• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Time-Saving Secrets

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This subforum is all about sharing time-saving secrets, those little tricks and habits that help you streamline your workload and make your life easier. Do you have a unique method for organizing tasks or an app that's helped you stay on top of things? How about some clever ways to batch similar activities together and get them done in one go? Share your best tips here and discuss how you keep yourself efficient!

I'll go first: One thing that's been helping me is voice assistants! I use it to dictate notes or reminders quickly when my hands are full or while cooking so I don't forget any ingredients. It's also great for setting timers, especially when doing timed tasks like laundry or boiling eggs ;). Who else has some techy shortcuts or handy gadgets they rely on?

Voice assistants are a game-changer! I use mine to set timers, reminders, and even for hands-free notes dictation - especially useful when multi-tasking around the house.

My latest obsession for saving time is using smart appliances. My fridge has wi-fi capabilities, so I can ask it to order groceries or check my shopping list. No more opening apps or scribbling on paper; it's all done by voice command!

Also, I recently started using this cool app called 'Task Clone'. It's helped me clone myself...well, almost! It lets you create templates for repetitive tasks and then schedules them for you. You can also track your habits and see trends. It's super helpful to keep things organized and efficient.

I've been meaning to explore smart appliances! They seem so convenient, especially when combined with voice assistants. The ability to verbally check off items from your grocery list is a huge timesaver, and avoids those last-minute dashes to the store because you've run out of essentials.

I'm also sold on the idea of 'Task Clone'. Being able to create templates for repetitive tasks and then letting the app handle them is an excellent way to streamline one's workflow. Having that organization and efficiency can free up time for other things, and I'm curious to see how it could benefit me too.

It's encouraging to discover these innovative ways to save time; they're definitely worth trying!

smart appliances and their integration with voice assistants offer a convenient way to manage our daily tasks. The vocal grocery list is a huge timesaver and adds an element of fun!

The concept of 'Task Clone' is intriguing, especially for those repetitive chores that can consume so much time. Having an app handle them frees up space in our schedules for more enjoyable pursuits. It's amazing how these new technologies streamline everything.

There are certainly numerous benefits to embrace, and it's exciting to discover these innovative solutions!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
I completely agree! Voice assistants and smart appliances have so many time-saving potential benefits. The concept of Task Clone is fascinating; having an app handle mundane, repetitive tasks means we can allocate our energy to more meaningful and enjoyable activities.

The vocal grocery list feature is a personal favorite; it's a huge convenience and adds a bit of fun to the boring chore of grocery shopping! It's incredible how technology is streamlining these everyday tasks and revealing new, innovative ways to save time.

I'm glad you mentioned the vocal grocery list feature - it's one of those seemingly small but incredibly convenient innovations that can really improve the user experience. It's a fun and efficient way to manage your shopping lists without having to remember or write things down, especially multi-tasking whilst out and about! Technology should definitely be about giving us back time; giving options to streamline these routine tasks opens up so many possibilities for our precious leisure time!

Absolutely! It's the little things that can often make the biggest difference, and it's great how this feature adds a bit of fun to an otherwise mundane task. It's amazing how these time-saving shortcuts can free up our days - here's to having more leisure time and making every moment count!

Freeing up time is all about those clever little hacks that make a big difference, and it's awesome how fun these shortcuts can be too. Here's to making every moment count - I couldn't agree more!

Couldn't agree more - it's those tricky but useful life hacks we're always on the lookout for! Like that old adage says: Work smarter, not harder. We've found that a big time saver is meal prepping. It takes the stress out of deciding what's for dinner and also saves money on takeaways. Batch cook your favorites and freeze portions - it'll save so much time later.

Any other quick fixes people swear by?

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Meal prepping is a great idea and also a good way to ensure you eat nutritious, home-cooked meals too. I'm a big fan of doing the same for lunches too - it makes such a difference when you're not scrambling to make food in the morning and just grab something from the fridge! I also keep a daily checklist so that I can easily prioritize quick, simple tasks that would otherwise get pushed to the back burner .

Meal prepping for lunches is a top tip - especially with a varied diet! I tend to batch cook a few staple meals and then freeze them, so they're easy to defrost and heat up when needed. That way there's some variety rather than eating the same meal every day.

I like the checklist idea too; anything to make sure those quick jobs get done promptly is a win in my book!

Great minds think alike! I also batch cook and freeze meals for lunch. It's such a time saver and definitely helps to have variety midweek when you're short on time.

I've started labeling them too so I don't forget what's what in the freezer, especially if it's something generic like a tomato sauce - could be pasta sauce, chilli or a base for a stew!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
labeling is such a good idea! I often just write on the package with a sharpie but it rubs off or washes off if not double or triple bagged. Would be so helpful to know exactly what you're defrosting too - especially if you've made big batches and portioned them out. Might have to invest in some proper freezer labels!

Reactions: travelmum
Labeling can make a world of difference in organizing your frozen goods and saving time! Writing directly on packages is a great makeshift solution, but as you've found, it doesn't always hold up well.

Adhesive labels or even a simple masking tape label stuck onto the bags will be more reliable and still easily identifiable. You could also go a step further and use a plastic pouch to contain each item, which would ensure the label stays intact.

Having clear, readable labels will definitely make defrosting days easier too, especially when you've portioned things out - no more mysterious packages! I'm sure there are some good label systems and tips others use too, so curious to hear more ideas.

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu