sounds like so much fun, I'm sure she'd enjoy some lively songs to jump along with. Have fun bouncing off that excess energy!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu