• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Time Hacks

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What are your best time hacks?

I'll start:

- Always prepare lunch the night before if you're short on time in the mornings. You can also lay out your outfit and pack bags, coats etc. This saves so much time and reduces morning stress!

- If you drive, keep a reusable grocery bag in your car. Whenever you stop at the store, throw the bag and its contents in the trunk - no need to remember it every time.

- Buy birthday cards/greeting cards in advance and stock them. Same goes for small gifts - have a stash ready so you're prepared for any last minute invites or occasions.

Your turn!

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
What are your best time hacks?

I'll start:

- Always prepare lunch the night before if you're short on time in the mornings. You can also lay out your outfit and pack bags, coats etc. This saves so much time and reduces morning stress!

- If you drive, keep a reusable grocery bag in your car. Whenever you stop at the store, throw the bag and its contents in the trunk - no need to remember it every time.

- Buy birthday cards/greeting cards in advance and stock them. Same goes for small gifts - have a stash ready so you're prepared for any last minute invites or occasions.

Your turn!
My best time hack is to keep everything you need for work in the car boot. Raincoat, umbrella, and even a spare shirt, pants, and footwear! You never know when you'll be caught out in the rain or have an unexpected event to attend after work.

Also, my mum swears by having a small stash of gifts and cards too, just in case, like you said!

I usually prepare my coffee the night before. That way in the morning, all I need to do is press the start button on my coffee maker! No fuss pouring and mixing different ingredients together. Saves me a good 15 mins!

I also make it a point to set out my exercise attire the night before if I know I'm heading straight from work to my workout class. Otherwise, I'll end up running late and have to skip my workout cos I have to head home first for a quick shower and change.

Another hack is to keep an umbrella and a spare pair of flats in the office. The flats come in handy after a rainy day or when your feet are killing you from wearing heels!

I usually prepare my coffee the night before. That way in the morning, all I need to do is press the start button on my coffee maker! No fuss pouring and mixing different ingredients together. Saves me a good 15 mins!

I also make it a point to set out my exercise attire the night before if I know I'm heading straight from work to my workout class. Otherwise, I'll end up running late and have to skip my workout cos I have to head home first for a quick shower and change.

Another hack is to keep an umbrella and a spare pair of flats in the office. The flats come in handy after a rainy day or when your feet are killing you from wearing heels!
Having a boot full of emergency work attire and rain gear is such a good idea! Your mum's gift and card stash is also a really thoughtful hack that saves the day for last-minute occasions. I think a lot of us can benefit from these tips to keep our mornings calm and stress-free!

I like the one about keeping a reusable grocery bag in the car! So true, it's such a waste of time to keep forgetting it. I would add to also keep an emergency stash of snacks in the car - great for a hunger emergency or for when you're running errands and need an energy boost without having to make a pit stop!

Also agree on the lunch prep and outfit planning the night before - saves so much time and really helps when you're not a morning person 😅 What else... oh ya, I always keep some quick go-to snacks/breakfast options at home too, like those instant oatmeal packets or granola bars. Helps to just grab something quick when you're running late and haven't had breakfast yet.

Reactions: bananarama
I like the one about keeping a reusable grocery bag in the car! So true, it's such a waste of time to keep forgetting it. I would add to also keep an emergency stash of snacks in the car - great for a hunger emergency or for when you're running errands and need an energy boost without having to make a pit stop!

Also agree on the lunch prep and outfit planning the night before - saves so much time and really helps when you're not a morning person 😅 What else... oh ya, I always keep some quick go-to snacks/breakfast options at home too, like those instant oatmeal packets or granola bars. Helps to just grab something quick when you're running late and haven't had breakfast yet.
Yeah, having snacks on hand is a great idea! I also like to prepare my breakfast the night before so it's one less thing to worry about in the morning. My oatmeal or overnight Chia seed pudding is always ready to grab and go. Also means I don't have to rush and eat something unhealthy instead.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Ahhhh... time hacks - everyone needs those!

I prepare my breakfast and coffee the night before so I just need to grab and go in the mornings - saves me from rushing around like a madman!

Also have a small container in my car for groceries. It's smaller than a normal bag, so it doesn't take up much space but can fit quite a bit of shopping. Saves me from forgetting stuff too!

I also keep a ' celebrations stash' - some cards, gifts and even candles and a small cake for last minute parties!

Reactions: greenfingers
My personal favourite time hack is setting everything up the night before - works like a charm every time!

It's kinda like having a little calm 'pre-morning' routine, and it feels so satisfying to just grab everything you need, all ready and sorted, before running out the door. No need to rush or panic!

Having a small stash of gifts and cards is such a good idea too; always nice to be prepared for any unexpected occasions!

I'm a huge fan of meal prepping! Saves so much time and hassle, and you're right - it reduces the morning rush anxiety.

The grocery bag hack is genius! I usually end up with groceries rolling around in the back seat haha. Will definitely be implementing that.

I also stock up on generic gifts and cards - never fails to come in handy and saves so much last minute stress!

One of my personal hacks is to keep a running list on my phone of things I need to get done, grocery lists etc. That way, I don't have to keep reminding myself or risk forgetting something. I'm also religious about setting reminders - my phone's alarm is my best friend and constant companion!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
I'm a huge fan of meal prepping! Saves so much time and hassle, and you're right - it reduces the morning rush anxiety.

The grocery bag hack is genius! I usually end up with groceries rolling around in the back seat haha. Will definitely be implementing that.

I also stock up on generic gifts and cards - never fails to come in handy and saves so much last minute stress!

One of my personal hacks is to keep a running list on my phone of things I need to get done, grocery lists etc. That way, I don't have to keep reminding myself or risk forgetting something. I'm also religious about setting reminders - my phone's alarm is my best friend and constant companion!
I'm also always prepared for birthdays and such cause I buy gifts in advance man. Don't wanna be that person who gives a late present. Quite paiseh . And yup, my phone notes app is my saviour too! Got all my to-do lists there, or else I'd forget everything hahaha.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
I think the bag idea is genius! So simple yet so effective - it's the kind of thing you'd kick yourself for not thinking of haha. I usually prep my coffee/tea stuff the night before cause in the morning I'm basically a zombie till I have my first sip! Also set out my workout clothes if I plan to exercise, otherwise I might just roll back into bed 😆.

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
I think the bag idea is genius! So simple yet so effective - it's the kind of thing you'd kick yourself for not thinking of haha. I usually prep my coffee/tea stuff the night before cause in the morning I'm basically a zombie till I have my first sip! Also set out my workout clothes if I plan to exercise, otherwise I might just roll back into bed 😆.
My favourite is to keep an emergency stash of snacks in my desk at work! I always seem to need a mid-afternoon pick me up but often forget to bring something in. Having a hidden supply really saves the day and my energy levels 😁

Also, do you know those silicone stretch lids that can cover bowls or any containers with irregular shapes? They are life changing for someone who meals preps and wants to keep food fresh! No more struggling to find the right sized container lids!

Ya, those are really good ones!

I also like to utilize slow weekends to batch prepare freezable meals so I have some healthy options on busy weeks. Just pop them out of the freezer, defrost, and heat them up quickly. No need to eat unhealthy takeaway when you're time-crunched!

Also, I keep my everyday makeup and work attire ready and set aside the night before too haha. Saves me from searching for stuff in the morning.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu