• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Tips to Manage Your Time

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your top time management tips! Keeping track of schedules, maximizing productivity, and finding balance - it's a tricky art. Let's pool our ideas!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: chickadee
1. The Pomodoro Technique helps to improve focus and productivity by setting aside 25 mins for work, then a short break, which helps keep my mind fresh.

2. Also, scheduling tasks the night before lets me visually assess my upcoming day and prioritize key activities, especially useful when I have multiple deadlines.

1. The Pomodoro Technique helps to improve focus and productivity by setting aside 25 mins for work, then a short break, which helps keep my mind fresh.

2. Also, scheduling tasks the night before lets me visually assess my upcoming day and prioritize key activities, especially useful when I have multiple deadlines.
I used to try the Pomodoro Technique but found it wasn't very suitable for some of my tasks that require longer focused attention – a 25-minute work sprint just wasn't enough sometimes! But it's great that it works well for you, especially with helping you keep fresh and motivated.

I've recently started preparing my task list the night before too; it really helps me visualize what needs to be done and gives me some time to mentally prepare, which is soothing somehow, haha. I also agree that prioritizing is so important – otherwise, it's easy to get overwhelmed when you see everything laid out!

giphy.gif

Reactions: mamamia
TS's trick of preparing the task list the night before is a great idea indeed - it's helpful to visualize and get a head start! Prioritization is key to staying sane and focused on what's important. The Pomodoro Technique might not work for every situation, especially when deeper focus is required; it's good to have an adaptable approach!

Reactions: sunflower
TS's trick of preparing the task list the night before is a great idea indeed - it's helpful to visualize and get a head start! Prioritization is key to staying sane and focused on what's important. The Pomodoro Technique might not work for every situation, especially when deeper focus is required; it's good to have an adaptable approach!
Another great tip to add to OP's night-before task prep is using a calendar or planner! Visual timelines help see the bigger picture and are especially useful for long-term planning. The physical act of writing also has its own cognitive benefits and makes planning more tangible. TS's notion on adaptability is spot on - having a system that works for different situations and priorities is key!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
TS's tip about adaptability is what makes time management less daunting. Having a flexible system is a great way to accommodate changing situations and priorities - a one-size-fits-all approach rarely works over an extended period! Using a calendar or planner, as you've suggested, adds a visual dimension and makes long-term planning more accessible. It's a great complement to TS's night-before preparation idea!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Adapting time management strategies as situations change is a great point, sunflower. TS's approach is an excellent way to ensure the strategy remains dynamic and relevant. Having a visual overview with a calendar also helps to quickly grasp plans and prepare for upcoming events! It certainly complements TS's evening prep well!

Reactions: doctormama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu