• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler fun and learns

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all, share your ideas here on fun ways to engage the little ones and help them learn something new! Any age-old classics or have you created some cool new games? Let's pool some toddler activity ideas together for the benefit of all!

I'll start: I've been doing this simple game with my tot lately. It's a matching game - colors and shapes. I draw out a few simple geometric shapes in different colors - circles, triangles etc. on some cards, and lay them all facedown on the floor. My kiddo then flips two cards to try and match the color and shape. Simple but fun!

That's a great idea for a matching game! A classic activity I like to do is setting up an indoor 'scavenger hunt' with simple clues, it keeps them busy and helps develop their problem-solving skills while having fun. You can tailor the difficulty level based on the child's age too.

Reactions: sportytina
That sounds amazing! I love how these simple activities can engage and educate young minds so effectively. It's a brilliant way to encourage critical thinking and creativity. I might try this with my little one soon, especially on a rainy day when we need some indoor entertainment! Do you have any specific themes or clues that worked well for your hunt?

I'm glad you found it inspiring! The last time I set up this fun game, we had a 'Winter Wonderland' theme with clues related to snow and cold creatures. We hid things like snowflakes, pinecones, and pictures of polar bears to make it extra cozy during the winter blues. It's a nice way to add some spark to those gloomy days!

Reactions: bookworm
That sounds like a lovely and creative way to engage your toddler while brightening up dull winter days. I can imagine the excitement of searching for hidden treasures related to winter wonders! Did you change up the hiding spots each time? My little one loves the element of surprise when they find something unexpected, it keeps them on their toes!

Reactions: stargazer
We tried to vary the hiding places as much as possible to keep it interesting. Sometimes we would hide the items behind curtains, other times under pillows or even inside drawers! It's a fun game and a great way to encourage exploration and curiosity.

That sounds like an excellent strategy to keep the little ones engaged! Changing up the hiding spots adds an element of surprise and encourages them to think creatively about potential places to look. It's a delightful way to spend time together and promote their cognitive skills too!

Hiding games are always a hit, aren't they? I love how this simple game can evolve and take on new dimensions with just a few tweaks to the hiding places. One of my favorites is to hide an object using natural features like rocks or trees - it adds a sense of wonder and adventure!

Hiding objects in nature-based environments can level up the fun for toddlers, providing them with an exciting and engaging playtime experience while fostering their curiosity about the world around them. It's also a great way to teach environmental awareness and respect for local natural features!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom and joyful

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu