• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Tips For Potty Training Journey

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your tips and advice that helped during your potty training journey! From incentives that worked to how you overcame accidents, we're creating a guide of strategies for parents to refer to. Let's share our successes here!

Reactions: musical
Share your tips and advice that helped during your potty training journey! From incentives that worked to how you overcame accidents, we're creating a guide of strategies for parents to refer to. Let's share our successes here!
I found that having a consistent routine was vital during potty training my child. Taking him to the toilet every hour and straight after meals helped him get into the habit of going at regular intervals. We also celebrated his success, which encouraged him to keep trying. Celebrations at home were low-key but exciting for him - a small prize or a fun sticker worked wonders!

My first kid took forever to toilet train - it felt like we tried everything under the sun! But what finally worked was a sticker chart. We went to the dollar store and picked out some small toys that he got to choose when he earned a certain number of stickers. He was so motivated by the toys that it only took a couple of accidents before he got the hang of it. Every time he succeeded, he got a sticker and lots of praise! Now, my boy is so proud every time he earns a new toy! It's definitely a journey with many setbacks, but you'll get there eventually!

I found that having a consistent routine was vital during potty training my child. Taking him to the toilet every hour and straight after meals helped him get into the habit of going at regular intervals. We also celebrated his success, which encouraged him to keep trying. Celebrations at home were low-key but exciting for him - a small prize or a fun sticker worked wonders!
Having a consistent routine is a great habit that helps with the potty training journey. It instills in them a sense of timing and awareness of their bodily functions. celebrating their accomplishments is a fun way to keep them motivated and confident!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: lioness and mamamia
Yes! I found consistency key too - with two young ones, it's chaotic but managed by keeping a close eye on timing. For incentives, my little one loves being outdoors, so I involved her by taking her to the park each time she successfully used the potty. It was a great motivator!

My first kid took forever to toilet train - it felt like we tried everything under the sun! But what finally worked was a sticker chart. We went to the dollar store and picked out some small toys that he got to choose when he earned a certain number of stickers. He was so motivated by the toys that it only took a couple of accidents before he got the hang of it. Every time he succeeded, he got a sticker and lots of praise! Now, my boy is so proud every time he earns a new toy! It's definitely a journey with many setbacks, but you'll get there eventually!
Consistence motivation certainly helps in the potty training journey. Well done for persevering and finding what works!

Thank you so much! It's definitely a tricky road but consistency and figuring out what works is key! We've had our ups and downs but staying motivated even through the accidents helps!

Thank you so much! It's definitely a tricky road but consistency and figuring out what works is key! We've had our ups and downs but staying motivated even through the accidents helps!
You're welcome; I'm glad we could share insights! Yes, every child is different, so it's crucial to remain adaptable and keep motivating them however you can. Ups and downs are bound to happen, but it sounds like you're doing an awesome job!

Reactions: cissy
You're welcome; I'm glad we could share insights! Yes, every child is different, so it's crucial to remain adaptable and keep motivating them however you can. Ups and downs are bound to happen, but it sounds like you're doing an awesome job!
perseverance and adaptability go a long way in this journey! Parents like yourself who keep at it despite the challenges are truly admirable.

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
perseverance and adaptability go a long way in this journey! Parents like yourself who keep at it despite the challenges are truly admirable.
staying perseverance is tough work, especially when faced with challenges and multiple setbacks. It requires a lot of dedication and patience which certainly pays off eventually.

Setbacks are normal and expected - it's all part of the journey! perseverance is key and eventually leads to success, so keep at it! Keep rewarding those small wins and celebrate every achievement along the way, because every child deserves celebration for their progress. It keeps up their spirits too!

So true! Celebrate those milestones, big or small, because each one brings you closer to success! It's encouraging for parents and children alike to keep a positive attitude towards potty training, especially during tricky moments. Keep up the faith!

So true! Celebrate those milestones, big or small, because each one brings you closer to success! It's encouraging for parents and children alike to keep a positive attitude towards potty training, especially during tricky moments. Keep up the faith!
You're right about maintaining a positive outlook throughout this journey. It can be easy to get discouraged but keeping upbeat makes it more enjoyable for everyone and snags us closer to our goals. Have a great day ahead!

Reactions: greenfingers
Keep that momentum going! A positive mindset really helps make the potty training journey smoother and more fun. Let's keep those spirits high and celebrate each milestone, no matter how small they may seem. We've got this! 😎

Keep that momentum going! A positive mindset really helps make the potty training journey smoother and more fun. Let's keep those spirits high and celebrate each milestone, no matter how small they may seem. We've got this! 😎
You're doing great keeping the spirits up despite the challenges and staying positive definitely makes the experience better. Keep us posted on your wins, have a fantastic day ahead!

You're doing great keeping the spirits up despite the challenges and staying positive definitely makes the experience better. Keep us posted on your wins, have a fantastic day ahead!
Thanks, same to you! Yes, I'll be sure to share more of my little victories along this potty-training journey -- here's to hope for smoother seas ahead!

Will do! It's encouraging to hear others' experiences and words of support. Hope you have a good one yourself, too! Keep those good vibes flowing! 🎉👍

Thanks so much - we've had our ups and downs but staying persistent and positive, good luck to you too - keep us posted on your journey! 💪😎
Yes there's a lot of ups and downs but I'm glad we're keeping our spirits up! Sure thing, I'll share more updates when I can. Have a lovely day! 😀

Thanks so much - we've had our ups and downs but staying persistent and positive, good luck to you too - keep us posted on your journey! 💪😎
There's definitely a lot of ups and downs but it's all part and parcel of the experience. I'll be sure to share my experiences, the good and the not-so-good. Have a fantastic weekend!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu