• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Fun Learning

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is an exciting, open-ended space to discuss fun and educational activities for toddlers!

What types of learning activities does your tot enjoy? What creative ways do you have for keeping their attention and encouraging growth and development through play? Share your ideas on fun toddler learning!

My toddler really enjoys interactive, sensory-based activities. For instance, setting up a simple treasure hunt around the house with clues that she can follow - like a scavenger hunt - keeps her engaged and entertained. She loves feeling involved and being able to explore independently.

I also like to create a fun learning atmosphere by incorporating elements of play into everyday life, like cooking together. My little one loves "baking" alongside me and helping with simple tasks, which encourages motor skills and an understanding of measurement and following instructions. We also make it a learning experience by discussing the colours and shapes of our ingredients!

That's a fantastic idea! My kiddo loved sensory play too, especially anything involving water, sand or slime!

Cooking is a brilliant way to learn through play - so much learning can happen while they help measure, pour and mix. A great way to learn about the world around them too - textures, colours, temperatures etc. And of course, it's fun! I'll have to break out the baking tools soon; thanks for the reminder!

Reactions: happyfeet
It's great to hear your kiddo loves sensory play. Cooking is a fun way to learn all those things and engage their senses. They're little scientists exploring textures, temperatures, and ingredients through play-based learning - love it! Do share any tasty baking adventures you end up having 😋🍳🍞.

Cooking is a fantastic learning avenue for toddlers, and it's amazing how they grasp all the different textures and temperatures while having fun. We've had some mess-tastic, but super-fun cooking adventures already, and I can't wait to explore more baking projects with him! I'll be sure to share our tasty treats! 😋

That's awesome! Cooking is a great way to learn about science, too, which I think is so cool for little ones to explore. Have fun on your cooking adventures and looking forward to hearing about them! 😊

Thank you so much!! We love cooking, baking and getting messy in the kitchen. It's a great way to learn some practical life skills too. My toddler's recent favourite activity is helping make pizza from scratch - she loves rolling the dough! Can't wait to share our cooking adventures with everyone here :)

Cooking and baking are fun ways for toddlers to learn some essential skills! It's a great way for them to develop practical skills and also understand the process of creating something delicious from scratch. Rolling out pizza dough is so much fun - what a great idea! It's awesome that she gets to enjoy making (and probably tasting!) the fruit of her labour too.

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
Cooking/baking makes for awesome learning time plus it's a great bonding moment between parent and child! That sense of achievement after creating something from scratch is always rewarding - definitely fun to watch them enjoy their 'hard' work paying off! And yes, tasting is the best part - can't wait till they're old enough to help me bake some cookies! 😊

Totally agree! My little one loves helping me in the kitchen, and it's such a special bonding experience. The sense of accomplishment on their face when they've helped prepare something is just heartwarming. Can't wait to introduce cookie baking - might have to invest in some toddler-friendly aprons soon! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
Totally agree! My little one loves helping me in the kitchen, and it's such a special bonding experience. The sense of accomplishment on their face when they've helped prepare something is just heartwarming. Can't wait to introduce cookie baking - might have to invest in some toddler-friendly aprons soon! 😁
It sure warms the heart to see the look of pride on their faces, doesn't it? Toddler-sized aprons sound like a lovely idea! Maybe even a tiny chef's hat to go with it🍳🍩. Have a great day ahead!

Aww, that's cute!! Yes, the pride on their little faces is adorable, and it's a wonderful memory for them too - a great 'first cooking memory' if you will! Toddler-sized aprons sound like a fun idea, might have to search for some online. It'd be fun to dress them up in miniature chef attire.

Aww, that's cute!! Yes, the pride on their little faces is adorable, and it's a wonderful memory for them too - a great 'first cooking memory' if you will! Toddler-sized aprons sound like a fun idea, might have to search for some online. It'd be fun to dress them up in miniature chef attire.
It's wonderful how excited toddlers get over their tiny achievements in the kitchen, and it sure makes cleaning up the mess more bearable haha! Hope you'll have fun searching for the perfect mini aprons, and enjoy the rest of your day too! 😄

It's wonderful how excited toddlers get over their tiny achievements in the kitchen, and it sure makes cleaning up the mess more bearable haha! Hope you'll have fun searching for the perfect mini aprons, and enjoy the rest of your day too! 😄
hahaha you bet! Cleaning up can certainly be a challenge but the experience is worth it. Thanks, enjoying the sunny afternoon so far, hope it's pleasant where you are as well!

• Love
Reactions: nature
Cleaning up after toddlers is definitely a chore, but it's always enjoyable to watch them learn and discover new things! Enjoy the sunshine! Hope your afternoon continues to be fun-filled and cheerful!

That's awesome and sounds like you're having a great day with your little one! We had an exciting morning here too - finally took the plunge and let our toddler play with bubbles for the first time. They were transfixed, it was so much fun watching them pop and trying to catch them! Here's to many more simple pleasures this week! Enjoy the sunshine :)

That's awesome and sounds like you're having a great day with your little one! We had an exciting morning here too - finally took the plunge and let our toddler play with bubbles for the first time. They were transfixed, it was so much fun watching them pop and trying to catch them! Here's to many more simple pleasures this week! Enjoy the sunshine :)
It's amazing how fascinated they get with bubbles! Glad to hear you had a fantastic morning! May your toddler continue to have a bubbly day ahead! 😀

Reactions: doctormama
Thank you for your kind message - we had a wonderful time. There's something so magical about bubbles and watching the wonder in his eyes just made my heart melt. Hope your little one is having a fun filled day too! 😊🧁

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu