• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Tips To Save Time

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Several time-saving tips were discussed, including meal prepping, ingredient preparation, and weekly planning sessions for a more efficient routine. Visual aids and meal planning apps like ‘Mealime’ with features like consolidated grocery lists and recipe inspiration also help save time and effort. Online grocery shopping is recommended as it saves time, prevents impulse buying, and offers high-quality produce delivered right to your doorstep. Additionally, strategies such as batch cooking, priority to-do lists, and utilizing technology for shopping and meal planning are effective time management techniques that make everyday tasks more efficient. These approaches not only save time but also contribute to a healthier and more organized lifestyle.

Time-saving tips are often about making thoughtful changes to your lifestyle, habits and environment to minimise effort in the long run. Do you have any quick wins or hacks you use daily?

I'll go first: I started meal prepping lunches and freezing them on Sundays after my grocery shop. That way I don't have to think about what to cook during the week and it saves so much time! Plus, it forces me to eat healthier rather than grabbing takeaway.

• Haha
Reactions: musical
Meal prepping is a great idea! I do something similar but with ingredients rather than full meals - chop up veggies, cook some chicken breasts and portion them out. That way I have the components to throw together a healthy lunch or dinner quickly without having to spend time preparing them.

I also use a weekly planning session every Sunday to help stay on top of things. It's become a relaxing ritual - I make a cup of tea, take 30 mins to plan the week ahead, review my calendar and jot down some goals/priorities in my planner. Helps me hit the ground running on Monday morning!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
That's a great idea to keep the ingredients ready! It's amazing how 30 minutes of planning can make such a difference too. I'm a list person too, so jotting down goals and prioritizing them would definitely help me stay on track.

meal-prep-and-planning-101-1440x810.jpg

Having visually appealing photos to go along with our meal plans can really help us stay motivated towards achieving our goals too! Plus, it makes the experience so much more fun and enjoyable 😊
The ingredients shown seem easy to work with - do you have the recipe names or a general idea of what the meals are? I'd love some inspiration for my next grocery list!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom and joyful
The photos and recipes are right up my alley!
There's an app called 'Mealime' which has some really great features to help save time. You can select meals from a variety of options based on your dietary preferences, and it provides a consolidated grocery list of all the ingredients needed for the week. It even divides the list into produce, pantry items, meat/seafood, etc., so nothing gets wasted and you know exactly what you need at a glance.
The app also includes some handy recipe pacakges which include meal prep containers.
I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot!

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
That's an awesome recommendation - I'll check it out right away! Love the features you mentioned, especially the consolidated grocery list - that alone would save so much time and effort. And the fact that it categorizes the ingredients make it even more appealing. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, that feature really seals the deal - it's so annoying running around the store trying to find ingredients and having to backtrack. Hope you enjoy using it!

The grocery app is a lifesaver - being able to locate items and plan your shopping list ahead of time really streamlines the process. I also use the recipe feature and prep time filters to find new meal ideas on those rushed weekdays, it's a real timesaver!

Reactions: koala
Great tip about using the recipe feature and prep time filters - so helpful for busy days! I've also found that using the app's delivery feature lets me skip the lines and shop from home, which has been a real timesaver especially when I'm short on time. Plus, it's nice to have groceries delivered right to my door.

Reactions: bookworm
Using the delivery feature sounds like such a great way to save time, especially when you're short on busy days! It's impressive how convenient technology has made our lives - groceries delivered right to your doorstep? Sign me up! That definitely saves the hassle of having to go out and shop after a long day. Thanks for sharing your experience; it's much appreciated!

Absolutely! I was skeptical at first about the quality of groceries I'd receive but the produce has always been fresh and high quality. It's definitely a huge timesaver and also prevents those impulse buys we all tend to make in store!

Online grocery shopping is a great time-saver and a blessing for impulse buyers! It's encouraging to hear that your experience with it has been so positive - fresh, high-quality produce and convenient delivery. Thanks for sharing!

Any other tips you've found helpful in saving time on everyday tasks?

Online grocery shopping is fantastic for time management! I also like batch cooking and meal prepping - cook a big meal on Sundays and portion it out for the week. It saves so much time and avoids the daily decision-making of what to cook! Also, keeping a daily to-do list organized by priority helps me stay on track and avoid wasting time.

Great tips! I agree about online grocery shopping - it's a real timesaver, and also prevents impulse buys. I find meal planning really helps too; taking some time each week to decide on meals and ensure you have the right ingredients cuts down on so much daily decision making and reduces food waste.
I'm also a big fan of the daily priority to-do list - especially crossing things off when completed! It's so satisfying, and keeps you organized and focused.

Online grocery shopping is a huge timesaver and also helps in reducing impulse purchases. Agreed, it calls for some planning but the payoff in terms of convenience and saved time is so worth it!

Meal planning is an excellent strategy too - taking the guesswork out of meal decisions every day is such a timesaver and helps make better use of ingredients.

Priority to-do lists are a great idea as well, especially if you're a visually inclined person like me. There's nothing quite as satisfying as crossing off completed tasks! It's also a good way to stay on top of things and not get overwhelmed.

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
Totally agree with you on online grocery shopping! I've been doing it for years and it has made my life so much easier, especially since I hate crowds.

I also make good use of the meal planning strategy - preparing a week's worth of meals ahead of time has helped me stay healthy and saved me from last-minute takeaways or processed food.

And yes, the satisfaction of crossing off items on a to-do list is very satisfying! I keep a detailed one and update it constantly. It really helps me stay organized and keeps my days structured.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu