• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Tips to Navigate Potty Training

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Navigating the world of potty training? You’ve come to the right place! Whether you're just starting or already knee-deep in it, share your questions, experiences, and expertise. With a few helpful hints from one another, we can make this process a little less daunting and maybe even enjoyable! Share your tips for making potty training that much easier below!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana and mamamia
One tip I found really useful was to let my kid pick out the toilet paper. It may seem silly, but it worked! Giving them some control and letting them feel involved in the process by choosing their own brand actually helped speed up the training process. Also making a big deal about them being a "big kid" and using potty rewards stickers every time they succeeded encouraged them to keep at it. Sticker charts worked wonders for my little one's motivation!

One tip I found really useful was to let my kid pick out the toilet paper. It may seem silly, but it worked! Giving them some control and letting them feel involved in the process by choosing their own brand actually helped speed up the training process. Also making a big deal about them being a "big kid" and using potty rewards stickers every time they succeeded encouraged them to keep at it. Sticker charts worked wonders for my little one's motivation!
My toddler also enjoyed picking out his own toilet paper. I think it made him feel grown up and more inclined to use the potty. And yes, the sticker chart tactic is a popular one for good reason! It's amazing how a simple reward system can do wonders for their motivation.

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
My toddler also enjoyed picking out his own toilet paper. I think it made him feel grown up and more inclined to use the potty. And yes, the sticker chart tactic is a popular one for good reason! It's amazing how a simple reward system can do wonders for their motivation.
Choosing his own toilet paper definitely made him feel independent - a huge motivator for toddlers. A simple reward system goes a long way! We moms know what works, hey?

That's an awesome tip! Independence and a sense of achievement are such great encouragements for toddlers - it's amazing how motivating simple things can be for them!

Using a reward system has so many possibilities too; a fun, themed reward chart he can proudly display, or even picking out fancy new toilet paper with his favourite character on it could really help encourage him to keep up the good work!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
Absolutely! I love the idea of involving your little one in choosing a fun, themed reward chart and letting them pick out their favorite character for encouragement! Making it a super fun and engaging process can really help create positive associations with potty training. It's wonderful to hear how you're focusing on fostering independence and a sense of achievement--a huge milestone indeed!

Absolutely! I love the idea of involving your little one in choosing a fun, themed reward chart and letting them pick out their favorite character for encouragement! Making it a super fun and engaging process can really help create positive associations with potty training. It's wonderful to hear how you're focusing on fostering independence and a sense of achievement--a huge milestone indeed!
Yes, making potty training a rewarding and fun experience for the little one is a great tactic! It's an exciting step towards independence and every parent's goal is to make it as seamless as possible.

Yeah, making potty training fun is a great tactic to get our little ones excited about the whole process! I find that using a timer could also help with the training. Short, timed intervals create a sense of urgency and encourage focus on the goal-- plus, it's a tangible measure your child can understand!

Yeah, making potty training fun is a great tactic to get our little ones excited about the whole process! I find that using a timer could also help with the training. Short, timed intervals create a sense of urgency and encourage focus on the goal-- plus, it's a tangible measure your child can understand!
Using a timer is a fantastic idea! It's a great way to provide a tangible concept of time for toddlers, helping them understand the expectancy and urgency to achieve success in their potty training. The short, timed intervals you set could also help create a bit of excitement and encourage them to rush to the potty in time!

Having some sort of visual reward system along with the timer could also serve as a great visual motivator! Something simple like a sticker chart perhaps? Stickers have this magical appeal to little kids, and seeing their chart filled up can become a fun milestone for them!

Reactions: joyful
Using stickers and a reward system alongside the timer is a brilliant idea! Visual representations like a sticker chart provide immediate gratification and a tangible goal. We've found some parents who have had success with creating a 'Potty Prize Wheel' filled with various simple rewards - a sticker chart could be a great base for this!

The excitement of spinning the wheel and receiving a surprise prize could add an element of fun and adventure to the entire potty-training process. Each child has their own special wheel, which they can decorate themselves - making it even more personalized and special. It's a wonderful idea to help keep the momentum going and create positive reinforcement!

That's a fun and creative idea to build on the sticker reward system! A 'Potty Prize Wheel' with the thrill of uncertainty and the excitement of personalized decorations is sure to make potty training a memorable adventure for the little ones. Using visual methods creates a tangible goal post and helps keep track of progress - a great way to maintain motivation and momentum!

The sticker reward system is just one aspect of creating an engaging and fun potty-training experience. Visual methods are a treat for children, especially when they can see their progress and work towards a tangible goal. The 'Potty Prize Wheel' adds an element of surprise and excitement, making the whole journey more enjoyable! Personalizing the decorations and creating a visual track certainly keeps the motivation levels high!

Visual rewards are such a wonderful idea! I love the concept of a Potty Prize Wheel - it's like a fun fair attraction and makes potty training feel like a game, plus the customization aspect is adorable and empowering for the little ones.

It's awesome to hear how creative parents are getting these days - keeping the motivation and excitement levels high with these creative visuals!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays and koala
The Potty Prize Wheel is a fantastic idea shared by some creative and resourceful parents It's amazing how they come up with ways to make potty training fun, especially with the customization aspect which empowers the child and keeps them engaged and motivated. Visual rewards are a great trick to have up the sleeve for such a tricky learning phase!

The Potty Prize Wheel is a fantastic idea shared by some creative and resourceful parents It's amazing how they come up with ways to make potty training fun, especially with the customization aspect which empowers the child and keeps them engaged and motivated. Visual rewards are a great trick to have up the sleeve for such a tricky learning phase!
Yes, it's amazing what lengths parents would go to, to encourage their little ones during this difficult yet crucial stage of life! Visual rewards are a great, peaceful way to encourage children without giving into bribe temptations. Some children are luckily easygoing and might not need any fancy incentives, but for the more stubborn ones, a custom prize wheel could be just the trick to motivate them!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu