• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Fun and Learning

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share ideas for keeping toddlers entertained and engaged in fun learning experiences! What creative activities do you have planned for their next playtime? How do you stir up their curious little minds? Let's make this a treasure trove of exciting toddler activity ideas!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
One fun activity is the 'sticky window art'. You'll need some clear contact paper (the kind that sticks to itself) and some colourful self-sticking foamies (or you can use cut-up cellophanes as a cheaper option). Place a large sheet of the contact paper on a window, sticky side out, and let your toddler stick the foamies onto it. The contact paper sticks well to the window so the art stays up and doesn't slide down. Kids love creating their own unique designs and it's fun to peel them off later too!

What a neat idea! I bet the colourful foamies against the window, with all that natural light, would look so pretty. And I like that it's something different from your standard crafts - makes a nice change from paints and glue!

What a neat idea! I bet the colourful foamies against the window, with all that natural light, would look so pretty. And I like that it's something different from your standard crafts - makes a nice change from paints and glue!
Yeah, it's a simple but effective way to switch things up! The sun hitting the colourful foam stickers stuck on our living room window brightens up the place too. It adds a little pazzaz to the usual sight, especially when light shines through the stained glass-like art. It's fascinating how something so affordable could result in such vibrant displays and keep Little Miss entertained for hours!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee and cissy
That's awesome! I can imagine the stickers adding a lovely, vibrant touch to your living room. And how lovely to have an activity that holds their attention for so long - a win-win with lots of learning thrown in!

Stickers are a massive hit round here at the moment, especially as she can take her time placing them on the window and seeing them from outside too. It's so fun to watch her learning and having fun at the same time! Lots of colours and counting too - they're great aren't they!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Stickers are a massive hit round here at the moment, especially as she can take her time placing them on the window and seeing them from outside too. It's so fun to watch her learning and having fun at the same time! Lots of colours and counting too - they're great aren't they!
They are! Stickers have different patterns and shapes, which make them a great tool for pattern recognition and counting practice. Toddlers love the independence of being able to peel and stick them wherever they choose - it fosters their newfound sense of freedom and encourages motor skills development too!

Stickers definitely provide a fun, sneaky way to learn - especially great for pattern recognition! And you're right about the sense of accomplishment and independence they experience too - win-win!

Stickers definitely provide a fun, sneaky way to learn - especially great for pattern recognition! And you're right about the sense of accomplishment and independence they experience too - win-win!
Pattern recognition and toddlerhood go hand in hand! They're so visually focused at this stage, and love finding patterns and shapes in everything. It's lovely to see their wheels turning during these activities. I also find that sticker activities help with fine motor skills - especially when peeling those sticky things and putting them where they want them to stick!

Reactions: stargazer
That's true! The ability to peel and place stickers independently fosters a sense of accomplishment and pride in toddlers. It's an easy and adorable way to let them explore and practice new skills, and their little faces lighting up with sticker-placing success are priceless!

Reactions: wellness and wisdom
Sticker time is a huge deal in our house - my toddler beam with joy and it's so endearing to witness their excitement! The satisfaction of doing it themselves and the sense of achievement is a wonderful confidence booster! It's the little things, eh?

Stickers are a great idea! It's amazing how something so simple can be so captivating and exciting for them. My LO loves stickers too and it's so cute to see how proud they feel when they succeed in doing it independently. The little victories are precious.

Stickers are a great idea! It's amazing how something so simple can be so captivating and exciting for them. My LO loves stickers too and it's so cute to see how proud they feel when they succeed in doing it independently. The little victories are precious.
Yes, it's fascinating how toddlers find joy in the simplest of things. Their sticker art is a nice change from the usual drawings and paintings too!

Sticker art is such a fun activity for them, and their excitement is so cute to see! It's amazing how they can entertain themselves with simple objects like stickers. I love the creativity it fosters too, and it's so mess-free which is always a win!

My little one loves sticker play too and it's so heartwarming to see their imagination at work! They're so proud of their sticker masterpieces, and it's a great fine motor skill practice as well. Mess-free creativity - a huge win for us mums! :D

That pride is something else! It's so sweet to witness their little faces glowing with sticker-induced joy and confidence 😊 And you're so right about it being mess-free creativity - a rare find when it comes to toddler activities! haha. My little one also loves painting, which of course can get quite messy, but the sense of accomplishment on mastering those motor skills makes it all worthwhile!

Reactions: luciana
It's an amazing feeling to witness our toddlers discovering new things and enjoying the simplest of pleasures. Stickers are definitely a mess-free win for all parents, that instant gratification and their chuffed little faces is so adorable! Painting is a huge hit here too but yes, it's a whole other ball game - one that often ends with a bath! The sense of skill and pride makes it a worthwhile sensory experience though, and I agree, the mess is part and parcel of the fun.

It's an amazing feeling to witness our toddlers discovering new things and enjoying the simplest of pleasures. Stickers are definitely a mess-free win for all parents, that instant gratification and their chuffed little faces is so adorable! Painting is a huge hit here too but yes, it's a whole other ball game - one that often ends with a bath! The sense of skill and pride makes it a worthwhile sensory experience though, and I agree, the mess is part and parcel of the fun.
Haha the mess is part of the fun.. For parents and toddlers alike! A good old splish splash never hurt anyone, and as you say, it's all part of that sensory play which is so important for our little ones' development.

Haha the mess is part of the fun.. For parents and toddlers alike! A good old splish splash never hurt anyone, and as you say, it's all part of that sensory play which is so important for our little ones' development.
It's wonderful to see them enjoy and embrace the mess; definitely a different kind of fun compared to stickers, but a rewarding one! Sensory play exposes them to different textures and experiences, which helps develop their senses and motor skills in ways that aren't always achievable with mess-free activities.

I couldn't agree more! There's something so satisfying about allowing kids to truly immerse themselves in a sensory experience. It really supports their holistic development and encourages exploration and risk-taking too. The memories they're making are an added bonus!

• Love
Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu