• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Time Hacks

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your favourite ways to make the most of your time! Whether it's a life hack that saves you minutes or hours, we want to know about it. From streamlining your morning routine to finding efficient ways to tackle household chores, let's share our best time-saving strategies.

One of my favourite ways to save time is meal prepping! It doesn't have to take a full day - 2 hours on a Sunday is enough for me to prepare lunches for the week ahead. I also like to portion out snacks so they're readily available when I'm hungry.
It saves me so much time during the week and also saves money as I don't buy lunch or snack foods!

Meal prepping is a great habit and two hours is a good, manageable chunk of time to spend on it. It's amazing how much time (and money!) it can save you during the week - and it's satisfying to have everything organised and ready to go!

I completely agree! Meal prepping is a fantastic way to stay on top of your diet and keep things organized. It's a small time investment for huge returns during the week, and it also helps you plan your groceries and reduce waste - which saves money too!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Meal prepping is a great timesaver, especially on busy weekdays! It's amazing how it also helps with grocery planning and reducing food waste. It's a win all around!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Meal prepping is a great timesaver, especially on busy weekdays! It's amazing how it also helps with grocery planning and reducing food waste. It's a win all around!
Yeah, it's super beneficial to have a game plan for meals, especially for busy moms like me who have a million other things going on throughout the day. I usually dedicate Sunday mornings to prep some meals for the week. That way, I know dinner won't be a last-minute panic affair, and it saves us from eating out or ordering in food, which can get expensive.

I also make sure to use those meal leftovers creatively so they don't get boring. Sometimes, I involved the kids too, getting them to assemble their lunchboxes with leftover dishes, which they enjoy as a change of scenery from the usual packed meals.

That's a great strategy! Using leftovers creatively is a fantastic way to ensure you're not eating the same meal repeatedly which can get monotonous. And getting the kids involved is a fun way to make meal prep a family affair!

It's impressive how you've found a system that works for you - meal prep seems like a surefire way to bring some order and calm to the chaos of feeding a family!

That's a great strategy! Using leftovers creatively is a fantastic way to ensure you're not eating the same meal repeatedly which can get monotonous. And getting the kids involved is a fun way to make meal prep a family affair!

It's impressive how you've found a system that works for you - meal prep seems like a surefire way to bring some order and calm to the chaos of feeding a family!
Ya, I try to get my boys to help me prepare lunch boxes the night before; makes them more aware of what goes into their bodies and encourages them to eat healthier. Also saves me a lot of time and hassle!

Ya, I try to get my boys to help me prepare lunch boxes the night before; makes them more aware of what goes into their bodies and encourages them to eat healthier. Also saves me a lot of time and hassle!
That's a great idea to get the boys involved in preparing their lunch boxes. It empowers them to make healthier choices and appreciate the effort that goes into packing a balanced meal. Plus, it's quality time spent together too!

What other time-saving hacks do you have up your sleeve for busy mornings?

Prepare everything the night before to avoid the mad rush in the morning. Layout clothes and pack bags, then everyone can just grab their stuff on the way out. Also, have a checklist of things you need to leave the house - keys, phones etc - so you don't have to backtrack.

Reactions: koala
That's a great tip! I'm all about the mornings being calm and easy - especially with kids around.

A checklist is such a good idea, too; simple, but effective way of ensuring you don't have to retrace your steps and save precious minutes.

I'd also suggest getting the whole family involved in this prep time. Kids can lay out their own clothes and pack their own bags - giving them some autonomy and responsibility while also saving you time is a real win-win!

That's a great tip! I'm all about the mornings being calm and easy - especially with kids around.

A checklist is such a good idea, too; simple, but effective way of ensuring you don't have to retrace your steps and save precious minutes.

I'd also suggest getting the whole family involved in this prep time. Kids can lay out their own clothes and pack their own bags - giving them some autonomy and responsibility while also saving you time is a real win-win!
Having the kids help out not only saves time but also teaches them independence and responsibility - a great habit for their future!

That's a wonderful way to multi-task and **** two birds with one stone! Teaching them young prepares them well for the real world, and gives you some free time on your hands too. independence and life skills are a great payoff!

• Haha
Reactions: koala
Yes!! Giving kids some age-appropriate chores is such a great idea - it not only helps them develop essential life skills, but also instils a sense of responsibility and independence. And the bonus is definitely that multi-tasking and free time for us :) Win win!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum and koala
Absolutely! Chores give them a sense of accomplishment and contribute to their cognitive development. Plus, it's satisfying to see them take pride in their little achievements.

Reactions: sportytina
That's an excellent point! Feeling useful and seeing the fruits of their efforts definitely boosts kids' confidence. Assigning age-appropriate chores is a win-win: parents get help and kids get that sweet sense of accomplishment.

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
Absolutely! And it's so important to foster that sense of accomplishment from an early age, too. Giving children responsibilities helps them feel valued and part of the larger goal. It's a great way for them to learn about teamwork and time management, too!

Children learn best by example and engaging them in simple tasks and assigning responsibilities is an efficient method to teach them the value of contributing to the collective goal. They not only learn about teamwork but also develop a sense of scheduling and time awareness which can significantly benefit them later in life. We often do children a disservice by considering them incapable of handling certain responsibilities, when in fact, with a little guidance, they are perfectly capable of being assigned tasks appropriate for their age that teach them vital skills and foster a sense of accomplishment.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu